• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

wtf, you cant look around in Batman VR? something must be wrong...

i restarted and relicabrated twice, still it gives me the stupid recentering msg when i try to look even slightly to any other direction than straight ahead. this is bullshit. havent had problems with any other game..

tried both standing up and sitting.

MattAces

wtf, you cant look around in Batman VR? something must be wrong...

i restarted and relicabrated twice, still it gives me the stupid recentering msg when i try to look even slightly to any other direction than straight ahead. this is bullshit. havent had problems with any other game..

tried both standing up and sitting.

That's definitely not working properly. The game is basically looking around finding stuff.

MattAces

Expanding on the StarBlood Arena price reduction, straight from a dev
Since StarBlood Arena saw a price drop last Friday on the PSN Store (NA) there have been several posts and conversations popping up on the topic. I thought I'd let the dust settle over the weekend, collect some data and feedback and then chime in to provide some insight and info to the ever sexy PSVR community about our price reduction :)
First of all, it's TRUE! In the NA store it's now permanently listed at $19.99. This isn't a sale, that's the new price. Since the reduction, I've been chatting with Sony and learned that each region is responsible for it's own pricing, so EU and Asia have not seen a permanent reduction yet, but I'm keeping on top of it to find out if/when that will happen and reddit will be the first to know :)
Many have speculated about the reason for the price drop. Is the game a failure? Are we giving up? Is this a play to get more players into the arena?
Here's the answer for you. We are committed to building this multiplayer community - not only for StarBlood Arena but for the PSVR as a platform. We care about that over profit, sales or anything else. I personally take it as seriously as being my life's work right now. Anyone in our Discord channel, Twitter or on reddit threads can attest to that. I spent my Saturday night on reddit, PMing people and working with the community on a new event until about 2am. That's my own weekend, my own time - but there's nothing more important to me. I think I even pissed my girlfriend off, but she eventually fell asleep - and you can't be pissed off while you're sleeping, so I won that round :D
Offering the game at a lower point of entry and releasing our demo, which is coming out soon, are small steps towards making the game more accessible to the existing PSVR player base. The current players love the game and go to bat for it every chance they get - and we want to make sure they have matches running for a long time to come, with new players to teach, beat up on and call family.
I've posted on the topic of community building many times, but this is a brand new platform and the community starts HERE, with each person who decides to play games together. We're all trying to build something major, TOGETHER! WhiteMoon Dreams and StarBlood Arena are a small piece of that puzzle, but it will take every developer, player and publisher coming together to make that happen.
The price reduction is also just a piece of the puzzle. The good news is that most of our hardcore players have WELCOMED a price drop and some even wish the game was free, even though they've already paid. They love the game and community that much, that they'd be willing to pay and let others get it for free just to ensure that servers are full and everyone is having a good time. That kind of shit brings a tear to my eye. The amount of work I've put in has been mirrored by the players - they organize game nights, they create parties and add new players to their friends list. They defend and promote SBA online everywhere - and most importantly, they tell us areas that we need to improve in to earn the right to call them a fan.
I could go on forever about my love for the community and this subreddit, but everyone leads busy lives and there's pictures of cats and shit to look at, so I won't take any more of your time.
We really hope that you'll give StarBlood a chance and be a part of the movement that makes PSVR a viable option for online multiplayer, if not now - maybe in the future when we've made more progress. This is something we're dedicated to for the long haul. It's my personal goal to make SBA the game that players know they can come back to, month after month. Other games will keep coming out and getting attention, as they should! There's a ton of great PSVR games that come out all the time, but my goal is that StarBlood has that feeling of home, that we're always here when you want to come back and kick some space ass with your friends.
See you in the arena,
LOVE AND ROCKETS.
Matt
tl:dr Confirming that StarBlood Arena's price has reduced in the NA PS Store to $19.99, other regions to follow - not sure if/when but I'm keeping my eye on it and will let you know ASAP. Trying to build an epic mp community on PSVR, TOGETHER <3
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6mh93v/expanding_on_the_starblood_arena_price_reduction/

I kind of want to get this game right now.

That's definitely not working properly. The game is basically looking around finding stuff.

hmmh :/ what can i do? the calibration seems to go fine, im far enough from the camera and everything... damnit, wasted my evening fighting this, gotta sleep and try again tomorrow.

game seems really cool though! nice visuals on the Pro (i assume its patched).

MattAces

Brookhaven Experiment Aim patch live now! 1.2gb
Some detail on the weapons:
DEZvZrgUAAAMrRg.jpg

MattAces

hmmh :/ what can i do? the calibration seems to go fine, im far enough from the camera and everything... damnit, wasted my evening fighting this, gotta sleep and try again tomorrow.

game seems really cool though! nice visuals on the Pro (i assume its patched).

