• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Heel

This game brings out some unhealthy behavior. Checking the market every so often for airplane parts, haha. The hooks are in.

Pretty addictive little game. Gives me memories of some old airline sim on SNES that I can't remember the name of.

Anyway, I'm helping GafAir with Calgary as much as I can.

laika09

How can I retire a plane? I want to replace a dinky one with one I have all the parts for, but it just tells me I'm out of slots.

chris121580

How can I retire a plane? I want to replace a dinky one with one I have all the parts for, but it just tells me I'm out of slots.

Wait til it has landed and then select it, use the button with the plane and magnifying glass, and move it to the hanger

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
QpDkC.png

This does not look safe.

MrBeggar

well it reset on me.. and many others i know. around level 7ish
so i'm guessing the game is bugged badly until they patch it?

DagsJT

How do you know if you're making any difference to a challenge? I'm shipping pirates over to Warsaw but not sure I'm actually getting any extra reward.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
well it reset on me.. and many others i know. around level 7ish
so i'm guessing the game is bugged badly until they patch it?

Happened to me last night as well. Not sure if I want to play TOO intensively as getting ANOTHER reset after spending $5 on this game will yield terrifying results.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
How do you know if you're making any difference to a challenge? I'm shipping pirates over to Warsaw but not sure I'm actually getting any extra reward.

It'll tell you how many you contributed in flight crew, it's updated like every 15 minutes or something though

DMG-01

Sorry GafAir, my save died and I probably won't contribute anymore until there's a patch out. For anyone wondering, I'm using an ipad2 on iOS 5.1.1.

DagsJT

It'll tell you how many you contributed in flight crew, it's updated like every 15 minutes or something though

It's only showing the global event though, not the Warsaw event which is also running.

I really need to sort my flights out. Far too many smaller flights and only making 150 coins or so.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I canned all my small planes and am rolling with 2-3 seaters only.

Those 1 spot planes were holding me back.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's only showing the global event though, not the Warsaw event which is also running.

I really need to sort my flights out. Far too many smaller flights and only making 150 coins or so.

Warsaw isn't the global event, it's Calgary

The Warsaw event isn't global, everyone has their own individual target for that. The only global one is Calgary.

DagsJT

That's what I'm trying to say. How do I know how I'm doing with regards to the Warsaw event? I can't see any indicator to say how many pirates I've transported etc.

Toki767

What do the different colored dots mean?
City density.

Red > Blue > Grey. Red gives more jobs, blue gives less, grey gives even less.

Class 1 planes can fly to Red/Blue/Grey cities
Class 2 planes can only fly to Red/Blue cities
Class 3 planes can only fly to Red cities.

That's what I'm trying to say. How do I know how I'm doing with regards to the Warsaw event? I can't see any indicator to say how many pirates I've transported etc.

click events, click check mark. youll see every event youve done and how close you are to the 1000 times you have to do each

HBP

NimbleDave from Nimblebit said on Twitter made a GAF account to participate in this thread but it's waiting activation... if anyone in the thread has the powers to help he may be able to contribute. (I am assuming no but you never know for sure)

Anyhow finally got Calgary unlocked so I can help out!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is it a better idea to expand to more places or fewer but more popular places? Trying to decide whether to buy an airport in Nanping which is cheap or just hold off for Taipei or something.

Also is everyone losing data at level 7? Should I stop playing ;_;

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I am pretty worried about the game deleting my progress. Especially after I spent some money to support NimbleBit. Is there any recourse if something like that does happen?

Level 7 is my next level... ruh roh.

NimbleDave from Nimblebit said on Twitter made a GAF account to participate in this thread but it's waiting activation... if anyone in the thread has the powers to help he may be able to contribute. (I am assuming no but you never know for sure)

Anyhow finally got Calgary unlocked so I can help out!

Yeah can an admin push the account through for the NimbleBit guys? At least we could talk to them about this in the thread.

Top Bottom