• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I have document syncing enabled on both devices. Still nothing on the iphone.

Arggh.

So it does seem the event thing registers 'cheated event things'... wonder how long before other people realize this. It probably will be pretty obvious in the leaderboards =/

DagsJT

Had 100% battery on my iPad at 7am. Been running Pocket Planes since, for 7.5 hours, and down to 26%. Not too bad a hit on the battery considering.

Row

Banned
couldn't everybody just jump ship to the winning group in the last few hours or so to get in on the prize?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have document syncing enabled on both devices. Still nothing on the iphone.

Arggh.
Sounds like the iCloud implementation has some bugs, Ian and David have been responding to people on twitter about that and the random crashing/resets, they said they are looking into it so I expect an update with fixes soon.

ksimm

My first stormtrooper! :]

rJpVi.jpg

Edit: He also has terrible jokes...

zWsD8.jpg

Swig_

Is this one as pointless as Tiny Tower? I was addicted to Tiny Tower, but hated myself for it because it was such a pointless game. I'd love for something similar that gave me some kind of feeling of accomplishment.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Is this one as pointless as Tiny Tower? I was addicted to Tiny Tower, but hated myself for it because it was such a pointless game.
Totally depends of your definition of what makes a game not pointless. For what it's worth, this one has a more hands-on approach and doesn't "play itself" as much as Tiny Tower.

colinp

Banned
One of my bitizens named 'George ? (can't remember last name!)' said 'These pretzels are making me thirsty.'

I lol'd.

few bits of info ive learned while playing....

• youre never stuck in an airport. even if there are no jobs, you can fly to another airport of your choice(at a loss of course). In some cases its better to wait, other times flying to the nearest airport guarantees less downtime/more profit.
  • building airplanes is cheaper than buying the plane outright.
  • Plane codes: C-Cargo, P-People, M-Mixed
  • Colors of each city have meaning: Black- Small city/less jobs, Blue - Medium city/moderate jobs. Red - Large city/most jobs.
  • built a new airpot that is out of range from the farthest city? pick a city in between to extend the range of your flight. you will lose a few bux for it, but once you pick the final destination youll be able to see a profit.
  • events will re-occur and we are all individually tasked to do each 1000 times. this seems more like a longevity thing than a reward but maybe nimblebit will elaborate more on it in the future.+
  • during flights, coins (1 and 10 value) and bux fly by. tap them.
  • loading multiple people going to the same place gives a bonus. take advantage.

InertiaXr

I downloaded this and started on the Southwest US, what is better to do first, unlock more cities or use the cash and get new planes?

Row

Banned
Is this one as pointless as Tiny Tower? I was addicted to Tiny Tower, but hated myself for it because it was such a pointless game. I'd love for something similar that gave me some kind of feeling of accomplishment.

unlike tt this one actually plays like a game

Row

Banned
I downloaded this and started on the Southwest US, what is better to do first, unlock more cities or use the cash and get new planes?

more airports doesn't help if you have a small fleet, so I think it's smart to try and focus on more planes initially

avcables

Banned
Diptic.jpeg

It's getting dicey...

More deliveries! I'm seeming to get more cash in the air on flights to and from the Global Event, too. I've caught around 10 pieces in the last hour.

Meier

Up to level 5 now. Started in Europe with Berlin being my biggest airport.. expanded to Rome and Venice as well as Manchester (natch). Think I will expand east and try and connect to Japan.

DagsJT

Has anyone upgraded an airport yet? Just wondering if it'll increase amount of passengers or is the advertising the only way to increase people there.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Same here that is why I asked :O.

Do you have to do something to enable it ingame to say hey check and use this save game?

I have tried everything. Redownloading the app, restarting icloud, disabling app sync and reenabling. I don't know what else to do.

Tobor

I have tried everything. Redownloading the app, restarting icloud, disabling app sync and reenabling. I don't know what else to do.

You have the same apple id signed in to both, right? Just checking the obvious.

Not sure what else to tell you, its working correctly for me.

Top Bottom