• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

Bigfoot

Sucks that the leaderboard basically boils down to the team with the most members == the team that wins.

It should be based on having a somewhat large team but also on how the members of the team contribute overall.

Maybe something like:

Score = Sum of Top 100 scores + 100 * (Team Average)

Hello fellow gafair member here, I closed down an airport in Phoenix but am still finishing layovers for pheonix in New York. Does anyone know if the layovers go away after a while or am unstuck with them?

Were #6 :/

I have dropped to #22 on #GAFAIR (236 Jobs), and I am playing a good bit (most down time I am playing a bit, and when I am watching TV I play it a bit too).

I am level 12, but I don't use Bux to speed up flights.

I have no idea how to help more :/

Hello fellow gafair member here, I closed down an airport in Phoenix but am still finishing layovers for pheonix in New York. Does anyone know if the layovers go away after a while or am unstuck with them?

Click the little red "X" next to the cargo in the boarding window and it will go away.

I have dropped to #22 on #GAFAIR (236 Jobs), and I am playing a good bit (most down time I am playing a bit, and when I am watching TV I play it a bit too).

I completed about 150 jobs in Calgary but only got a dozen for Brisbane :(
Most of my planes are in NA and two are in the Australia.

Flunkie

Banned
As long as we're in the top 10 I'm happy. I'll happily expand into Europe but scrapping everything I've done so far to build up a remote place as far as the game is concerned only to tear it down 3 days later is A. Not worth it due to the poor return on selling (closing) airports and B. not fun.

Is there a way to find out if an Airport is blue or red before buying them? I can't seem to be able to tell the difference between Blue/red/black.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Beginner route across the Atlantic? Is it NY/Boston - goose bay - nuukn- Reykjavik - Glasgow? Or can you cut out Glasgow and go straight into London?

shira

Yeah I'm #9 on GAFAIR. And waiting for Aussie cities to refresh is kind of annoying.
The events really should be at least blue cities.

I already have three P-40 warhawks worth of parts from Mystery cargo. I don't see the point anymore in doing this event.

Is there some sort of unlock that makes this plane superawesome?

FerranMG

Figured out some of our iCloud issues. Syncing should work much better in the next version.

Awesome!, thanks for keeping us up!

BTW, when I'm filling up a plane I need to look at how many people and how much cargo the plane can take, but this information is sometimes hidden by a message saying that "plan x has arrived in somewhere".
If you have a feature request list, and if this seems like a good idea, maybe you could keep the information for the planes' capacity on screen at all times.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You can get to London (depending on your plane), but Glasgow is cheaper if you're watching your funds.

I've got both London and glasgow for my Europe hub, just hoping to shut down Glasgow, as I need to use up several slots to make the bridge for now

How far from Reykjavik to London, so I can check my planes ranges?

Lan_97

Do additional cities effect the number of jobs from other cities in a job list? Is there an actual benefit, aside from clutter, to shutdown cities?

How much of a job benefit is there to upgrading an airport? I'm wondering what size plane I can still fill somewhat consistently with same city jobs before having to do hubs.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The long haul flights make some nice money. I went from 300 profit to over 1,000 per flight if I get the 25% bonus. I'm doing the short hops via Reykjavik etc, and I'm surprised that there are a bunch of people wanting to go to Nuuk or Reykjavik - more than want to go to new York sometimes, which is odd given their different populations.

The long haul flights make some nice money. I went from 300 profit to over 1,000 per flight if I get the 25% bonus. I'm doing the short hops via Reykjavik etc, and I'm surprised that there are a bunch of people wanting to go to Nuuk or Reykjavik - more than want to go to new York sometimes, which is odd given their different populations.

Yep, it seems that the people that goes FROM a place is based on the population, but the people that goes TO a place is not. Or, at least, not in the same way.

And that's a little annoying, because even if you can easily fill a plane to go to Nuuk or others 0.0 airports, when you get there you have to move because you're not able to find people in there to anywhere.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think my plan will be to slowly expand in the eastern US, then I'll have that plus western Europe with mini fleets, connected via Iceland. And when I eventually get planes that can go direct from NY-LON, I'll close down those northern airports and use the capacity to bridge to the west coast US

InertiaXr

Ugh I feel like I've been slogging for days to get to a Pearjet and it's still not here, 80k coins and 100 Bux later, still nothing :/

Yeah, Pearjet is level 13 right? I've checked almost every market reset for like 5 hours now and nothing past Equinox and Birchcraft have shown up. I'd really like to spend my 190 bux and get 3-4 of those things for a straight shot from NY to London.

Can anyone confirm that you can get from Rio de Janeiro to Lagos with a Birchcraft? I was thinking of using that as my transatlantic route.

