• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's a lot more difficult to manage than you'd think. You have no way of tracking layovers efficiently. All my planes carry 4 things right now and worrying about managing layovers is a complete waste of time. Then again I have about 10 flights going at the same time right now.

How did you level up so fast? Did you purchase any bux?

I am thinking about investing 5 dollars in bucks but I feel wrong doing it.

Anyone else running iOS6 beta here? I don't know if this is exclusive to 6, or maybe it's in iOS5 too...

When I exit the game to the homescreen, I still hear the game sound for some reason. Anyone else getting this problem too?

laika09

It's a lot more difficult to manage than you'd think. You have no way of tracking layovers efficiently. All my planes carry 4 things right now and worrying about managing layovers is a complete waste of time. Then again I have about 10 flights going at the same time right now.

I just route all my layovers through the same hub when I get passengers with scattered destinations, then stack all the matching ones on the same flight later on. I don't know if it actually makes any more money than just doing multi-leg flights, but it seems like it. Once I can get higher bonuses it seems like it will definitely be worthwhile.

ksimm

Level 6 and flying from Berlin to the USA! :D

Anyone else running iOS6 beta here? I don't know if this is exclusive to 6, or maybe it's in iOS5 too...

When I exit the game to the homescreen, I still hear the game sound for some reason. Anyone else getting this problem too?
Nope, it fades out like IOS 5 for me.

Pastry

Banned
Level 6 and flying from Berlin to the USA! :D

You already have planes with that range?

I'm almost level 7 so I think I'm just going to give up on getting an Airvan and see if I can get the biggest plane that unlocks next level. And shiiitttt I missed a bux as I was typing this.

avcables

Banned
I just route all my layovers through the same hub when I get passengers with scattered destinations, then stack all the matching ones on the same flight later on. I don't know if it actually makes any more money than just doing multi-leg flights, but it seems like it. Once I can get higher bonuses it seems like it will definitely be worthwhile.

You can only have so many layovers at airports at once. When you can have 10 planes carrying 40 things it becomes really hard to manage.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, bullshit supreme, some nublet posted a link to a free gourmet pizza in my Bitbook but when I clicked on it, it was 404 File not Found. What gives? I want my pizza.

avcables

Banned
How did you level up so fast? Did you purchase any bux?

I am thinking about investing 5 dollars in bucks but I feel wrong doing it.

I invested $20 of my own money because I never invested in Tiny Tower and NimbleBit deserves all my cash. Plus I don't ever really spend money on the App Store so I didn't mind it. Also, I had $40 in iTunes Gift Cards from work that I literally will never buy anything with that I invested. I was able to get a boatload of gold and buy several airports. I used the Bux to buy a better fleet. I'm just barely caught up to Wario64, however.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Okay, bullshit supreme, some nublet posted a link to a free gourmet pizza in my Bitbook but when I clicked on it, it was 404 File not Found. What gives? I want my pizza.

I saw a bit.ly link in my BB. Almost want to create a bit.ly link with that same string in case it's not unique

ksimm

You already have planes with that range?

I'm almost level 7 so I think I'm just going to give up on getting an Airvan and see if I can get the biggest plane that unlocks next level. And shiiitttt I missed a bux as I was typing this.

Airvans <3

Routing via Belfast >> Reykjavik >> Nuuk >> Goose Bay >> Thunder Bay >> Calgary

I've been reading a fair bit about this game and I'm intrigued. Is it anything like AeroBiz on the old SNES? If so, I'm all over it. Loved that game so much!

Am I seeing things? Are my planes degrading in distance? I had a few that was just within the range of Calgary, and after a few hours, they're no longer reaching that distance...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Am I seeing things? Are my planes degrading in distance? I had a few that was just within the range of Calgary, and after a few hours, they're no longer reaching that distance...
If you carry more things i assume you cant go as far?

ksimm

Check the market for brand new ones of your plane, they shouldn't be... I don't think so anyway.

Evlar

Banned

Obvious spam is obvious. Now your control towers are infected by the Pizza virus.

Tobor

Nathan Burns is taking advantage of GAFAir!

66acfa7f.jpg

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

I saw a bit.ly link in my BB. Almost want to create a bit.ly link with that same string in case it's not unique
I saw the same bit.ly link (bit.ly/qer2nlksf) in three different BB posts, it takes nowhere since it has too many characters but it would be hilarious if it was possible to make a working one out of it.

ksimm

Gahhh I have to actually think about what I'm doing, now that I'm in the US. People want to fly all over the place (go figure), damn them!
Edit: So this is what layovers are for!

