• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Koodo

Banned
Eeen, how long do I put off worrying that I won't get my 50 bux?
RIGHT HERE WITH YOU.

I noticed the Check Mark tab under Events never displayed the Chemical Spill (it's finally displaying the Tourist Boom event I'm participating in). I wonder if my participation for the global event didn't register?

I delivered about 40 jobs.

I got my 50 bucks and got another plane in the air. Plan was to go to bed right after that but planes kept on landing and now it's almost 5 AM... Damn this game is addictive.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
RIGHT HERE WITH YOU.

I noticed the Check Mark tab under Events never displayed the Chemical Spill (it's finally displaying the Tourist Boom event I'm participating in). I wonder if my participation for the global event didn't register?

I delivered about 40 jobs.

Give it a little time.

Super sorry. Had you installed the update released yesterday? If you email ian@nimblebit.com the G: number at the bottom of the in-game settings screen I can get you up and running with some more bux if you're inclined to keep playing. Definitely install the update if you haven't already.

Hello! Very kind of you. It was extra annoying because my game was in Australia, where the current event is!

I do love it though and have just started again, thanks again for the offer, the email is on the way!

I am using v1.0.2

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think it might be worthwhile simply to get your own P-40 Warhawk via the 3 mystery items you can ship to Brisbane.

dc89

Just started playing! I typed GAFAir into my crew thing so I'm contributing whatever it is I'm contributing to.

speedpop

There were 3 random mystery cargo items located around the airports I had. Each one had a piece of the P-40 Warhawk that you could build on your own after you delivered it to Brisbane.

I haven't seen any new ones pop up, so it seems to be a single one per account thing. A good incentive to make sure no one misses out on the grand prize stuff so long as they do a bit of the event.

Don't worry GafAir, i'm doing my part
600330873.png

hirokazu

I seem to be the only one racking up jobs. How embarrassing.
I'm coming second in the GAFAIR rankings right now. I'm assuming you're one at first?

Also, I can't view the leaderboards, they're either messed up (worldwide shows first and second and skips a bunch of ranks to 3583), or they're just blank. Is this happening for everyone?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
As an experiment I had my iPad game session in TouchArcade and my iPhone in GAFAir at the end of the event, I've gotten 50 bux on the phone and 100 bux on the iPad.

Any takers on who'll win once my two sessions merge?

speedpop

I'm coming second in the GAFAIR rankings right now. I'm assuming you're one at first?

Also, I can't view the leaderboards, they're either messed up (worldwide shows first and second and skips a bunch of ranks to 3583), or they're just blank. Is this happening for everyone?
Yeah I am just fooling around in the game while Blade Runner is on. Once I hit 200 points I'll leave it for the day.

Leaderboards screwed up for me a bit earlier but are fixed now.

jgminto

YOU'RE COMING SECOND!? I'M COMING SECOND!!!

Anyway, what do you guys plan to use the Warhawk for anyway? It should be able to get people to places quick but it doesn't seem to have that much potential in the money making department. Maybe it'll be useful for dropping off passengers for Class 2 & 3 planes?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I've opened in Brisbane and will open in Adelaide soon to contribute. All my other airports and planes are in Europe, but hopefully the couple of planes I have in my hanger will be able to do the job.

Are there both cargo and passenger jobs for that event?

Pachael

I've opened in Brisbane and will open in Adelaide soon to contribute. All my other airports and planes are in Europe, but hopefully the couple of planes I have in my hanger will be able to do the job.

Are there both cargo and passenger jobs for that event?

Yup, there are both cargo and passenger jobs for it. In fact, Calgary also had cargo and passenger jobs that counted to the total.

Hmmm might take a bit for me to get to Ausland, but I'll do my darned best.

I'm based in America, but surely I could just open like 2-3 airports in Aus for the purpose of this task, without them being connected to the US?

Of course that would mean buying a couple of new planes too... hmm quite a task!

hirokazu

YOU'RE COMING SECOND!? I'M COMING SECOND!!!

Anyway, what do you guys plan to use the Warhawk for anyway? It should be able to get people to places quick but it doesn't seem to have that much potential in the money making department. Maybe it'll be useful for dropping off passengers for Class 2 & 3 planes?

Well I just checked again and now I'm third, but barely. :p

Also, I just got a P-40 Warhawk Controls part from delivering a Mystery Package. :)

Hmmm might take a bit for me to get to Ausland, but I'll do my darned best.

I'm based in America, but surely I could just open like 2-3 airports in Aus for the purpose of this task, without them being connected to the US?

Of course that would mean buying a couple of new planes too... hmm quite a task!

Yes you can. I only have Sydney and Brisbane operating while the rest of my fleet remained in Japan .

Great, if I put a plane in the hangar, can I then appoint it back to any airport? Never done that yet.

Oh and what airports are you running in Australia?
You can reappoint your plane to any airport from your hangar at a cost of 1 or 2 bux.

I am only running Brisbane and Sydney in aus. Did the same with the Calgary event and received the 50bux.

You can reappoint your plane to any airport from your hangar at a cost of 1 or 2 bux.

I am only running Brisbane and Sydney in aus. Did the same with the Calgary event and received the 50bux.

Excellent, I think that's the best plan of action. Even though it's gonna break the bank and everything else lol

Draxal

I am really liking the game so far.

Only pet peeve of mine is that there should be a random tower of a rather dubious height in the background while flying sometimes.

Haha, I've just got a job of delivering a "Tiny Tower" item. Nice touch!

Love it when you get 2 bux in a row flying in the air. Juicy! Wonder if there's a route in the game that just gives like big coins or just bux all the time, or a higher ratio than normal...

Is it worth me opening up in Australia just for the event? Will probs take me a day at least just to get operational down there, I started in Europe just yesterday.

Not sure it's gonna be worth my while but wanna contribute to the event :(

ksimm

Going to take me a while getting to Australia. :[ This is a great companion game to Civilization by the way, building 2 empires at once.

Top Bottom