• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pearjet barely makes it at 2239 mile range (3 fuel upgrades), so I guess around 2220 miles or so?

Have you closed down any airports? The game doesn't delete layovers that are waiting to go to airports that have been shut down and they stay greyed out. That's the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.

-facepalm- i closed down munich 2h ago, theeere we go. Thanks! Finally I know what that was...

senador

Banned
WTF is up with my graph?

FgRhFl.png

Pretty sure I have a higher revenue, longer flights, and more flights than when I first started.

senador

Banned
Perhaps you had a lull yesterday or the day before?

That's what I thought yesterday then it went even lower today. I guess it could be that since the weekend is over, but I thought I was still doing pretty good. Guess we'll see.

Anyone not take the baby route across the Atlantic? Seattle -- LA -- Mexico City -- Lima -- Rio de Janeiro -- Recife -- Lagos -- Cairo. all on a fleet of Birchwoods

This game is kind of winding down for me....

I'm about to build in Lagos for the same route. You have to upgrade the Birchcraft to make it though right?

Lan_97

So I've now established a path from LA to Tokyo with a fleet of Birchcrafts and I'm kind of wondering what else there will be to do after establishing the longest Red-Red route.

I still want to hop from NY to London (currently going through South America), but aside from that it seems like I will just be upgrading airports.

I'm about to build in Lagos for the same route. You have to upgrade the Birchcraft to make it though right?
You can hop from Recife(blue).

woo. expanded all the way to shanghai.

Am surprised that I'm digging the birch now. Can go long distances and is relatively cheap on the fuel.

I think i need to expand my little fleet of 2 birch that cover all of europe and asia now though lol.

Why must expanding fleet cost so much :(

senador

Banned
So I've now established a path from LA to Tokyo with a fleet of Birchcrafts and I'm kind of wondering what else there will be to do after establishing the longest Red-Red route.

I still want to hop from NY to London (currently going through South America), but aside from that it seems like I will just be upgrading airports.

You can hop from Recife(blue).

Get bigger and more planes? More red and blue airports? Get all the achievements?

What is "endgame" though? Tiny Tower for me was getting all floors. Get all airports and planes?

I didn't think the Birchcraft had the range? I checked the circle and it didn't quite make it. Perhaps I was doing Rio though and not Recife.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Get bigger and more planes? More red and blue airports? Get all the achievements?

What is "endgame" though? Tiny Tower for me was getting all floors. Get all airports and planes?

I didn't think the Birchcraft had the range? I checked the circle and it didn't quite make it. Perhaps I was doing Rio though and not Recife.

All planes for sure, but I dunno that all airports is really feasible. Seems like you'd need to be very high level.

Not 1 single upgrade needed. 3k+ profit per trip, less if I'm moving bux. I'm mapping a route from 1 corner of the globe to the other corner. Once the achievement is made i won't see reason to continue.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one thing that is genius with this game is that hands-on management time goes down as you progress. In the beginning, flights are so quick that you could be actively doing something very often and you miss out by waiting for too long before checking in. Later on, longer flights mean there's no real benefit in checking in so often. As your interest in staring at the screen dwindles, you also don't have to check in as often. Genius!

Just connected NY to LA, now working towards a straight transatlantic flight. Also #39 on the GafAir leaderboards.

Hige

Despite being 1 ton heavier, the Aeroeagle has a lower fuel cost than the Pearjet since it's 52 MPH slower. I can't imagine I'd ever upgrade the speed on any of my planes, since I think the flight times are too short as it is. Better to upgrade (lower) the weight for a permanent discount on fuel cost.

senador

Banned
We're no longer in contention for 5th, they've doubled our score. We may be able to hang on to 6th

Is the graph real time, or is each slice like a certain "timeframe"?

Hopefully the next global will be more accessible. It'll be fun to see what we can do with more of us hitting it.

I believe the chart updates daily, and seems to update around the time of day your originally started playing. Might be nice to have some marks on it or something.

Edit: It does have marks along the bottom.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's lvl 14.

Wow I regret getting a pearjet M. Why oh why did I do that, really wish there was a way to break it down into parts and buy a P or C body

If you scrap it, it'll turn back into parts so you can just buy a C or P body and rebuild it

Hela

I tried it, but I really don't get it.
It's barely a game - just sending the planes every couple of minutes, nothing else really to actively do, unless something escapes me.

It's barely a game - just sending the planes every couple of minutes, nothing else really to actively do, unless something escapes me.

It a management style game - if you don't like that then it is hard to like this.

Try to work your way up a few levels, and see does something click.

yeah... at lvl 16 now and expanded all the way to shanghai.

Beginning to lose interest. Probably due to it being a way bigger hassle managing all this stuff every half an hr or so.

The cost of expanding your fleet is pretty damn high, and the cost of new better planes are getting really high.

Probably should just take a break from this for a week or 2 lol.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is there a list anywhere of what planes become available at what levels? Just about to get to level 10 and want to start thinking whether to wait for eg birchcraft and equinox, or build some more Mohawks

Sloane

Banned
It a management style game - if you don't like that then it is hard to like this.
Isn't it more like a Farmville style game which looks a bit like a management style game?

Nope, that's about it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
doh. Think I've scuppered myself with the birchcraft. It won't go across my 'great north circle' from NY to London because its class 2. Any other options, or do I just have to stick to class 1 planes until I can make the hop directly? Seems a waste to have such a good plane limited to local travel

edit: think I'll use it for west-east cost long distance US travel, bring people to NY for travel on to Europe. Take advantage of the range.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This game is kind of winding down for me....
Yeah I still dig it but I'm feeling it too, yesterday I didn't check on it as much. I'm still playing it but it's not having the same pull over me, which isn't really a bad thing. I don't know, with Tiny Tower it was easy to have a clear final objective (building all floors, + the added challenge of having all bitizens being dream jobbers), but I'm still not sure what the "carrot on a stick" is here for me. Buying all planes and/or airports (is such a thing even possible?) isn't rewarding because there are a lot of outright useless ones, while in TT every new store and apartment was worth it. After the first transatlantic flight it sort of feels like endgame already. Maybe I'll focus on the achievements.

edit: was checking my achievements list and the Transatlantic one didn't register for some reason, even though I got the in-game pop-up when I first did it. :(

strem

The teamwork aspect of the game really helps to keep it going for me. My little jobs contributing to the greater good keeps me coming back

Flim Flam

Neo Member
Could someone tell me what the small colored dots on the left of passengers/goods are for ?

The Colored dots represent the destinatin airport level.

Gray is level 1
Blue is level 2
Red is level 3

It really matters once you start mixing the classes of your planes, a plane can not land at an airport with a lower level than its class. I.E. a class 2 plane cant land in a Level 1 airport.

Flim Flam

Neo Member
I should add that you can not "upgrade" the level of your airport. Upgrading the airport increases the flow of traffic through the airport, but it does not increase the "color"

Meier

I finally bought my first Class 2 plane. Love the distance I can cover, but man, I wish there were more jobs for the other big cities. :( Would be nice if it didn't show the jobs for cities you couldn't visit as well unless you selected "All."

One cargo item from Paris to Tehran still nets a loss of 183 and if I take a second single item to Mumbai after that I've only made 101 profit in 33 minutes. :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
First class 2 plane here and started to layover people. That gets confusing fast, so I'll need to cone up with a system. Its a shame layovers don't appear at the top of the list of customers, makes them difficult to find

Top Bottom