• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Avi_Gl7CIAAG5u9.jpg

My entire fleet of 12 planes are now 3/4 seaters...

I'm jealous. I still have two two-seaters. :(

Australia is an AWFUL place to start this game -_-

I have, however, begun to expand into INTERNATIONAL TERRITORIES... New Zealand, lol.

Please, could someone answer this, I dont want to lose so much money.
Someone of you has ti have upgraded an airport an see the results :(
Does it compensate?, is there a lot more jobs for a blue one for example (is 46000 an upgrade)?
Would it be similar the number of jobs after the upgrade to a red airport?
46000 is a lot of coins and im not going to test it to be just a shitty upgrade and lose so much money.

I think there needs to be a notice when you are going to upgrade that tells you the exact increase, just like upgrading th planes.

Australia is an AWFUL place to start this game -_-

Yeah, basically. I wanted to start a South East Asian airline empire, but starting out in Australia, I realized that there's a real lack of big airports. So I started over, and went to Japan - liked it a lot better.

Fuck, this game is taking a bite out of my productivity....

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I switched strategies to closing down smaller airports and using two main hubs around a clump of airports. Currently its not working too well.

I should have stayed with my old strategy... yikes.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know what'd be cool? If the map showed how many layovers are occupied. Like, next to the population, instead of say 2.0 6L it would say 2.0 0/6L or sth, would help MASSIVELY when planning layovers/where to go... No?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You know what'd be cool? If the map showed how many layovers are occupied. Like, next to the population, instead of say 2.0 6L it would say 2.0 0/6L or sth, would help MASSIVELY when planning layovers/where to go... No?

Yeah, this has been suggested a few times. So it should be in the next patch, right? :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Class 2 planes really suck early on unless you have a ton of LVL 2+ cities. Starting Detroit/Montreal doesn't help either. :/

I think it would be cool if you could see what class of aircraft you are loading on the boarding screen. That way you can tell what destinations you can send your cargo to. It would also be neat to have an idea of where weather is and where it might be moving. That way you can plan to avoid destinations that might be closing soon. Finally, along those same lines I wish there was a way to divert a flight in air if the weather has closed down their destination after they have taken off.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, this has been suggested a few times. So it should be in the next patch, right? :)

Let's hope... Also, some way to measure distances would be good, on the map. I'm thinking of a feature where you can click a "measure" button, then 2 cities and it gives you the direct distance between the two. E.g. I want to know how far it is from boston/ny to europe, but i have no way of finding out without buying the cities, sending a plane there and then seeing what's within the range radius :(

Shady859

Let's hope... Also, some way to measure distances would be good, on the map. I'm thinking of a feature where you can click a "measure" button, then 2 cities and it gives you the direct distance between the two. E.g. I want to know how far it is from boston/ny to europe, but i have no way of finding out without buying the cities, sending a plane there and then seeing what's within the range radius :(

You have to get to Europe through northeast canada goose bay-> nuuk -> reykjavik -> Glascow/London. I found out the hard way...

I usually put a plane on my last airport act like i'm about to take off and use the airport select map to see how far I can reach, just keep in mind what plane and the new airports type.

With six hours left, I'm cutting my ties to Calgary. We're not going to get first and we're not falling out of the top ten. I'll use the cash to expand into South America, just in case the next event occurs there.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I totally botched my game by changing my strategy. Money is coming in slow.

Don't know what I was thinking. Argghhh. You live and you learn I guess.

Flunkie

Banned
Calgary sucks for jobs. Once you've made your flight there, I'm just sitting there waiting to fill up my plane(s).
Sure does. So everyone's bailing out, closing up shop at Calgary?? I imagine the bulk workhorses are probably jumping ship to TA to get their 5 jobs in for the 100 bucks by now.

Only the honorable stay. They should lock groups.

Calgary sucks for jobs. Once you've made your flight there, I'm just sitting there waiting to fill up my plane(s).

Yeah, I bought Spokane and Edmonton for return trips. I'd suggest selling Calgary off. Get rolling on your expansion so you can be prepared for the next event in six hours.

Sure does. So everyone's bailing out, closing up shop at Calgary?? I imagine the bulk workhorses are probably jumping ship to TA to get their 5 jobs in for the 100 bucks by now.

Yeah, I aint leaving. If the 50 bux were that important, I'd have bought some by now.

I'm waiting for the global event to end and then I will definitely close it down. I'm actually still debating how far I want my airline to reach.

Koodo

Banned

INDEED.

I'm holding onto my desolate Saskatoon-Calgary corridor until the event ends. I'll finish with 30+ jobs done. :3

I never thought of that...

o_O

Fuckers.

Orange and Grey 4 life

< -- OG

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was honestly tempted to bail out near the end to get the 100 bux (don't hate the playa), but I changed my mind. Not playing for this, and I have more fun being part of GAFAIR until the very end. Not like I'm in any sort of rush really, and like Tiny Tower this kind of game only makes sense to me if I play it on my terms of "honesty".

Still, hopefully the next events have a slightly different system. Maybe giving the same award to the top 5 like someone suggested earlier, that way people don't get so adamant on being only in the #1 crew.

Just bought New York. As soon as I get more coins I'm planning to close one or two black airports and buying the closest blue alternative, I can't deal with the low number of jobs in some of them anymore (or when it shuffles only to give me a ton of cargo jobs for my P-only plane or vice-versa. Lolz).

6Ksq0.jpg

Every night I've been going to bed at somewhere between 11-15 on the leaderboards and I wake up to be number 23 or something, haha.

So after the first event...there's really not much point in going up against the number one team in future events.

Hopefully Nimblebit has a way of changing things up.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm at #17 with 296. I'm still hitting Calgary. Somehow it keeps working out that my highest paid flights are to there.
That was the case for me for a while but they've been really ass to me in my last few sessions, sometimes having absolutely nothing to do with the route the other jobs provided. Still making trips there though, just got lucky and managed a full bonus on the way.

Top Bottom