Are you standing on the bat signal? Sounds like you are either standing too far or too near. Also the game is not Pro patched. But it was said that the game on Pro removes those blurry edges around the screen, on standard PS4, only the dead center is clear while everything is blurry. It is still a mystery if it was a system level thing or the game shipped with Pro support.

Would anyone say that Eve: Valkyrie is a better game to get over Farpoint?

Also, Polybius has made the purchase of a psvr unit totally worth it. That game is crazy. Only got to level 5 but can't wait to dig into it along with REZ.

MattAces

Also, Polybius has made the purchase of a psvr unit totally worth it. That game is crazy. Only got to level 5 but can't wait to dig into it along with REZ.

Hell no. Farpoint and RE7 are the pinnacle of PSVR experience. Assuming you will be getting Aim controller alongside Farpoint.

Are you standing on the bat signal? Sounds like you are either standing too far or too near. Also the game is not Pro patched. But it was said that the game on Pro removes those blurry edges around the screen, on standard PS4, only the dead center is clear while everything is blurry. It is still a mystery if it was a system level thing or the game shipped with Pro support.

yeah, i stood on the signal. had to move my couch though and it was a hassle. pissed me off real good when i couldnt get it working lol.

im sure im missing something.. hmmh maybe i need to adjust the camera more or try different lighting. dark room is good right..?

btrboyev

Is Sony actually going to release anymore 1st party games?

Seriously getting tired of Sony not supporting their own hardware that is not a console.

McCHitman

Banned
Has anyone experienced the "Out of play area" message when the tracking still works?

It's super annoying when I'm watching Hulu in VR and lean back on the couch, as I'm out of the area. 2 inches forward and I'm good. I don't understand it.

MattAces

Is Sony actually going to release anymore 1st party games?

Seriously getting tired of Sony not supporting their own hardware that is not a console.

SSM, Sony London (lead by ex lionhead studio director) and Sony Manchester are working on big budget stuff. Alongside with Sony Japan of course.

MattAces

Just played 3 waves of Brookhaven with Aim.
It's pretty good. I love it. The tracking is pretty solid, very smooth, no jittery or shaky hand, I'm just getting some minor drifting in menu but seems to be mostly fine in game.
ADS is pretty pointless because the game is way too dark, I'm just aiming with the flashlight attachment.
Footage might seem a little shaky, but I promise you that it's not shaky at all in game!

Here's a quick video I've uploaded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUmEI-P6Xfo

Sho Nuff

Banned
It's pretty good. I love it. The tracking is pretty solid, very smooth, no jittery or shaky hand, I'm just getting some minor drifting in menu but seems to be mostly fine in game.
ADS is pretty pointless because the game is way too dark, I'm just aiming with the flashlight attachment.

So they map one-handed weapons to the Aim? Hmmm. Flashlight's always on? Hard to tell from the video (on mobile now)

mr stroke

Hell no. Farpoint and RE7 are the pinnacle of PSVR experience. Assuming you will be getting Aim controller alongside Farpoint.

FML I've driven to every Walmart within 20 miles of my house and nothing

Farpoint good enough to drop $130 on eBay ?(assuming it's discontinued)

darkwing

they are different genre though, one is a space sim , the other is an FPS, but on longevity , I'd say Eve wins because it is crossplay with PC players plus if there are lacking online players, they are substituted by bots so you always have MP games

Farpoint on the other hand, I've never experienced coop, I guess not enough players at that time

MattAces

FML I've driven to every Walmart within 20 miles of my house and nothing

Farpoint good enough to drop $130 on eBay ?(assuming it's discontinued)
Neh. Personally no matter great the game is, I will never choose to pay scalpers. But the retail price for the bundle in my region is around 95usd.
You can definitely find it around walmart or just wait for the restock. I've been seeing a lot of reports on availability lately.

sheaaaa

Hey folks, I've got some free time coming up soon and I'm getting my PSVR ready to dive in on all the great games so far. For some reason coverage of PSVR on the sites I read is a bit lacklustre and I was wondering what are the can't miss games so far.

I lean more towards the experimental indie stuff but I'm up for anything if it's great and uses VR spectacularly.

I've got:
Batman Arkham VR
Robinson The Journey
Until Dawn
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Polybius
Job Simulator

And I'll pick up really soon:
Statik
Gnog

Is there anything fantastic that I have to try as well? Open to all suggestions!

darkwing

Hey folks, I've got some free time coming up soon and I'm getting my PSVR ready to dive in on all the great games so far. For some reason coverage of PSVR on the sites I read is a bit lacklustre and I was wondering what are the can't miss games so far.

