• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

I don't ever do this for IAP games, usually because they suck, but I'm gonna have to put some real coin down on this game, because it's a real good one.

Shawsie64

Banned
Fuck yeah! Couldn't join in with the Calgary event as would have taken me too long but my whole fleet is based in Australia, you have my sword GAFAIR.

Ok, I made a big leap. I closed down Calgary and Thunder Bay and bought a London, Berlin, and Istanbul. Then I purchased a Pearjet-M and maxed out it's fuel tanks. I can now fly the Pearjet from NY to London non-stop. I'm going to use my US jets to bring goods to NY to ship to Europe and I'm going to bring a jet to Europe to bring goods from Berlin and Istanbul to London to ship to the US.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Anybody who started in NA have a strategy for getting over to Australia? Seems almost impossible with what I've got (just got Birchcrafts). Currently I'm trying to ship dudes over to England on Airvans via the northern route, and then pick them up with a Birchcraft for the route east. Dunno if it's gonna work yet though.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Was literally typing a post asking if I should start worry that I haven't received my bux yet and the notification came in. Started playing a few minutes ago and had just sent planes to the air again, so I guess it was still calculating things.

Anyway, closed up shop in Calgary, Salt Lake City and Chihuahua. Contemplating opening a hub in Australia but I'm afraid of all those jobs who will want to cross from the Americas to there that I won't be able to deal with.

Fuu

Good luck NeoGAF, you'll need it.

Running 21 planes between Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. #TA
KuGsj.gif
we get it:

You guys are getting smashed by #TouchArcade

Going to enjoy the 100 bux.

Sorry, the crew at TouchArcade (including me) are smashing this event.
Gaf is a forum where people largely hate mobile gaming, with a subset of members who hate iOS-specific gaming, with another subset who hates games like Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes because you have to wait for things to happen. There are people who don't even like gaming at all! TA is an iOS gaming site. Notice the difference? Stop with the potshots, dude.

Blablurn

the game is not that bad... compared to other games it lets me study for 10 minutes and then im checking again... then studying... and checking... studying and checking... well, its better than not studying at all, right gaf? RIGHT?

Bigfoot

Ok, I started in Australia and have an airport in Brisbane so I can contribute to the #GAFAIR challenge this time. I was useless for the last one.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Perhaps I'm being rash, but I've decided for the heck of it to close all my airports, and move everything to in and around australia, for the duration of the event.

#support-gafair

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What happens when you close down an airport? How much will it cost to reinstate it?

And do I actually GET money from closing it?

Fuu

I'm having lots of fun with customising and naming my planes :D
Loving these!

So I'm guessing the best plan is to open two in Australia closest together, right? Brisbane and what?
I'd say Adelaide or Rockhampton since they're so close and cheap, or Sidney or Melbourne if you want to go blue. It doesn't help that 90% of the airports in Australia have a 0.0M population. :lol

For now I opened one in Rockhampton to see how it goes and to get at least a few jobs to Brisbane.

What happens when you close down an airport? How much will it cost to reinstate it?

And do I actually GET money from closing it?
You get half what you paid for, then you need to pay in full again to re-open it.

Row

Banned
haha, those are some pretty nice customs

@enzo: you get half what you paid to open it when you close it, reopening costs full price

Tobor

Perhaps I'm being rash, but I've decided for the heck of it to close all my airports, and move everything to in and around australia, for the duration of the event.

#support-gafair

That's what I did as well. I'm only level 8. Eventually we'll be high enough level with enough red cities that when the event starts, you'll already have routes and high level planes available.

Tr4nce

I stopped playing.

Had a gamebreaking bug happen to me yesterday; I booted up the game, and all of my game was lost. I suddenly owned only 2 American airports which is strange, because I started in Europe. So everything went to shitters. I can't be arsed to start over again :(

gotee12

Instead of tearing down shop and rebuilding for every global event, I'm just going to work on building out North America to prep for any future NA events. And will extend to South America once NA is well covered...

That is sweet. Didn't know you could change pilot costumes like that. Can you switch to any costume or is there some rules about costumes available to you?

They each cost a buck to change. Loads available to change to.

Just got a "Mystery Part" in Australia. Apparently I need 2 more pieces to unlock the Warhawk plane :D

Fuu

Haha, looks like the Air Museum Opening is a Mapple event seeing how many heading there are wearing the Mapple Genius costume from Tiny Tower.

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
I stopped playing.

Had a gamebreaking bug happen to me yesterday; I booted up the game, and all of my game was lost. I suddenly owned only 2 American airports which is strange, because I started in Europe. So everything went to shitters. I can't be arsed to start over again :(

Sorry to hear that, and we hate to lose players. Had you installed the update from Fri, and were you playing across multiple devices? If you ever start playing again I can hook you up with some bux.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got a weird bug where I was looking at the Airpedia and a flight landed, so it switched to the screen where you see the plane in the airport. But every time I went to push to the button to plan a new flight for it, it would keep opening the Airpedia. I tried a ton of things to stop it but nothing worked. Had to close the app and reopen it to fix it.

Fuu

Got a weird bug where I was looking at the Airpedia and a flight landed, so it switched to the screen where you see the plane in the airport. But every time I went to push to the button to plan a new flight for it, it would keep opening the Airpedia. I tried a ton of things to stop it but nothing worked. Had to close the app and reopen it to fix it.
This happened to me pre-update once but with the Parts screen, had to kill the app too.

Top Bottom