• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

senador

Banned
Oh shit we are losing. Barely got Calgary last night before bed so hopefully I can help today.

Cheating is lame. Hope that doesn't happen much.

avcables

Banned
Protip: If you didn't start close to Calgary, that's okay! Focus on being efficient in your region. There will more than likely be an event near you within a reasonable timeframe that you'll be able to contribute to.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Protip: If you didn't start close to Calgary, that's okay! Focus on being efficient in your region. There will more than likely be an event near you within a reasonable timeframe that you'll be able to contribute to.

Yeah.

I'm saving up to buy an airport at glasgow. Hopefully euro-gaf will be able to do good things when that event starts.

senador

Banned
Is it detectable? I really hope [if they're cheating] that they get punished for it...

It's got to be. They've got to be able to do something with time stamps and statuses and stuff. I don't care if people want to cheat themselves but at least get removed from the leader boards. The game is young though, hopefully we learn more and get quick updates.

Chopper

Hah, so SA went from #1 to 3?

It is TA it seems like
Are you sure? I've been browsing the forums, amd there is very little chatter. Although they just posted their review, so if they've namedropped their crew...

Is there a Gaf Air Twitter campaign? I know our lurkers will be pleased to help out. At least one was yesterday.

Meier

Shame you can't tell how many members a Flight Crew has. GAF is pretty big but much smaller than some other places -- especially its focused iOS contingent. Either way, we'll still get 50 bux which is nothing to sneeze at!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Are you sure? I've been browsing the forums, amd there is very little chatter. Although they just posted their review, so if they've namedropped their crew...

Is there a Gaf Air Twitter campaign? I know our lurkers will be pleased to help out. At least one was yesterday.

"Woohoo!!! Toucharcade crew is now no. 1. Lets keep it there guys!"

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm definitely not going to be cheating so if the events really are affected by messing with the clock then it isn't a challenge that's worth stressing over to me. Guess it will take a couple of days for us to know how it all works and how/if the other events relate to the main one.

Row

Banned
well there's no way we'll fall out of the top 10, so atleast 50bux is pretty much guaranteed, no big deal

will buy a nice plane or two

senador

Banned
We aren't that far behind, we can still do it.

Someone to through the Tiny Tower thread and PM addicts from there that haven't joined up yet for help. :p

protip, buy new airports slightly far away from your start position, my money income has improved a lot because of it instead of doing constant 5 minute flights in a loop.

Watching a plane I just had a huge coin +10 and 2 dollars back to back :D

chris121580

Damn. I started in Montreal and decided to buy the airport in calgary to help out with the event but my planes can't make it that far. Do I need to buy more airports along the way or can I upgrade my planes to travel that far?

mitheor

Damn. I started in Montreal and decided to buy the airport in calgary to help out with the event but my planes can't make it that far. Do I need to buy more airports along the way or can I upgrade my planes to travel that far?

Both. You can upgrade the range lvl of the planes.

senador

Banned

You can do both but building airports in between is more feasible early on I think.

Row

Banned

buy thunder bay and winnipeg asap

senador

Banned
Damn. Nearly 100 ahead of us now.

i don't think 5% speed is worth 3 bucks on starter planes with only 1-2 seats, but no idea if upgrading costs rise with bigger planes or not.

Hmm. I think I'll wait to do upgrades til more people experiment. I don't have any cash left anyway. Damn!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
man this icloud not working thing is bumming me out.

I tested another icloud based app to make sure its not me. That works fine. This doesn't work after multiple app installs.

I'm almost to the point where I just want to restart the whole game to get it to work.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm stuck on the east coast, so I can't help.

I like this game, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of it being in landscape. Like Tiny Towers, I check this app frequently, much like I'd check my email or texts, and I don't like that I have to use both hands to play. It'd be much nicer to keep it in portrait the whole time. Ah well.

Pastry

Banned
man this icloud not working thing is bumming me out.

I tested another icloud based app to make sure its not me. That works fine. This doesn't work after multiple app installs.

I'm almost to the point where I just want to restart the whole game to get it to work.

Yeah its not working for me either. I just downloaded the app on my iPad and it started me up at the tutorial. Deleted app and tried over several times and it still didn't work. I'm sure it'll be fixed in th next patch. Bummer for now.

avcables

Banned
Let's just say I had $40 in iTunes gift cards that were supposed to go to my employees last week.

My employees are now part of #GAFAir, if you catch my drift.

laika09

Funny bug(?): you need at least 1 more coin than the cost of a city to buy that city. Couldn't buy Nanping with exactly 15,500, had to go snag one more coin out of the air to buy it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took advantage of Best Buy's iTunes card sale. I may use the extra to buy some bux. DAMNIT.

On another note, I'm really enjoying the management aspect of this game. I'm actually excited to get larger planes to start doing longer and more profitable deliveries.

Top Bottom