• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
iyxHY.png

deim0s

Started in Japan as my base of operations and opened brisbane and a handful of cities to cycle within that region and actually help #GAFAir.

For the last day or two everyone in Japan wants to go to AU and AU wants to go to Japan! wtf. I'm flying on < 100 coin profits on solo passenger flights now. @#$)%*#.

That's probably our tagline: Our airline is just like your taxi cab back home.

I opened up Brisbane and Sydney...now what? Do I just run stuff back and forth till the event starts? Will stuff just show up in the market then?

The events already started. Yeah just ferry stuff back and forth so you get stuff to Brisbane and help towards the mission.

ARGH why is never the part I want in stock :(

eroots

I don't get why this game is popular.. I like it ok, but the f2p qualities really stink... Do the expect us to just keep staring at the screen watching bucks fly by... Feels like such a waste of time.. I'd rather pay them money for a pay version with a lil sim strategy to it... This is just too lite and too boring... Love the art and where it's going, just want it to be more in depth and not have the f2p elements...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't get why this game is popular.. I like it ok, but the f2p qualities really stink... Do the expect us to just keep staring at the screen watching bucks fly by... Feels like such a waste of time.. I'd rather pay them money for a pay version with a lil sim strategy to it... This is just too lite and too boring... Love the art and where it's going, just want it to be more in depth and not have the f2p elements...

Crew rewards + leveling up + trips that yield bux = how to earn them. Flyby bux are just a bonus!

E: Also, the game becomes a lot more management later on. Once you've got 20-60 minute flight routes figured out, you play for 5-10 minutes to sort out routes and layovers and let the pilots do the rest.

If I get a trip from Seattle to Brisbane that gives bux the reward is somewhere around 10. So, as you level up it is actually way easier to get the bux if that is what you are trying to earn.

I think they expect you to turn the game off and come back later when your planes are flying

Ian/Dave - in the next update can layovers be moved to the top of the list of jobs? With a lot of airports they're actually getting quite hard to keep track of because they're going to different places and appear all throughout the job list!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The pride of my Air_Strikes fleet, fully upgraded:

It's quite fun managing the routes for this plane to try and get the most out of it.

I only own red and blue cities now.
Trying to get mostly 4 seaters too.

Does this work out well? I'm probably going to close the only 2 black cities I own as they generate shit for jobs.

Chopper

Does this work out well? I'm probably going to close the only 2 black cities I own as they generate shit for jobs.
It's working out pretty well for me. The only downside is the inability to take part in regular events, but until someone unveils some ridiculous prizes for visiting Kiev 1000 times, I'm not caring.

I don't really see the point of blues either if you're just looking to maximise profits. Reds all the way and then whatever you need to join them up if your planes can't reach.

I don't really see the point of blues either if you're just looking to maximise profits. Reds all the way and then whatever you need to join them up if your planes can't reach.

Yeah I can get rid of a few more of my blues once I get some more Birchcrafts to replace some older planes.

Woop! My first flight over 4k :D

Pachael

Yeah, my fleet will transition from C1/C2 cities to C2/C3 cities and probably just C3 except for the 'trophy' ones, e.g. Honolulu to Auckland, Melbourne which is what I'll be keeping.

only level 9 but I have only gone for lv2 and 3 cities, they just seem better overall for stock and passengers plus most are within flight of each other without using smaller airports to refuel.

Tobor

The leader board stopped updating for me yesterday. I'm running tons of Brisbane jobs, but it still says I've only done 55. :(

I don't understand how to improve my airplanes, the parts seems to be only useful to build new planes.
Are they cheaper at least?

Click on the magnifying glass when your plane is landed, and you'll get an option to upgrade the plane.

And yeah, the parts make it cheaper to buy new planes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm not bothering upgrading planes until I have good planes first. Airvans/kangaroo are ok, but I want a little more first

How long should it take for a gifted part to arrive? Sent my son something yesterday and it's still not turned up

lefantome

I'm not bothering upgrading planes until I have good planes first. Airvans/kangaroo are ok, but I want a little more first

Me too a 5%. Improvement of range is useless. I opened airports in the usa but i have only a plane capable of doing that lol, passing to iceland and greenland.

I'm planning to open at bern for the jobs, do you think it worths? I have started in germany and i have all the airports nearby.
I hope jobs rewards are bucks

So what determine cost of flight?

I assume weight and speed?

Can't seem to find a practical use of pearjets outside of going from NY to London. You just don't make any profit unless you pack that plane tight and go for long.

So what determine cost of flight?

I assume weight and speed?

Can't seem to find a practical use of pearjets outside of going from NY to London. You just don't make any profit unless you pack that plane tight and go for long.
I've been using them explicitly between Sydney/Melbourne, and just shuttling people to them for fly (and wait till it's full). It's low margin, but it still works.

What do you guys lean towards, M, P or C planes? Or a decent mix?

I'm starting to collect a few Birchcraft planes now to get out of Australia, if anyone wants to donate parts, lets do it! Any Pearjet bits would be tops, too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I'm starting to collect a few Birchcraft planes now to get out of Australia, if anyone wants to donate parts, lets do it! Any Pearjet bits would be tops, too.

P and M at the moment. I'd love to be able to configure them more, eg take out seats to make cargo space for a Bux. So then I could have a kangaroo with 3P/1C

Mohawk worth it, or stick with airvans and kangaroo until I can get equinox/birch craft?

been just getting an equal amount of C's and P's.

M's are probably 'better', but it requires more work to 'fill out the plane'. And I hate that feeling when you notice like 4 'london' but then you realize they are 4 C, and your plane is a 2c2p T_T.

MicH

I also have a mix of the three types of planes.

Currently moving forward from Austrslia - currently reached Delhi. 50 minute flights! Woohoo!

There is also an event in bern!

Ah, gotcha, that's not the global event. Things that contribute to GAFair will always be written in blue text.

The other events are personal events to you, and there's no leaderboard for them. You just complete them to complete them by delivering people to that place while the event's running.

Flim Flam

Neo Member
Oh sweet, I feel kind of dumb now! I just assumed that the Global Event prizes were the same each time, I didnt know they were different. I could use that Warhawk plane, hopefully we stay in the top 10!

Oh sweet, I feel kind of dumb now! I just assumed that the Global Event prizes were the same each time, I didnt know they were different. I could use that Warhawk plane, hopefully we stay in the top 10!
Given that 10 is at 5895, I don't think you need to worry other than getting the 5 delivery...

Top Bottom