100,000k, 200Bux, and the option to buy an airport... yet I am buying nothing. I am starting to think I am hoarding.
I'm sitting on 200k+ and 150 bucks. Not sure what the hold up is, but I'm planning on buying soon to beef up my coverage.

Yeah, Pearjet is level 13 right? I've checked almost every market reset for like 5 hours now and nothing past Equinox and Birchcraft have shown up. I'd really like to spend my 190 bux and get 3-4 of those things for a straight shot from NY to London.

I do no think Pearjet is 13, as I am 13 (and have been for about 4 hours), and I do not have access to it.

I believe it is 15 - from recalling mentions a few pages back

calder

I do no think Pearjet is 13, as I am 13 (and have been for about 4 hours), and I do not have access to it.

I believe it is 15 - from recalling mentions a few pages back
It's lvl 14.

Wow I regret getting a pearjet M. Why oh why did I do that, really wish there was a way to break it down into parts and buy a P or C body

InertiaXr

It's lvl 14.

Wow I regret getting a pearjet M. Why oh why did I do that, really wish there was a way to break it down into parts and buy a P or C body

Well shit I'm just over 190k xp away from lvl14 and my avg daily revenue is only 112k...2 days to Pearjets :/

Row

Banned
Really? How so? I'm running a few large M planes and doing fine with them.

since there's a limited number of layovers, you can dedicate each major cities layovers to a certain destination and either p or c depending on your plane, me for example I have boston as a london/berlin cargo hold, and new york as a london/berlin passenger hold, for me it makes it easier to manage especially since the planes are only going to get bigger

Tobor

since there's a limited number of layovers, you can dedicate each major cities layovers to a certain destination and either p or c depending on your plane, me for example I have boston as a london/berlin cargo hold, and new york as a london/berlin passenger hold, for me it makes it easier to manage especially since the planes are only going to get bigger

This is a great idea, actually. Are you finding them easy to fill?

Row

Banned
This is a great idea, actually. Are you finding them easy to fill?

NY and boston are easy to fill with london/berlin destinations , but the reverse isn't true since I have no real european network (3 airports) and only one plane there serving as a taxi of sorts. When I land in europe I just have to take whatever is available and fly back, still make money on that leg though

I think my plan will be to slowly expand in the eastern US, then I'll have that plus western Europe with mini fleets, connected via Iceland. And when I eventually get planes that can go direct from NY-LON, I'll close down those northern airports and use the capacity to bridge to the west coast US

I'm doing the same, I'm connecting exclusively red airports (except St. Louis in the middle of US and the artic corridor), from L.A. to Istambul (planning to reach Tokyo).

When I'll get planes able to do the NY-LON trip (anyone knows what is the necessary range?) I'll shut down all the regular airports and I'll left only the red ones.

Then I'll make "blue" corridors south to Argentina, South Africa and Australia to have corridors to any part of the world and then be able to reach any world event.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oo I have a problem. Sometimes it won't let me load layovers AT ALL. Like, i try to pick up a passenger that's on layover but it's greyed out, as if i couldn't load it. But other people I can load, just not that layover. Plane isn't full and it's a passenger plane, mind you, like I said, other people are fine. Deleting the layover still has it greyed out. Exiting the menu then of course deletes the job, even with no job-change inbetween... Am I the only one who has observes this? Sucks when you cab't pick up a few thousands worth of coins due to some random glitch -.-

And it's also not all layovers, right now I took a screen of it, will upload once home.

1. Entry: cargo to cairo, no layover, not greyed
2. Entry: cargo to munich, layover, greyed out
3. Enty: cargo to calgary, layover, not greyed out

Sucks because a) i lose money b) takes up layovers

Hige

When I'll get planes able to do the NY-LON trip (anyone knows what is the necessary range?) I'll shut down all the regular airports and I'll left only the red ones.
Pearjet barely makes it at 2239 mile range (3 fuel upgrades), so I guess around 2220 miles or so?

Oo I have a problem. Sometimes it won't let me load layovers AT ALL. Like, i try to pick up a passenger that's on layover but it's greyed out, as if i couldn't load it. But other people I can load, just not that layover. Plane isn't full and it's a passenger plane, mind you, like I said, other people are fine. Deleting the layover still has it greyed out. Exiting the menu then of course deletes the job, even with no job-change inbetween... Am I the only one who has observes this? Sucks when you cab't pick up a few thousands worth of coins due to some random glitch -.-

And it's also not all layovers, right now I took a screen of it, will upload once home.

1. Entry: cargo to cairo, no layover, not greyed
2. Entry: cargo to munich, layover, greyed out
3. Enty: cargo to calgary, layover, not greyed out

Sucks because a) i lose money b) takes up layovers
Have you closed down any airports? The game doesn't delete layovers that are waiting to go to airports that have been shut down and they stay greyed out. That's the only thing I can think of that might be a problem.

Top Bottom