• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

MastAndo

In GT7 is there no other views? Is it always in cockpit mode? I know on PC VR Racing games you can toggle between a lot of different views. Also is there no adjusting the distance in the current cockpit view? I noticed with some cars you sit kind of far back and am hoping you can adjust this.
It seems to be strictly cockpit view...or at least the change camera button does nothing, and I haven't found anything indicating otherwise.

Also, you can adjust your seating position by holding down the Options button. It resets your view depending on your head location. I don't think this worked while in a race for me, but it did in the VR Showroom and carried over.

Crayon

Great game announcements. Four of them are getting well out of the mobile ghetto so I hope that trand keeps up. The three shooters looked like they were converging by virtue of chasing alyx, but hey. This is better than we've seen for vr in a long time.

Justin9mm

I must be one very lucky dude! I ended up getting my PSVR2 for free!

I pre-ordered from a major chain in November and cancelled and got my refund after thinking it's too expensive and will get one later down the road when cheaper. Fast forward to last Tuesday the day before launch, I received a pickup notification. Went down there and sure enough one was allocated for me anyway with my name on it matching my order number, I signed for it and walked out. It's been a few days and no one has contacted me. It's a very major chain that makes 100s of millions profit a year so my guess is they will pick up the error later during some sort of stocktake/audit and probably write it off as lost stock.

Last edited:
What's the online community like for Demeo...is it just kids screaming into their mics or a more mature bunch reliving their D&D days? I'd like to get it but with no friends who have a PSVR2 it seems pointless.

Crayon

MOTION SICKNESS SUFFERERS

Try some dramamine.

6512a5675ecab16d92a94952518303f3_large.png

- People take this all the time for air/train/ferry commuting
- You don't have to take it forever. It will let you play for hours without getting sick and....
- .... You don't get your legs by pushing through nausia. You get them by spending more time in comfort.

Seriously, consider it.

Elios83

I've just setup the system and tried it with Kayak and Moss and it's really cool.
But I'm having issues with GT7 and Resident Evil Village, basically games that are not native VR but were updated.
When I launch these games they're launched in cinema mode and using the VR controllers I can't do much.
Should I enable/disable something in these games?

Last edited:
I've just setup the system and tried it with Kayak and Moss and it's really cool.
But I'm having issues with GT7 and Resident Evil Village, basically games that are not native VR but were updated.
When I launch these games they're launched in cinema mode and using the VR controllers I can't do much.
sounds like you need updates.

Imtjnotu

quick questions

tried playing today but for some reason everything seemed out of focus.

i readjusted the visibility and had my eyes in the center but every game i played seemed blurry and unfocused.

anyone else

R6Rider

Gold Member
Oh yes the other day both games were updated and I thought these updates included VR support instead now I'm seeing there is a specific patch for RE Village.
But I can't find the GT7 one?
GT7 is flat until you go into a showroom or start driving a car. Latest version of GT7 is 1.29.

quick questions

i readjusted the visibility and had my eyes in the center but every game i played seemed blurry and unfocused.

anyone else
I would try adjusting the headset some more. Could also wipe of the lenses (with a microfiber cloth).

Should also be stated that you should not expect crystal clear sharpness as if looking at a 4k tv.

Last edited:

Crayon

quick questions

anyone else

That alignment guy thing is really helpful, but you'll still have to do a little wiggling here and there to get it just right.

Elios83

GT7 is flat until you go into a showroom or start driving a car. Latest version of GT is 1.29.
The problem is that using the VR controllers in GT7 it doesn't seem to be taking any inputs.
I only see the game in cinema mode and I can't even skip the intro, I have to use a Dualsense but I don't think that's how supposed to work or does GT7 support only the Dualsense in VR?!

Last edited:

Hunnybun

If Sony doesn’t announce more games/content that I am interested in for the PS VR2 today I might just return it because I don’t see myself using it enough to justify owning it right now.

