• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

So yeah after messing around by opening and closing airports. It does seem 'less is more' works the best.

Currently have only 10 out of 15 airport slots open, and with only 2 cities that aren't blue or red.

Also slowly swapping out my fleet with class 2 stuff.

Currently just trying to purchase every high populated cities around (high blues and reds) N/S america, and will hopefully expand to Europe whenever i get a jet that can make the flight to london (and not through the little islands up north)..

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Got a weird bug where I was looking at the Airpedia and a flight landed, so it switched to the screen where you see the plane in the airport. But every time I went to push to the button to plan a new flight for it, it would keep opening the Airpedia. I tried a ton of things to stop it but nothing worked. Had to close the app and reopen it to fix it.

Yeah there is obviously a menu layering bug somewhere we have to track down, whenever we get a break from customer support that is.

Rekwest

Ok, I made a big leap. I closed down Calgary and Thunder Bay and bought a London, Berlin, and Istanbul. Then I purchased a Pearjet-M and maxed out it's fuel tanks. I can now fly the Pearjet from NY to London non-stop. I'm going to use my US jets to bring goods to NY to ship to Europe and I'm going to bring a jet to Europe to bring goods from Berlin and Istanbul to London to ship to the US.

PearlJet.jpg

Tr4nce

Sorry to hear that, and we hate to lose players. Had you installed the update from Fri, and were you playing across multiple devices? If you ever start playing again I can hook you up with some bux.

That's a very nice gesture.

Ehm, to be exact, I even installed the game for the first time on Friday. So that should not be the problem. I was only playing on my iPhone to be honest.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How does this mystery part thing work? Does it appear as cargo for you to carry or does it come as a notification after you get some jobs in the event?

How does this mystery part thing work? Does it appear as cargo for you to carry or does it come as a notification after you get some jobs in the event?

Yeah it's cargo you need to deliver. Once the Mystery Part is delivered you get a message saying what you got and how many more you need to finish it off.

Fuu

Yeah it's cargo you need to deliver. Once the Mystery Part is delivered you get a message saying what you got and how many more you need to finish it off.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Just got an M plane down there, I was using a P one only at fist.

Flunkie

Banned
Oh wow. Only just realised that coins and bux can be collected during flights. Just got 3 bux in the space of 30 seconds!
Wow, I've NEVER had the drop that frequently. 1 Bux in the span of 5 minutes is more like it for me.

Ian, I emailed you, because I still didn't receive my Bux for the event.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The game is finally starting to pick it's appeal around level 8 when you can get planes that fly 1000 mile distances. Making a bridge from my main Europe operation through the Middle East towards China now. Also have a skeleton crew running stuff to Brisbane.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The game is finally starting to pick it's appeal around level 8 when you can get planes that fly 1000 mile distances. Making a bridge from my main Europe operation through the Middle East towards China now. Also have a skeleton crew running stuff to Brisbane.
Yeah I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to bridge NA with EU. I'm thinking NY to Lisbon but I don't think I have planes that can do that yet.

Do upgrades go away if you put a plane into the hangar?

I try to be as futureproof as possible with my decisions D:

Did anyone else not get the reward from the event?? I was like #50 in our crew and got nothing while my buddy was like #89 and got 50 bux.

What gives??

Flunkie

Banned
Did anyone else not get the reward from the event?? I was like #50 in our crew and got nothing while my buddy was like #89 and got 50 bux.

What gives??

Yeah, I had the same problem. I emailed Ian and he gave me some compensation Bux. Still wish that event would have registered for me though; it's not on my "checked events" tab.

eeenmachine

That's a very nice gesture.

Ehm, to be exact, I even installed the game for the first time on Friday. So that should not be the problem. I was only playing on my iPhone to be honest.
Ah, you might have still had the older version then. Email ian@nimblebit.com with the G: number on the game's settings screen if you want to keep playing.

Flunkie

Banned
What's the quickest way to gain XP? Did we establish that it was gauged by coin value on the trip, long trips, or something else?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone had problems with passengers refusing to get out? I had a plane land at Brussels, and it was listed as 'boarding'. When I look at the plane, it has two passengers on it who both want to go to Brussels. Weird. I tried unloading them, but they turned into layovers, whatever they are. In the end I had to fly the plane to a nearby city and back to get the passengers to disembark.

What are layovers btw?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, I had the same problem. I emailed Ian and he gave me some compensation Bux. Still wish that event would have registered for me though; it's not on my "checked events" tab.

I got the Bux but the event isn't listed in my checked events tab, haha.

Anyone had problems with passengers refusing to get out? I had a plane land at Brussels, and it was listed as 'boarding'. When I look at the plane, it has two passengers on it who both want to go to Brussels. Weird. I tried unloading them, but they turned into layovers, whatever they are. In the end I had to fly the plane to a nearby city and back to get the passengers to disembark.

What are layovers btw?

I had that happen to me once during some weird iCloud glitch. I had passengers bound for Boston, but they wouldn't get off the plane in Boston. I eventually flew them from Boston to NY and back to Boston again to get credit for their arrival.

It took me awhile to figure out that this was at your actual job. For a moment I thought someone actually coded a look-alike on the PC with a real map. :p

Be careful, we don't want a Breaking Bad-type accident on our hands.

Ha ha, I don't work for ATC. I'm an aircraft dispatcher. I write flight plans for pilots and give them weather briefs. I'm also on lunch right now, so I'm not actually playing while on duty.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
By the way, does upgrading an airport turn it from black to blue?

Wondering if we can apply some birchcraft to Brisbane.

Fuu

I got the Bux but the event isn't listed in my checked events tab, haha.
Is the completed global event even supposed to show there? I got the 50 bux too but it's not on my list either.

What's the quickest way to gain XP? Did we establish that it was gauged by coin value on the trip, long trips, or something else?
XP you get is equivalent to the amount of coins you receive when you arrive at a destination, so not necessarily the longer trips but the more profitable ones.

Starting up in Australia now. Main operation still in Europe but gonna have a couple of planes running the routes in Aus. Every little helps!

Fuu

Just bought Rio de Janeiro for homeland and profit purposes, now I have red airports on both ends of my main route so I expect my coin income to raise a bit. Thinking of opening Sidney when I have enough money again as I'm not having any luck with the mystery parts at Rockhampton, we'll see.

It's lame how all three red airports I bought so far have given me parts for starter-type planes (1 Bearclaw and 2 Navigators), is this always the case?

shira

My base is LA and I'm level 12, furthest airports is NY.

How should I buy cities to get to Australia? Does the level 14 Pearjet go all the way?

eeenmachine

Global Events don't show in the list of progress in Local Events.

I think issues with the Game Center servers are slowing down the event prizes going out. The game will only check for a prize on GC authentication so if the game can't authenticate you won't get your prize. Prizes stay on the server until they are picked up though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My base is LA and I'm level 12, furthest airports is NY.

How should I buy cities to get to Australia? Does the level 14 Pearjet go all the way?

You can just buy a couple of cities in australia and run a plane between them, no need to connect to your existing routes. Either buy a plane to put there, or move one (when a plane lands, remove it which puts it in your hanger, then reassign it to your Australian city of choice. Costs a couple of Bux)

Top Bottom