I lean more towards the experimental indie stuff but I'm up for anything if it's great and uses VR spectacularly.

I've got:
Batman Arkham VR
Robinson The Journey
Until Dawn
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Polybius
Job Simulator

Statik
Gnog

Is there anything fantastic that I have to try as well? Open to all suggestions!

try the demo of RE7, Eve, and of course Farpoint if you can get the Aim controller bundle

bumpkin

Footage might seem a little shaky, but I promise you that it's not shaky at all in game!

I was going to say, that was very dark. It was hard to see what was going on.

Is the game any good? Is there much meat to it? Any story/campaign? I've been curious about it and watching for a good sale.

MattAces

I tried it tonight and it felt like everything was super dark. I couldnt see down the site it was so dark, so I couldnt aim......

Oh yea, it's pitch black, can't see shit at all. Did they somehow patched it darker or am I just getting used to AS(?) But just like the normal Move mode, I fully depend my aiming with where the flashlight is pointing. Still can't find that laser sight.

I was going to say, that was very dark. It was hard to see what was going on.

Is the game any good? Is there much meat to it? Any story/campaign? I've been curious about it and watching for a good sale.

No proper story, just some narrative here and there, not much meat, there's survival and campaign, both of them are the same with one being endless mode I guess. Quite a lot of map, 8 or 12 I forgot. You have lab, outdoor, indoor, sewer and stuff. You do the same exact thing throughout the missions, just shoot the samey type of enemies. I personally prefer AS way way way more than Brookhaven, but Brookhaven was a great fun at launch for a shooting game. I'd say wait for a sale.
The Pro update is among the worst on PSVR, maybe sitting beside DriveClub VR and Battlezone. These are the games that I couldn't tell the differences AT ALL. Tracking is a mixed bag, not the best, not the worst.

grendelrt

Oh yea, it's pitch black, can't see shit at all. Did they somehow patched it darker or am I just getting used to AS(?) But just like the normal Move mode, I fully depend my aiming with where the flashlight is pointing. Still can't find that laser sight.

i think they did something, i dont remember having this issue with the moves :/

MattAces

i think they did something, i dont remember having this issue with the moves :/

Alright, I looked up some footage, I would say they definitely made it darker. Funny how literally everybody is saying the same exact thing. Even davestationVR mention something about "I don't remember it being this dark".

mattmanp

I've got:
Batman Arkham VR
Robinson The Journey
Until Dawn
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Polybius
Job Simulator

Statik
Gnog

Depends what genres you like but here are some I recommend adding:

I'd suggest Tethered with two move controllers. It's a very solid God game/strategy game.

I also play a ton of Battlezone, best replay value.

Waddle Home doesn't look like much but it's a solid 40 level puzzle game.

Ancient Amuletor has great art style and tracking and has a free DLC coming. I enjoy it but it does get a little repetitive playing as same character too many times.

Enjoy!

mattmanp

I don't remember timing of delays but wonder if last delay of update could have been in response to Arizona Sunshine to make sure this one is tight. Glad it's better, helps show it's not the tech.

I've got:
Batman Arkham VR
Robinson The Journey
Until Dawn
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Polybius
Job Simulator

Statik
Gnog

I don't really like horror/scare games, but I bought RE7 last week and got into it over the weekend.

Do it. It's incredible and pretty much the best VR experience I've had.

sonto340

I've got:
Batman Arkham VR
Robinson The Journey
Until Dawn
Rez Infinite
Superhypercube
Polybius
Job Simulator

Statik
Gnog

If you Want to show off VR to others Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is a classic at the get together I had before o got rid of my Gear VR.

I plan on picking up a PSVR this week and I'm looking forward to having it back in the rotation.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So my take on Brookhaven with the update: Does seem darker, but I unlocked flares and that takes care of that. Still hard, though.

In regards to the loss of your machete I've heard a lot of folks say there's nothing to do in melee range. I haven't seen it mentioned here but I suck at finding things so maybe I missed it but you can totally wave your rifle around like a club and kill shit all day long.

Prime Day deal:

PSVR + Free Camera + 3 Games* = $399.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071HBSP85/?tag=neogaf0e-20

* Prime Day Exclusive Offer
Prime Day Only: purchase this offer to receive a free camera and digital code redeemable for the following PSVR titles: Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, PSVR Mechanized Combat League, and PSVR Worlds.
Digital code will be delivered through an email to your Amazon Prime account after shipment is complete.
This offer is only valid for products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

Top Bottom