• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Robin64

The worst part of all this is that because I'm playing it so much, my poor iPhone's battery is going down way faster than it normally does. :(

weird. it does seem sometimes you don't get a bonus...

And I get how you can take long breaks from this game.

Each airport still stocks up on jobs when you are away.

Is there a limit to how much jobs each place can stock up?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
weird. it does seem sometimes you don't get a bonus...

And I get how you can take long breaks from this game.

Each airport still stocks up on jobs when you are away.

Is there a limit to how much jobs each place can stock up?
It doesn't stock, it changes the jobs available at the airport. It's like a shuffle.

Fuu

M5yS5.png

This was funny to me because there's a Foxconn factory in Manaus and there were actually some leaks after they started assembling iPhones in the country. Lol.

iCloud saves don't seem to be working for me. I have the iPad and iPhone and my iPad save doesn't seem to want to transfer over to my iPhone. I've got iCloud enabled on both devices and I backed up my iPad and tried to sync my iPhone with no luck :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
God this is like crack. SO fun. I need more money, though. I'm trying to expand outwards so I have longer flights to make more money with, but it takes money to make money.

To make sure I'm doing this right, the first aid delivery to Calgary is the event, correct?

If the job is blue, it's the event.

Also, just saw this on SA and it's something to be aware of later on:

There are three classes of planes. Class 1 planes are small, can only carry up to at most (at the best plane which is the Kangaroo) 4 units, fly short distances slowly, and can land in any city. Class 2 planes are medium planes, can carry up to 6 units, fly much longer distances and faster and can ONLY LAND AT BLUE OR RED DOT CITIES. Class 3 planes are large planes, can carry up to 20+ units, fly huge distances, and at fast speeds, and can ONLY LAND AT RED DOT CITIES.

Any delivery or passenger flight to Calgary is the event. When taking jobs, if the text is in blue, it means it's part of an event going on.

It's only the main event that's blue, all the other events just look like normal jobs. The target for Pirate Party is 1,000 people which there's no chance of hitting now. Presumably though as you start getting bigger planes and airports, 1,000 things is basically nothing for a 24hour period.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OMG POCKET PLANES SO PUMPED GOTY!!!! FREAKOUT

... but there's kind of a major geography error. The island I live on, which is the 15th largest in the world, is not included on their map. Where it's supposed to be, there's just water. Every island larger than mine is visible, and many islands quite a bit smaller. Many islands with a lower population as well. Also, the mainland Canada part of my province is visible and has an airport.

I made a feedback request to Nimblebit about the issue:
https://getsatisfaction.com/nimblebit/topics/pocket_planes_geography_issue_major_missing_island

They seem to have a "like" system on feedback suggestions, so I'd really appreciate anyone taking the time to click and "like" the suggestion.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
OMG POCKET PLANES SO PUMPED GOTY!!!! FREAKOUT

... but there's kind of a major geography error. The island I live on, which is the 15th largest in the world, is not included on their map. Where it's supposed to be, there's just water. Every island larger than mine is visible, and many islands quite a bit smaller. Many islands with a lower population as well. Also, the mainland Canada part of my province is visible and has an airport.

I made a feedback request to Nimblebit about the issue:
https://getsatisfaction.com/nimblebit/topics/pocket_planes_geography_issue_major_missing_island

They seem to have a "like" system on feedback suggestions, so I'd really appreciate anyone taking the time to click and "like" the suggestion.

I similarly was disappointed to see them choose Belfast over Dublin for their one Irish airport.

No offense to any Belfast people :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I similarly was disappointed to see them choose Belfast over Dublin for their one Irish airport.

No offense to any Belfast people :p

A bunch of the airport choices are a little weird, but at least those have gameplay balance reasons. Just not including an island feels like a fart in my face.

Fuck...

I think... yeah, I think the old 'change the iphone/ipad clock' cheat works for this like it did for Tiny Tower.

:/

can't tell if the event thing syncs over though.

oh playing around with the clock a bit.

From what I can tell, fucking around with the clock WONT allow you to cheese the event.

You probably can grind the shit out of the game though and reach max lvl in a few hrs of dedication though...

DagsJT

I've decided to work through my airports and close down any with less than a population of 1m people and try to spread the airports out more instead of a bunch close together.

Also started scrapping planes with 1 capacity and trying to upgrade to bigger capacity planes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

From what I can tell, fucking around with the clock WONT allow you to cheese the event.

You probably can grind the shit out of the game though and reach max lvl in a few hrs of dedication though...

What's the "max level"?

It's only the main event that's blue, all the other events just look like normal jobs. The target for Pirate Party is 1,000 people which there's no chance of hitting now. Presumably though as you start getting bigger planes and airports, 1,000 things is basically nothing for a 24hour period.

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to. If it's blue, it's event related.

Evlar

Banned
Any good way to measure how far your planes will go? I know it gives a number in miles on the plane inspection window, and it shows a circle on the map when you're selecting routes, but is there a way to tell when deciding whether to buy a certain city that your planes can get there?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I was sad to wake up and not see a bunch of coins in my bank. Not like Tiny Tower at all, haha

But holy crap we're #1

Any good way to measure how far your planes will go? I know it gives a number in miles on the plane inspection window, and it shows a circle on the map when you're selecting routes, but is there a way to tell when deciding whether to buy a certain city that your planes can get there?

no "certain" way....just pick close cities and expand.

Meier

Started playing last night, having fun with it but this is definitely more of a slow burn than either Tiny Tower or Pocket Frogs (not necessarily a bad thing). GAFAIR in first place, baby!

Does anyone know what the blue dots versus black mean? I haven't seen a tangible benefit yet. I'm a bit surprised there aren't missions such as deliver 50 passengers to Berlin, etc. I guess those will come later.

Fuu

Seems like there's always one event at the bottom of the list that only lasts a few minutes, I wish there was a way to know if non-main events count to the overall score of the crew.

Good thing if you really can't cheat in the event. Means that advancing the clock here is the same as Tiny Tower, like cheating to win in Monopoly while playing by yourself.

Also, just saw this on SA and it's something to be aware of later on:
Sounds like something that shakes the management a bit (although I reckon it takes a while to be able to buy those and there'll be enough blue and red airports by then).

"Liked" it, hope they make it in an update.

DagsJT

Are people leaving their planes on the runway whilst waiting for more passengers wanting the same destination? Or just ferrying off whoever's waiting?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why doesnt icloud work for me?

I cant play the same session on both of my device?

How do I get this to work?

Top Bottom