• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Synless

SW Michigan here, just got the ups notification that weather has delayed delivery.
NCYrE7J.gif
I had fear from this early on. You have my sympathies.

CyberChulo

Has anyone figured out how to output sound to their home theater? In DF's latest podcast John said you could do it and also set it for positional audio. The only option I have is to output to PSVR headphones and those are not even plugged into the headset.

MastAndo

I feel like being a chicken shit precludes me from about a quarter of these VR games, lol. RE Village does look pretty slick visually though.

Still waiting on my package, got the very vague "by 7PM" for tracking status. Whoever drives for UPS in my neighborhood seems to like not ringing the bell and just slapping a missed delivery notice on the door, so I'm on high alert.

XXL

I've heard a few people talk about NMS not being a great update in comparison to the rest, which is disappointing.

I will say, they released the PSVR 1 version and then improved it visually later on, hopefully that is the plan. I haven't played it myself, but again I've heard a few people mention this.

Just a heads up.

dorkimoe

Feel like I’m doing something wrong. How the hell do you wear this thing. Something is jamming into my forehead

LostDonkey

Feel like I’m doing something wrong. How the hell do you wear this thing. Something is jamming into my forehead

That's how it felt for me at first. Push the button on top of the visor and extend that out first before you adjust the headband. Once you get the headband position nice and snug I found that you can then move the visor close to your eyes and it's not pressing too hard on your face.

saintjules

Gold Member
So mine arrived a little while ago despite the instructions I provided. UPS didn't ask for signature either it seems.

Glad I caught the delivery on the Ring Doorbell, so went home to put it in the House.

dorkimoe

That's how it felt for me at first. Push the button on top of the visor and extend that out first before you adjust the headband. Once you get the headband position nice and snug I found that you can then move the visor close to your eyes and it's not pressing too hard on your face.
Yeah this was it! I did the tutorial and it helped. God lol that was annoying!

Thanks!

Now I’m running into an issue. I’m trying to just sit down and play office sim but it’s saying not enough room it has to be 6x7? But if it’s letting me sit why does that matter? Or do I have to make more room and sit in the middle on the floor lol.

Holy shit though. The AR stuff is so awesome

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Was really hoping for an early-ish delivery today, so I could go get some food... guess not. People have me nervous about this signature thing even though we're getting others posting it wasn't required.

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm coming from the OG PSVR, and this feels light years ahead. Those complaining about mura on this should have seen the shit on the OG.

Just played a little intro of Horizon and this is legit. The eye tracking went a bit weird in game but it was fine in the OS so need to play a bit more. Have a scheduled playdate with the boys tonight so won't be able to test more until tomorrow.

First impressions are double thumbs up and a messy wankflannel.

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Was really hoping for an early-ish delivery today, so I could go get some food... guess not. People have me nervous about this signature thing even though we're getting others posting it wasn't required.

Yeah, UPS just dropped mine off without requiring it. I have a feeling it's either laziness or Sony just placed the message as a generic comment in their email.

Edit: Just to add, Sony could be shooting themselves in the foot by writing that in their email. Now people could legit claim they never got the hardware when they did.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Read in the chat on underground stream, posted by badrobo (trusted) that NMS is a little rough around the edges (literally) confirmed not to use foveated rendering. Says it's still huge improvement over last VR version.

As day one ends, I'm a happy man. GT7 is flawless, RE Village has a new breath of life, and everyone in my family suddenly digs kayaking.

The game that gave me chills was none of those however. It was a game from 2001: fucking Rez.

Sega dropped that synaesthesia trip on PS2 & Dreamcast 20+ years ago and today it has finally become what it somehow always was. It's the same game, but with Type-4 (eye-tracked) aiming turned on, it's like you're controlling it with your fucking mind. It's as if the technology has just caught up to what Rez always wanted to be.

Yep, REZ has finally reached its final form. The definitive way to play.

drezz

I'm so glad that Blessing from Kinda Funny took down his PSVR2 review. GOOD! It's for the best. Dude lost his mind on that one.
Good

Got really annoyed as they fumble their phones up too look up if the controllers have Adaptive triggers... It's in every single trailer for the headset!!! How could you not have watch a single one? And cemented Sony going all in on the triggers and haptic feedback?
Didnt do their "Due diligence" on the damn thing and I dont know why they didnt...
And then it kept piling on with more and more bad takes.
Maybe their "takes" were an atempt too attract clicks or what not... I dont know.
Damaged my enjoyment of their typical content.

