• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

senador

Banned
edit: was checking my achievements list and the Transatlantic one didn't register for some reason, even though I got the in-game pop-up when I first did it. :(

Same for me. I flew Recife to Lagos for the first time last night. Got pop up, didn't register in GC.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I still haven't a clue about layovers. They scare the hell out of me.

Say you have a Nice class 2 plane with lots of seats, perfect for that trip across the Atlantic. But it can't land at crummy class 1 airports, and you can't always get enough customers for your big plane. So you leave it in say NY, and use smaller planes to bring customers that want to go to eg London. Instead of flying them all the way to London, you fly to new york and pull them off the plane. They then become layovers. Once you've collected enough to fill your big plane, you load up and fly them all to London, getting your 25% bonus for a full flight too

The trick is managing them.

Say you have a Nice class 2 plane with lots of seats, perfect for that trip across the Atlantic. But it can't land at crummy class 1 airports, and you can't always get enough customers for your big plane. So you leave it in say NY, and use smaller planes to bring customers that want to go to eg London. Instead of flying them all the way to London, you fly to new york and pull them off the plane. They then become layovers. Once you've collected enough to fill your big plane, you load up and fly them all to London, getting your 25% bonus for a full flight too

The trick is managing them.

Thanks for the explanation!

Apeboy

Woohoo! Up to rank 34 in #gafair. Wonder if I can break the top twenty before it ends???

Broke onto top 40. I'm one part away from a P-40 but haven't seen a mystery part in forever, let alone the one I need.

Now trying to lay the ground work with planes and airport upgrades to jump on next event without over extending myself.

Looks like wx changing in Mumbai. This would be not good.

6udpY.png

Yes!

(Couldn't even get those bux because it popped in my temp Australian hub.)

I've been saving high Bux trips by keeping them in layover status.

InertiaXr

Do you actually know that, or is it just a guess?

Just a guess, most remote city in the game :)

I hope it's NYC or London or somewhere that most people probably already have unlocked, so we can see how many packages people can deliver with their full fleets going at it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just expanded from Australia into Indonesia and China. So the event had better be in Asia :mad:

I dob't think they want to do events close together, so people will have to expand for it/people who just do temporary hubs have to do it everytime. My money's on africa.

Is anyone else missing achievements? My 'People Mover' achievement is stuck at 99% and I don't have the 'Growing Fleet' achievement. I received messages in the game, but nothing in Game Center. Game Center has been acting up lately, so that may have something to do with it. Is there a way to 'resync' achievements so I don't have to restart?

eeenmachine

a developer of very popular and awesome games
Is anyone else missing achievements? My 'People Mover' achievement is stuck at 99% and I don't have the 'Growing Fleet' achievement. I received messages in the game, but nothing in Game Center. Game Center has been acting up lately, so that may have something to do with it. Is there a way to 'resync' achievements so I don't have to restart?

The update we just submitted minutes ago has some award fixes, and the ability to reset them so they can be re-earned correctly (you won't lose progress towards current awards).

I sure hope the prize is better for the next Global Event. I plane I already got the parts for several times over and never wanted to build isn't much of an incentive Especially as up to 100 bux was the starting prize.

Apeboy

I sure hope the prize is better for the next Global Event. I plane I already got the parts for several times over and never wanted to build isn't much of an incentive Especially as up to 100 bux was the starting prize.

I'm winding down on the global event. Made into GAFAir top 20 and got the parts for the P-40 with one part to spare. Now time to deal with the aftermath of over extending myself and spending coin on airports I may never use again along with taking a loss on many flights.

I kinda agree the rewards might not be worth it but only if you are on the other side of the planet from the destination. I doubt anyone will be far from the next one.

Excellent job Alpha as well as everyone who contributed to the goal. I exhausted myself getting over 900 jobs :( We may have fell back but it was a solid effort. Here's onto the next task!!

I'm winding down on the global event. Made into GAFAir top 20 and got the parts for the P-40 with one part to spare. Now time to deal with the aftermath of over extending myself and spending coin on airports I may never use again along with taking a loss on many flights.

I kinda agree the rewards might not be worth it but only if you are on the other side of the planet from the destination. I doubt anyone will be far from the next one.
I will be. I closed down all my NA operations for this Australian one. I think I might be closing shop on this one again...

Edit: Final flight blob operation:
tumblr_m5xjbqwRAn1qghnumo1_500.png

MicH

#6 in GAFAir. Pretty nice. Also slowly closing up the smaller airports in Australia - only keeping Sidney or Melbourne.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got a measly 183 jobs (#49 in crew) to Brisbane but at least it was something! Didn't manage to get all the mystery parts (some of them were popping on the other side of the world, I actually got 3 in Australia but one was a repeat), now I'm curious to know what happens to them since they're sitting as layovers atm. 1 minute left to know!

Can we get an event in a blue city please, decommissioning a birchcraft for this event is terrible. Thank god I kept some Mohawks in the hangar.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My European activity as of now consists of 2 Pearjets and a route from London to Tehran in Asia. Closing up shop in Australia so I'll move some Mohawks to Europe to truly expand and also help with the Casablanca event.

So most people are holding Class 2+ planes? I guess I've done it the other way around: I'm only hold 2 Pearjets, but a full fleet of Kangaroos just for these events.

So most people are holding Class 2+ planes? I guess I've done it the other way around: I'm only hold 2 Pearjets, but a full fleet of Kangaroos just for these events.

The first day we got decimated I did away with class 1 everything. I keep a kangaroo and some Mohawks for events, soon as I'm class 3 capable every single one of these birchcrafts are getting scrapped..

Top Bottom