• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

TP17

If you start in Europe do you always get Munich or if I delete and re-install will I have a change of getting London/Manchester to begin with?

Question for the devs.

Gonna be coming back to the states from china in august. Will all my airports be on fire or something when I 'legit' switch timezones?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's snowing in Vladivlostock. GET THE HELL OUTTA THERE.

I know the feeling I've got 2 people and 2 cargo waiting for Barcelona in Belfast stuck in a snowstorm.

Really digging this game. Slow day at work so I managed to empty my iPhone battery with this.

Mik2121

A question for you, eeenmachine:

Are the events being made randomly, or is that all based on actual human input?

If so, please bring something to Eastern or South Eastern Asia.. I have yet to get any event (not talking about the main event of course).

AleeN634

Just downloaded Pocket Planes this morning. It reminds me of Aerobiz and Air Bucks but a lot simpler. I joined gafair and am slowly building up capital. Are there any good beginner's guide posts?

Mithel

Neo Member
I've been delivering event items to Calgary, but when I click the white check mark under Events on the menu screen, nothing shows up. Is that normal?

So packed o_O. What are the average lengths of your flights?

Do you incorporate birchcrafts in your setup?
Anywhere from 3-10m. I've been using Winnipeg/ThunderBay/Minneapolis as the layover stops. It's been interesting.

No birchcrafts yet. I've been trying to rebalance all my class 1 flights to 3/4 seaters first...

Fourth is closing in on #GAFAir!!!

I am so far behind you guys, started investing in small airports up to level 6 or so. Or is it reasonable to be moving along so slowly. I have a fleet of 7 or so planes. Mostly getting used to attending the game every twenty minutes or so instead of every couple hours. Any tips?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any reason my son can't register a flight crew? Both of us have the game downloaded using my iTunes account (on two separate iPads), and we have separate game center accounts. I can register a flit crew, but his keeps saying 'flight crew details are unavailable at this time'

I downloaded it from iTunes, and his was pushed to his iPad as he has automatic downloads turned on, in case that makes any difference

I am so far behind you guys, started investing in small airports up to level 6 or so. Or is it reasonable to be moving along so slowly. I have a fleet of 7 or so planes. Mostly getting used to attending the game every twenty minutes or so instead of every couple hours. Any tips?
You were pretty much on the same path I was on. Make sure you have enough cities so that each flight is filled (even if it's a milk run flight), and empty unfilled flight is wasted money...

senador

Banned
Any reason my son can't register a flight crew? Both of us have the game downloaded using my iTunes account (on two separate iPads), and we have separate game center accounts. I can register a flit crew, but his keeps saying 'flight crew details are unavailable at this time'

I downloaded it from iTunes, and his was pushed to his iPad as he has automatic downloads turned on, in case that makes any difference

Using separate iCloud's though right?

Kill the app and try again?

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
A question for you, eeenmachine:

Are the events being made randomly, or is that all based on actual human input?

If so, please bring something to Eastern or South Eastern Asia.. I have yet to get any event (not talking about the main event of course).
They are initially random but we can do custom ones.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games

Sounds like temp server issues. I have heard there are issues going through a firewall though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Feel smug.

Blow 40 bux on a Birchcraft-P.

Realise not all planes can land at all airports.

Realise your new 40-bux aircraft is now out of range of any other airport.

:'(

So it's stuck in Lagos, til I open a Paris route at least.

VleJb.jpg

senador

Banned
Feel smug.

Blow 40 bux on a Birchcraft-P.

Realise not all planes can land at all airports.

Realise your new 40-bux aircraft is now out of range of any other airport.

:'(

So it's stuck in Lagos, til I open a Paris route at least.

LOL this pic made me laugh. Sad lonely Birchcraft.

calder

I'm transitioning away from the smaller cities and getting more Birchcrafts. I plan to keep LA, NY, Chicago, Toronto, Detroit, Seattle, Dallas and just got Honolulu, but once the event to Calgary is done I'm getting rid of it and Wpg (sorry hometown :( ) and the other small cities I have as pit stops for my shorter range planes. Then I can get rid off my remaining 5 Kangaroos and just do long trips.

Also it may not be the most efficient but I'm not getting any more Combo planes, it's only passenger or cargo from here on out. I just find it frustrating to have 4 ppl and 1 cargo for Honolulu but my plane can only take 2/2. I'd rather only see one type so at least I don't see stuff I can't take lol.

More jobs and layover spaces. Class doesn't change.

Does it compensate?, is there a lot more jobs for a blue one for example (is 46000 an upgrade)?
Would it be similar the number of jobs after the upgrade to a red airport?
46000 is a lot of coins and im not going to test it to be just a shitty upgrade and lose so much money.

I think there needs to be a notice when you are going to upgrade that tells you the exact increase, just like upgrading th planes.

Koodo

Banned
Bought the Saskatoon and Calgary airports and sent a little plane over there to fight the good fight.

and be elligible for the competition bux

Dommel

So one of my airports has been closed due to fog since this morning. I've been playing on and off throughout the day but 11 hours later it's still closed.

That has to be a bug right?

Two of my biggest planes are stuck there :(

Hey eeen or Dave, seeing how only 5 crews have cracked 10000 on the mission, are there plans to restructure the way gifts are given? Sounds greedy, but top five seem to be really putting in work while 6 down will reap the same rewards.

Flunkie

Banned
Can't wait for this Calgary bullshit to be over so I can close 3+ airports. The next blue event will probably be in freaking Asia or something.

Chopper

Hey eeen or Dave, seeing how only 5 crews have cracked 10000 on the mission, are there plans to restructure the way gifts are given? Sounds greedy, but top five seem to be really putting in work while 6 down will reap the same rewards.
I agree with this. A Top 5 prize would really be worth everyone who's not #TouchArcade to be fighting for.

I'm not finding this as compelling as I had been. Now that a couple of my planes can't land at a the majority of my airports. Sacrificing money in order to drop off layovers is a bit of a drag. A bit.

udivision

So you spend real money of course.

Also if you just watch one of your planes for a minute or two you will find a bux floating fast, tap it to claim it.

I know, I know.

Maybe my first two iOS games shouldn't have been Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes. Starting too see why some people don't like this direction for mobile games.

senador

Banned
I don't like that the most effective method is to have fewer bigger airports. That seems less fun and I don't want to do it. I'd rather the game scale somehow so that the small ones are worth it. A coin bonus, auto pilot for small ones, something. I just find the other way boring, I guess I'll just keep playing my way with slower progress since its more fun to me.

Top Bottom