I'd guess he took it down cause of the hate he is reciving, hopefully noe one is harrasing him and/or they cause of it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Good

Got really annoyed as they fumble their phones up too look up if the controllers have Adaptive triggers... It's in every single trailer for the headset!!! How could you not have watch a single one? And cemented Sony going all in on the triggers and haptic feedback?
Didnt do their "Due diligence" on the damn thing and I dont know why they didnt...
Maybe their "takes" were an atempt too attract clicks or what not... I dont know.

I'd guess he took it down cause of the hate he is reciving, hopefully noe one is harrasing him and/or they cause of it.

Oh no......they 100% harassed him lol. Usually, I hate that kind of stuff, but this time........yeah, I didn't feel bad for the harassment. Only because he and the others at Kinda Funny seem as if they are being paid to make the worse PSVR2 on Youtube.

There are a few publications that have just confused me this time around when it comes to this hardware launch. It's usually never this bad.

Mr.ODST

Ok so Ive tried ...

Pavlov - Love my MP shooters and tried it on Oculus Quest 2 and PCVR, it looks really really good on PSVR2, tracking works great and was a really fun time driving around in WW2

No Mans Sky - My friends started this a few weeks ago so decided to jump in on VR and WOW! it really changes your perspectives etc :O was amazing flying around in a ship and observing everything with planets and the wilderness around you

Rob_27

So nobody is playing the smaller games like Demeo or Garden of the Sea?
I would like an impression of those.
Played Demeo tutorial. Never played anything like this before. Zoom in rotate the board nice detail. Looking forward to playing more.

Last edited:

schaft0620

So nobody is playing the smaller games like Demeo or Garden of the Sea?
I would like an impression of those.

I have about 15 games and impressions are going to be tricking out through the next 5 days or so.

lordsofgaming.net and @37gene37 is my twitter. I will also be on the Dual Shock and Sense Podcast on Saturday around 10AM ET (Maybe 11 AM ET? Not sure).

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Ok for those who used to get motion sickness. How many times did it take before you were good? I did the Star Wars demo and it’s pretty incredible. But the second I turned free mode on to walk around I almost fell over lol and it made me super dizzy.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Ok for those who used to get motion sickness. How many times did it take before you were good? I did the Star Wars demo and it’s pretty incredible. But the second I turned free mode on to walk around I almost fell over lol and it made me super dizzy.
A few weeks maybe? I don't remember.

There's a few things you can do to help:
-Chew ginger gum or eat some ginger candy
-Have a fan blowing in front of you
-Use in game settings like blinders/vignette

Once you feel any nausea building up at all, STOP. DO NOT try to keep playing. Take a break and come back later.

dorkimoe

A few weeks maybe? I don't remember.

There's a few things you can do to help:
-Chew ginger gum or eat some ginger candy
-Have a fan blowing in front of you
-Use in game settings like blinders/vignette

Once you feel any nausea building up at all, STOP. DO NOT try to keep playing. Take a break and come back later.
Appreciate it. As long as eventually lets me play full games without it?

Woof that was rough. Almost instantly.

Urban

Hmm something is not right.

I tried to pre order it back when its revealed. Never got a Email or any confirmation that it went through. Even on my Payments and buylist its not listed but somehow...
..today the 600€ for the headset got booked from my Bankaccount.

I still got no Email lol.
Ill guess i try to contact the Customer Service tomorrow

drezz

this one?:

Still up by the looks of it. It should go down though. It's pathetic

641 likes
601 dislikes

Should be way more dislikes imo.

Oh no......they 100% harassed him lol. Usually, I hate that kind of stuff, but this time........yeah, I didn't feel bad for the harassment. Only because he and the others at Kinda Funny seem as if they are being paid to make the worse PSVR2 on Youtube.

There are a few publications that have just confused me this time around when it comes to this hardware launch. It's usually never this bad.
My hype level has always been high, but everytime they started too talk about PSVR2 in general, they tanked my hype in a bad way.

"We are fan's of VR but also Critical of VR"
"Buy a Quest 2 instead"

Get out of heeeeeere!

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Good

Pretty embarrassing for supposed journalists

Don’t support their patreon, please

Crayon

Don't be stubborn with the free turn. Try the snap turn. set it to a big turn. I don't get motion sickness easily but there are games where the smooth turn gets me. And in almost all games, the smooth turn gives me eyestrain. Even on psvr1 where you could only operate in a <180 degree arc in front of you, I tended to use snap turn in large increments and just pan with my head and body. Now you can turn all the way around so it will be mmuch better.

Snap turn makes more sense to me anyway. Unpopular opion alert: so does teleporting.

Top Bottom