• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
So most people are holding Class 2+ planes? I guess I've done it the other way around: I'm only hold 2 Pearjets, but a full fleet of Kangaroos just for these events.
Same here, but my fleet is mostly Mohawks instead of Kangaroos. As far as class 2 goes I have two Pearjets and one Equinox (built it cheaply with some parts), but the Equinox has really not been worth it to me and I'm about to send it to the hangar for something else. Haven't tried the Birchcraft yet, still waiting for the body part to appear in the market so I can build an M one.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Got a bug, whenever I press on a plane and then on the screen to select cargo I get the Airpedia screen instead regardless of how I navigate to that cargo selection screen. I had the Airpedia opened when I closed the app previously (taking the Huey photo). Wtf? :(

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
I guess it's supposed to appeal to someone just starting. I'll be gifting or selling.

There are a number of planes (and their parts) which can ONLY be gotten through Global Events. So they are more valuable to collector types. The Huey is such a plane (well helicopter).

eeenmachine

Got a bug, whenever I press on a plane and then on the screen to select cargo I get the Airpedia screen instead regardless of how I navigate to that cargo selection screen. I had the Airpedia opened when I closed the app previously (taking the Huey photo). Wtf? :(

Force close the app to fix, bug is fixed in the next version coming soon.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Force close the app to fix, bug is fixed in the next version coming soon.

\o/ good stuff!

Now
gimme Brisbane reward!
:p /taps foot

I must say that this game is way more generous with bux than Tiny Tower, ever since level 6 or so I've consistently climbed in amount with loads of purchases in-between. Just about 400 bux now.

I'm up an operational over in Africa. Australia is now closed.
Av24YncCMAAIVXk.jpg

Suggestions on tweaks?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How you get notification of Bux for the events and gifted parts? Still no sign of the engine I sent my son a couple of days ago

And half my fleet is holed up waiting for goose bay to clear up

eeenmachine

How you get notification of Bux for the events and gifted parts? Still no sign of the engine I sent my son a couple of days ago

And half my fleet is holed up waiting for goose bay to clear up

You should get a popup. Are you sure your son is signed into game center?

I wonder if the other helicopter parts will be available through golden packages during this mission? I think the Huey would be a great addition to the game. It holds a lot of cargo compared to all the other Class 1 aircraft. You could use it as the final link in your chain for these mission flights.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking of the Sea Knight, not the Huey. Doh!

calder

Opened up Casablanca, should be a LOT more help there than I was for Australia. I'm using Paris as my layover spot, but damn I kinda need another tier one plane now. A single kangaroo won't be enough I don't think, but after 10 planes it's pricy to open another slot.

I have a South Atlantic route set up through Lagos now to connect South America and Africa, but I'm not crazy about it. It seems to be messing up the smooth flow of my NYC-London run with my 3 Pearjets. Maybe I need to separate by north/south hemisphere now to make it easier to keep track of layovers, because I think I moved some stuff from LA/Mexico down to Sao Paulo in order to ship it off to Europe through Recife/Lagos but then got confused and put it on another plane back to NYC.

jDh0OrF84JLA0.jpg

Apeboy

Casablanca is awesome for me. London and Paris upgraded for holding layovers fed from NYC Miami and Istanbul. Mohawks max speed can barely keep up.

Anyone know if a aero can make it direct from NYC to Paris? Was holding off buying anymore class 2 until 3 opens up (level 18?) but direct fron NYC to Paris would be nice, especially for this event.

Heel

Which planes can make it from New York to Paris in one shot?

Can an Air Van handle the flight from Paris to Casablanca?

Casablanca is awesome for me. London and Paris upgraded for holding layovers fed from NYC Miami and Istanbul. Mohawks max speed can barely keep up.

Anyone know if a aero can make it direct from NYC to Paris? Was holding off buying anymore class 2 until 3 opens up (level 18?) but direct fron NYC to Paris would be nice, especially for this event.

Nope it can't sadly. It's like the smallest distance out of range. I tend to prefer Madrid to NY than London-NY.

Funny how the point of this game is to have the airports as separate as you can so you don't have to play it as often o_0

Buying bux for real money crossed my mind today for a split second so I could skip some parts so I didn't have to actually play the game and then I understood that that would be just silly. I can stop whenever I want to.

Bummer. Even with the distance upgrades?

Yep. Fully upgraded and it's just a touch out still.

Funny how the point of this game is to have the airports as separate as you can so you don't have to play it as often o_0

Buying bux for real money crossed my mind today for a split second so I could skip some parts so I didn't have to actually play the game and then I understood that that would be just silly. I can stop whenever I want to.

I think it's worth thinking more you're giving something back to the developers if you enjoy the game. The bux are a bonus.

I think it's worth thinking more you're giving something back to the developers if you enjoy the game. The bux are a bonus.

Yeah, I really didn't need the extra bux at the time, but I threw $20 into the game to support the developers. I think I've spent more time playing this game than I have playing some 3DS/PS Vita games that I paid even more money for.

I've noticed indirect routes are sometimes more profitable than direct flights. For instance Chicago - Atlanta - Miami netted a few more coins than Chicago - Miami. It was like a 3 coin difference. Weird.

MJLord

I've noticed indirect routes are sometimes more profitable than direct flights. For instance Chicago - Atlanta - Miami netted a few more coins than Chicago - Miami. It was like a 3 coin difference. Weird.

Depends what your hauling, if all 3 stops are netting you something it could work out better.

Pachael

Global events are why I keep my C1s. Slowly moving my planes over - it's good since Casablanca is just outside my 'normal' trade route from Honolulu to Auckland, so I'll be around very soon :)

Top Bottom