But I will say if your interested in VR gaming this headset has so much potential. Quick Impressions for anyone that’s interested:

1. GT7 is great and easily the best game I’ve played in VR and I am not a big fan of driving games. The game is beautiful, runs very smooth. This and Kayak VR were the only games that didn’t make me feel nausea after an hour of playing for some reason.
  2. Call of the mountain – Beautiful graphics but I found the game to be boring and just not interesting. I don’t recommend paying full price for this game but it is a good showcase of what the PS VR 2 can do.
  3. RE8 – I had the most motion sickness from this game compared to the other games I played. While the VR experience is top notch for this game, I prefer playing this type of game without VR. It just felt very uncomfortable playing in VR for me because of the quick responses it requires and I didn’t like the control scheme. I’m sure with some twerks to the settings it could be a better experience but I just couldn't see myself playing this type of game from start to finish in VR.
  4. Kayak VR: Mirage – This was my second favorite game for the PSV2. Its very chill, the graphics are photo realistic and the controls/gameplay are really smooth in VR. It’s a good pick-up for $15-$20 that it is right now on PSN.

PSVR 2 Headset impressions:

The setup is quick and easy, even though you have to connect one cord to the PS5 you never notice the cord while playing. My biggest issue with the headset was the front of headband part, no matter how much I adjusted the headset, the front part of the headband would consistently hurt after about 30 mins of playing. They might need to add foam or a better cushion to reduce this problem, idk if anyone else had issues with this.

Long story story: If your already 100% sold on gaming in VR this is a easy pick up. If you’re into driving games, GT7 alone makes owning a PS VR2 worth it but if your on the fence or remotely hesitate I wouldn’t recommend picking this up right now because there just isn't enough content and games that will satisfy your concerns for buying this now.

I've also found it a bit painful on my forehead tbh.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it now. I'm a bit gutted because I've been so excited to try it, but I'm starting to think that a big part of of that was just happy memories from the novelty of trying VR back when the first one came out. I'd really rather just be playing beautiful next gen games on my 65" OLED...

Anyway, glad I tried it. I'll try to play through Horizon this weekend, to give it a final chance to convince me.

R6Rider

Gold Member
The problem is that using the VR controllers in GT7 it doesn't seem to be taking any inputs.
I only see the game in cinema mode and I can't even skip the intro, I have to use a Dualsense but I don't think that's how supposed to work or does GT7 supports only the Dualsense in VR?!
The Sense controllers don't work with GT7. You use the DualSense or a racing wheel.

Also, for the intro: Once into the menu go into settings and change to so it doesn't play every time.

XXL

No Mans Sky update is disappointing. Its much better than the PSVR 1, but no where near where it should be.

Elios83

The Sense controllers don't work with GT7. You use the DualSense or a racing wheel.

Also, for the intro: Once into the menu go into settings and change to so it doesn't play every time.
Thank you! (y)😃
I thought it was supposed to support the VR controllers and I was going crazy thinking I had some controller issues 🤣
And I didn't notice that in RE Village the VR mode is in an external patch.

Hopefully this info can help other people as well.

R6Rider

Gold Member
No Mans Sky update is disappointing. Its much better than the PSVR 1, but no where near where it should be.
That's what I'm hearing. That's a shame, but hopefully they can get it patched quickly.

I heard the same thing about Zenith.

kingwingin

Did you do the eye adjustment thing in the VR Startup process? I thought I did it properly, but I was also experiencing some 'cross-eyed' weirdness with close-up objects, so I did the adjustment again and now it's perfect.
I went in tried to re adjust. Turns out my eyes are crooked. Can’t get that shit to line up.

Oh well, still fun even if one eye is blurrier than the other

SilentUser

Is demeo a good one for us motion sick people?
I played for a little over 2 hours last night and no problem at all. You don't need to more around all the time, so I guess just by default a lot of people wont feel motion sickness. Going to play again today with friends, had such a blast yesterday!

Sleepwalker

GT7 is flat until you get into a car or the showroom as said here before.

For Village you need to manually go to the store and download the VR mode add on, its around 750mb, otherwise it will not play in VR.

sachos

For people that have tried it, how is the HDR? The only reviewer i hear talk about HDR was John from DF. It seems that it is almost at the point you have to squint your eyes if you look at something bright? If thats true then thats sick and a big leap i think reviewers sleep on that feature.

