• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

centracore

For anyone having iCloud sync issues: I downloaded and started playing on my iPad last night, today I downloaded on my iPhone and it presented me with the tutorial so I completed and closed the game.. checked in with it about 5-10 minutes later and it had synced up with my original iPad game.

senador

Banned
I'm stuck on the east coast, so I can't help.

I like this game, but to be honest, I'm not a fan of it being in landscape. Like Tiny Towers, I check this app frequently, much like I'd check my email or texts, and I don't like that I have to use both hands to play. It'd be much nicer to keep it in portrait the whole time. Ah well.

I feel kind of the same but I don't hate it. I can play with my right hand onky fairly well. I do wish there was a portrait mode that showed less for fast checking or times when you need to be discreet.

man this icloud not working thing is bumming me out.

I tested another icloud based app to make sure its not me. That works fine. This doesn't work after multiple app installs.

I'm almost to the point where I just want to restart the whole game to get it to work.

Go to Settings>General>Usage>iCloud>Manage Storage. Is it showing up there?

Let's just say I had $40 in iTunes gift cards that were supposed to go to my employees last week.

My employees are now part of #GAFAir, if you catch my drift.

Bad boss.

InertiaXr

Did somebody in a earlier page say you need a minimum of deliveries to qualify for the group bonus thing? This Calgary event has 2+ days left so hopefully I can reach whatever the minimum limit is, 5-10 or so probably?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I feel kind of the same but I don't hate it. I can play with my right hand onky fairly well. I do wish there was a portrait mode that showed less for fast checking or times when you need to be discreet.

Go to Settings>General>Usage>iCloud>Manage Storage. Is it showing up there?

Bad boss.

Yup but my game won't use the save.

InertiaXr

24, not bad. I'm using basically all 5 of my planes right now flying back and forth from Caglary (I started in Southwest US) so my coin profit isn't all that good right now, but the 50-100 bux I will get from the event will buy me a couple new places....worth it early on.

Pastry

Banned
24, not bad. I'm using basically all 5 of my planes right now flying back and forth from Caglary (I started in Southwest US) so my coin profit isn't all that good right now, but the 50-100 bux I will get from the event will buy me a couple new places....worth it early on.

Yeah I need those bux bad :( I'm 7 away from an Airvan and very tempted to just spend $1 on 10 bux.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
photokeg9b.png

Take them hoes to SLC or the underwear.

Choices.

Meier

Yep. AFAIK, it only includes mission-related flights.

Bummer, guess I will have to curb my expansion plans in Europe and Asia and open a few airports in Canada then!

I am starting to try and use the layover system more effectively now. Pretty handy for getting bonuses!

Pastry

Banned
Bummer, guess I will have to curb my expansion plans in Europe and Asia and open a few airports in Canada then!

I am starting to try and use the layover system more effectively now. Pretty handy for getting bonuses!

Do explain please.

Tobor

How long does it take the leaderboard to update? It says I've only done 2 jobs, but I've done 6 or 7 already.

This game is so much better then tiny tower because it's not all about restocking floors, actually managing cargo and passengers then flying them in a certain route is so good when you nail it, plus you get a multiplier bonus on fairs if two or more people are flying to the same airport at the same time.

Started in euro, just bought manchester, going to route my way oversea to america before I buy many more cheaper airlines in the europe area.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Calgary, I'm coming to save you.

..this is better than Towers as it's more of an actual game.. but the elevator mini-game is/was more fun than watching the plane fly and clicking. At least with the elevator I wasn't just clicking the screen every few seconds in a random spot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think the bonus mechanic will start to shine when you can store 3+ items. When you have bux involved too, it will get exciting

Pastry

Banned
I really want a plane that can hold more with a decent mix of luggage and people.

Yeah I have the money to get an Airvan or ANAN but I'm waiting for a M to show up. I don't know if I want to bother with just cargo or just passengers right now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Putting this into practice seems mind-bogglingly confusing to me, for some reason. How are you going about this?

Right now im using thunder bay to split canada in half so anything that has to go past it goes there and then deplanes.

I agree its hard to remember. I just shuttle everything to a midpoint if it needs to go to another region then take it off the plane.

Pastry

Banned
Where are the planes i bought?

Once you buy a plane you have to select where the plane starts. If you select buy and then go straight to the menu without selecting an airport it won't actually buy the plane. I did this several times last night haha

no angel

Yeah I have the money to get an Airvan or ANAN but I'm waiting for a M to show up. I don't know if I want to bother with just cargo or just passengers right now.

It's slightly cheaper to build planes via parts instead of buying them outright, the parts refresh quickly so it's not much of a hardship.

Rekwest

Once you buy a plane you have to select where the plane starts. If you select buy and then go straight to the menu without selecting an airport it won't actually buy the plane. I did this several times last night haha
Thanks!

Nugg

I'm confused, what are the plane parts for? Can you upgrade your planes with them? Or do you build a new plane once you collect the right parts?

Meier

Well, I've expanded to Canada and bought an airport in Calgary and one in Bismarck. Now I just need the money to buy another plane slot.

Aptos

What do the colors of the city dots mean in the Map screen? I see ones that are greyed out, blue dots, black dots, and ones with numbers? What's up with that?

avcables

Banned
What do the colors of the city dots mean in the Map screen? I see ones that are greyed out, blue dots, black dots, and ones with numbers? What's up with that?

Colored dots on the cities specify which class of a city they are and directly correlate to which class planes can land there. I just hit level 10 and have access to Class 2 planes now. Class 1 planes can land anywhere, Class 2 planes can only land on blue or red dot cities, Class 3 can only land on red dot cities.

The numbers on the cities are how many grounded planes you have in that location.

avcables

Banned
The layover system seems like it will be awesome once I can fit more than 3 people on a plane.

It's a lot more difficult to manage than you'd think. You have no way of tracking layovers efficiently. All my planes carry 4 things right now and worrying about managing layovers is a complete waste of time. Then again I have about 10 flights going at the same time right now.

Top Bottom