C-Drive

I'm part of the Georgia Fair, er #GAFAIR. Sucks though, because the game just crashed and I lost my progress from this morning.

Gahhh I have to actually think about what I'm doing, now that I'm in the US. People want to fly all over the place (go figure), damn them!
Edit: So this is what layovers are for!

What is the layover? Put multiple people/cargo on a plane with multiple stops, fly only to the first stop, drop off cargo/people then pick up more and continue?

I invested $20 of my own money because I never invested in Tiny Tower and NimbleBit deserves all my cash. Plus I don't ever really spend money on the App Store so I didn't mind it. Also, I had $40 in iTunes Gift Cards from work that I literally will never buy anything with that I invested. I was able to get a boatload of gold and buy several airports. I used the Bux to buy a better fleet. I'm just barely caught up to Wario64, however.

Yeah, they definitely deserve some support. I've spent $6 so far but will be dropping more soon.

ksimm

What devices do people have that are getting crashes? I haven't had a single one on my 4S.

Ipad 2 with IOS6 - no crashes here.

OVCTe.jpg

8zLUn.jpg

What is the layover? Put multiple people/cargo on a plane with multiple stops, fly only to the first stop, drop off cargo/people then pick up more and continue?

Yeh just dump them somewhere between where they want to go, then just pick them up with a plane that's capable of taking them the rest of the way.
e.g in my pic PL008 is capable of flying to Thunder Bay in the US, so get the smaller planes to transport them to Belfast ready for the big flight.

Fuu

What devices do people have that are getting crashes? I haven't had a single one on my 4S.
iPhone 4 here, I got some crashes yesterday but weirdly enough it has been very stable today and hasn't crashed even once. It only lags a little when I open it the first time if it has a lot of things to calculate + login to GC.

Evlar

Banned

No. Fly people/cargo to an airport that isn't their destination and drop them off, then fly them on to their final destination on a different plane. It allows you to use short-flight planes regionally and large, long-flight planes across big distances.

laika09

You can fly anywhere, not just where the cargo/people want to go. So for example, in my black color airports that have like 4 jobs, I'll take two random (not matched) ones and fly them to a big hub (red city) and drop them off ("unload").

Do this with several flights to the hub city, then on your flights out of that city, match up the passengers and fly straight to their destination for bigger bonuses.

Fuu

Layovers sound like they're more useful by mid-game, when you go fully international and have some of the class 2 and 3 planes that can only land on blue and red cities. That way you can drop people in the bigger airports and have the larger crafts taking them where they need to go.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Sounds like Nimblebit are already working on the first patch, hopefully it'll make the game more stable

No. Fly people/cargo to an airport that isn't their destination and drop them off, then fly them on to their final destination on a different plane. It allows you to use short-flight planes regionally and large, long-flight planes across big distances.

You can fly anywhere, not just where the cargo/people want to go. So for example, in my black color airports that have like 4 jobs, I'll take two random (not matched) ones and fly them to a big hub (red city) and drop them off ("unload").

Do this with several flights to the hub city, then on your flights out of that city, match up the passengers and fly straight to their destination for bigger bonuses.

Thanks. I started in Europe and for the most part I can be 100% efficient with my planes at the moment. I guess as I spread out and get bigger cities that will be more necessary.

laika09

Layovers sound like they're more useful by mid-game, when you go fully international and have some of the class 2 and 3 planes that can only land on blue and red cities. That way you can drop people on the bigger airports and have the larger crafts taking them where they need to go.

I enjoy using them already (my biggest plane holds 4), just because the game is otherwise kind of brainless.

edit: Wow, cool, didn't know this game had weather!

uM1TM.png

Fuu

I enjoy using them already (my biggest plane holds 4), just because the game is otherwise kind of brainless.
Yeah, I'm trying to think my airport purchases better now, they're a bit too close to each other at the moment. I see myself using it when things get more spaced out.

trying my best to help out with Calgary guys! I started in the South West so when I do get up there it takes 10+ mins sometimes so its a slow process.

Fuu

I'm still getting notifications even after turning them off lol
Are you leaving anything turned on in the notifications settings? Yesterday when I went to bed I turned everything off for Pocket Planes and it stopped (Notification Center - off; Alter style - None; Badge App Icon - off; Sounds - off; View in Lock Screen - off).

Are you leaving anything turned on in the notifications settings? Yesterday when I went to bed I turned everything off for Pocket Planes and it stopped (Notification Center - off; Alter style - None; Badge App Icon - off; Sounds - off; View in Lock Screen - off).

Ah, that did it. Normally all I have to do is just switch the "Notification Center" option off and that does it.

Top Bottom