XXL

so... what game is everyone recommending to buy/try out for this?

I can say that the Kayak game is unironically nice af to play
Pistol Whip is amazing.

Rez is really cool, aiming with your eyes feels really good.

I just started messing around with Pavlov, it's very impressive. The guns are very realistic. I just started it but it definitely has a ton of potential.

DaveinAmaze

Neo Member
So what are some of the best looking GT7 courses to demo VR to ppl? And are all courses unlocked from the beginning or do you unlock them as you play?

Also what's the best way to go about unlocking cars? Just play through the cafe mode challenges?

Minsc

Gold Member
For people that have tried it, how is the HDR? The only reviewer i hear talk about HDR was John from DF. It seems that it is almost at the point you have to squint your eyes if you look at something bright? If thats true then thats sick and a big leap i think reviewers sleep on that feature.

The setup throws a pitch black screen at you during the eye calibration then goes to pure white pretty quick, it was actually a bit painful, like looking at the sun. I didn't get the same effect in Horizon, but the colors really jump out, and in GT7 it stands out similar in HDR like it does on my TV, the white are really really white.

XXL

What's wrong with nms? I haven't tried yet. Bad graphics or bad implentation otherwise?
Amazing implementation, it feels great. It just isn't as clear as it should be, I personally would hold off on buying it until if it gets updated (or if it gets updated).

It's better than the PSVR 1 version for sure, but not where it needs to be in comparison to everything else I've played.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Pistol Whip is amazing.

Rez is really cool, aiming with your eyes feels really good.

I just started messing around with Pavlov, it's very impressive. The guns are very realistic. I just started it but it definitely has a ton of potential.
Pavlov is great. Dump those guns and run around with a nade with the pin pulled out and get ready for the lulz.

Crayon

Amazing implementation, it feels great. It just isn't as clear as it should be, I personally would hold off on buying it until if it gets updated (or if it gets updated).

It's better than the PSVR 1 version for sure, but not where it needs to be in comparison to everything else I've played.

I already have it and I loved it on PS VR one. I guess I'll have to take a look at it myself. They do such a great job updating stuff that if it is kind of blurry I have decent hope of them fixing it.

saintjules

Gold Member
Yea I had an issue with my Rayban Wayfarers so I changed them to the default glasses I got for free with my insurance that are smaller but I could see more rim since they were more square, so I went back to my Raybans, cleaned them good along with the lenses and found the sweet spot. Best way is to avoid touching your glasses at all while putting the headset on, make sure the front piece if at maximum length, then tighten the headset where it's comfortable and then adjust the front part until the light gets cut off. Don't push them all the way in or else the glasses will touch the lenses and thats no bueno.

Thanks for that. I actually went ahead and bought the prescription lenses. About $60, but seems to be worth the investment.

Darko

I never played it on psvr but it’s a bit blurry…

Still amazing to me though

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Tried Horizon earlier today. God, this made me realize just how few big budget triple-A VR games we really have. I seriously hope that Sony will keep putting games like these out because this is probably the smoothest controlling and polished VR game I've played so far, and the graphics are just stunning. I don't even care all that much about the Horizon series but I already know that I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this because of the attention to detail when it comes to interactivity and controls. So many VR games just don't get how important it is to have actual collisions between the environment and your avatar's body/arms, and you either clip through the textures or the depth perception goes out of whack. I'm glad to be playing another game after Half-Life Alyx that nails this aspect down.

FprSRocWAAIQTq0

anigif_sub-buzz-2862-1671158305-25.gif

kingwingin

Cinematic mode is pretty deadly. I have a 75” tv and am blown away on how big of a virtual screen it can produce. Feels like I have a projector set up.

I really hope Sony releases a ps5pro or a slim model soon so I can have a dedicated VR space in the spare room

XXL

I never played it on psvr but it’s a bit blurry…

Still amazing to me though
Agreed. It's just SHOULD look better. It's definitely not unplayable by any means though. I expect them to update it, I have a ton to play so I'll just wait and see.

Top Bottom