• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I take back what I said - suddenly nobody wants to fly to Sydney or Brisbane. Been stuck on 20 jobs for ages now :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
igOXMQN2gBLVn.PNG
What is it?!

FerranMG

So, what's the use for regular local events?
I've been sending people to Manchester for a Sci-fi convention, but I don't know what I will get out of it. Anybody knows?

numble

I've been sending people to Manchester for a Sci-fi convention, but I don't know what I will get out of it. Anybody knows?
There's a status bar for progress under events, don't know what happens if you fill it up, though...

calder

I'm not going to be much help with Brisbane. I'll keep puttering along with one plane there for now, may add one more city in Australia.

That said, my NA is set pretty well and I'm down to Sao Paulo. Will likely drop Dallas once I'm sure it won't screw me up and then get Beunos Airies and rio, then it's all red cities in the America's. :D

Now if only I hadn't bought London last night before realizing its out of range for my equinoxes lol. What a waste.

numble

I'm not going to be much help with Brisbane. I'll keep puttering along with one plane there for now, may add one more city in Australia.

That said, my NA is set pretty well and I'm down to Sao Paulo. Will likely drop Dallas once I'm sure it won't screw me up and then get Beunos Airies and rio, then it's all red cities in the America's. :D

Now if only I hadn't bought London last night before realizing its out of range for my equinoxes lol. What a waste.
Is it really best to have only reds?

calder

Is it really best to have only reds?
Not sure, but it seems most efficient for how i want to play. I prefer to have fewer longer flights, at first when I had a large number of cities in a cluster I found it too hectic, I'd have 8 planes landing every 5 minutes always and felt compelled to pick up my iPad every 30 seconds lol.

Also I feel this will help me later when I get the larger jets and can only land them in red cities.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Maybe it just helps you estimate demand? I know I've had a ton of people going to Manchester, maybe they pay a premium or just mean you can more heavily cover that city during a local event?

FerranMG

There's a status bar for progress under events, don't know what happens if you fill it up, though...

Can't see that, don't you mean the level progress bar?

Maybe it just helps you estimate demand? I know I've had a ton of people going to Manchester, maybe they pay a premium or just mean you can more heavily cover that city during a local event?

Makes sense! Manchester's airport is very small, but I'm doing a lot of trips there.

Apeboy

Just joined GafAir. Had this app for about 3-4 days and level 12 in Caribbean with NY and Mexico City opened up. Digital Crack.

Still don't get the event thing but if anything close I'll be there, doing what I don't know but will be there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm working on expanding from USA to Australia. This is going to get interesting, haha. I've built an airport in Sydney and Brisbane, so I'm at least contributing to the event!

My question with this, though, is if my other airports are going to lose US clients (and thus reduce jobs there)?

codhand

Loving this game, joined up the gafair crew, not sure how it all works, been playing about two hours. Playing on iPhone and iPad simultaneously is pure crack.

jgminto

Thought I'd expand to Jakarta so I could get my Birchcraft working between there and Melbourne. I'll probably expand through there to Asia or Europe after the challenge is completed.

Of course it snows in Sapporo when I have four planes landed there.

Ouch! That's nasty!

This game is complete addiction. I'm not ashamed (though I should be lol) to admit I haven't been able to put it down all day.

Well I'm going to pass the baton on for the night. I've hit over 300 jobs for the team today :D

JoeBoy101

Gotta say, kinda proud I got #295 solo in the global Calgary event. Trying to expand operations out of the Northwest right now as I'm pretty much humping the US-Canadian border.

rj118

so I was a part of #GAFair but I was away from my iPad for the weekend. How do I get the 50 bux promised for the members of the top ten flight crews? Or am I misunderstanding the way the prizes work?

so I was a part of #GAFair but I was away from my iPad for the weekend. How do I get the 50 bux promised for the members of the top ten flight crews? Or am I misunderstanding the way the prizes work?

Did you deliver at least 5 items to Calgary when you were part of #GAFAIR? That's the main reason some people are not getting their reward Bux, as you have to have contributed at least 5 to Global Events to qualify.

rj118

Did you deliver at least 5 items to Calgary when you were part of #GAFAIR? That's the main reason some people are not getting their reward Bux, as you have to have contributed at least 5 to Global Events to qualify.

Nope I didn't; I thought all my flights were counting haha. Maybe I'll try moving my operations base to Australia now!

Nope I didn't; I thought all my flights were counting haha. Maybe I'll try moving my operations base to Australia now!

A small side operation (1 plane, 2 airports), should be enough to get you 5 the next two days. It should be worth it, as this prize is a free plane (if #GAFAIR keeps strong)! An all out move to Oz might not be worth it though (it took me a lot of Bux to move everything there this morning).

Last 4 jobs going to Brisbane for the night. I expect to have been wiped off the top spot by the time I wake up tomorrow, or I'll be severely disappointed :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone happen to know how far London is from NYC? Can a pearjet do it?
Wondering this too.

Actually thinking of connecting to Madrid first but I'd like to hear what others did.

Don't really care for South America.. there's not much there TBH. I'd rather go straight into expanding into the east.

I decided to advertise Brisbane for 26k coins to increase demand. It looks like it is helping slightly - I got four Brisbane jobs in one city when New Jobs came in. Still not sure if it is worth it in the long run, as no other cities has Brisbane jobs this round. :/

Top Bottom