• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Planes |OT| ...and don't call me Shirley (iOS, Universal) #GAFAIR crew

coldfoot

Banned
Feature request:
If carrying a full load, and it's all going to the same airport and it's within the range of the plane, there should be a fifth button to automatically route the plane without opening the map screen. The button would be grayed out if the conditions are not met.

Chopper

That's my question... With Tiny Tower you just add floors. What happens when you max out the world? Short of Micromanaging tiny airports.
The problem is, you'd be limited by the max no. of airports allowed for your level as opposed to your money or bux influx. Both are very easy to come by, and making suitable amounts of cash to buy a red airport once a day is easy as early as level 12. The only pull is better airplanes, but they'll only speed up your income.

Lan_97

So it seems like the more cities I add, the less number of jobs there will be for any single city in a job list. It feels a bit counterintuitive in that it's optimal to only have a few Red cities spread apart rather than spreading out your airline empire.

Yeah... having reached asia... not really feeling it anymore :/

I think it might have been a bit better if only class 3 could make the world trip, but now that I can, not seeing the carrot on the stick to keep going lol.

Had my fun. tipped Nimble $5 for keeping me addicted for a whole week.

Cheaper than most drug habits!

I'm currently operating in the USA but I think I have enough cash to buy Casablanca and a nearby small airport. If I do that and pull a plane out of the hanger and assign it there can I participate in the event? I need those bux

yamo

Not recieved any rewards at all from any of the Global Events so far, even though I am a #GAFAIR flight crew member. Is it enough to just be a member or do you actively have to help out on the global events to recieve anything?

Also, if anyone is sitting on the Controls for a Kangaroo-C without no use, send em my way :) Been looking for a couple of days without no luck. Same username on Game Center as on GAF.

Hige

Not recieved any rewards at all from any of the Global Events so far, even though I am a #GAFAIR flight crew member. Is it enough to just be a member or do you actively have to help out on the global events to recieve anything?
You have to deliver at least 5 passengers and/or cargo to the global event location to be eligible for a prize.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Also, if anyone is sitting on the Controls for a Kangaroo-C without no use, send em my way :) Been looking for a couple of days without no luck. Same username on Game Center as on GAF.

See one post above yours. 5 deliveries per event. (and yes, every event until they change it, for Mike :p )

Opened Madrid/Casablanca.

Trying to expand from Asia through India and Turkey, having trouble balancing flights and revenue with Class 2 planes.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow screw Touch Arcade. There has to be a way to balance that out somehow.

I'm at least able to contribute to this one.

They could adjust it to be per capita, so coins/xp divided by number of players. Going by pure volume isn't great for the small guy, but I guess it keeps the big sites marketing the game to get crew ;)

senador

Banned
They could adjust it to be per capita, so coins/xp divided by number of players. Going by pure volume isn't great for the small guy, but I guess it keeps the big sites marketing the game to get crew ;)

Yeah probably great for NimbleBit. I'm OK with that if its helping them out. At the same time though, I'd have a lot more fun and motivation with the globals if they were more closely matched.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
First event I'm contibuting too. My operations in Europe makes this one that I can do with ease. Got two class 1 planes going back and forth between Casablanca and Madrid and lots of planes dropping people off in Madrid.

I don't think I am uprooting from Oz this time, but I will build a offshoot operation for Casablanca when I get the chance

I think I should have good global reach for the next global event

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Getting a real backlog of layovers in new York. My birchcraft are brining them in faster than my planes can clear them out, because I have to take slower planes around the 'north circle' to get to Europe. I can just about keep up if I have all my smaller planes on the go, but then there is no capacity left for the European operations. I have 11 planes and don't want to expand just yet, I'd rather save my pennies for airports

Big request for next update: Can you guys please make the drop-down notification (there are new jobs, there's new stuff in the market, etc.) come down not over the VERY TOP BAR (the one that lists all the important stuff like the city you're in, the number of seats available, when the jobs update), but over the BAR BELOW IT (which is just a list of headers that we already have memorized: Destination, Item, Payment).

It's getting frustrating trying to figure out how to load my plane when a notification comes down every ten seconds, and I lose my count.

Or perhaps the notification bar could simply slide down and push the information bar over the header bar?

Big request for next update: Can you guys please make the drop-down notification (there are new jobs, there's new stuff in the market, etc.) come down not over the VERY TOP BAR (the one that lists all the important stuff like the city you're in, the number of seats available, when the jobs update), but over the BAR BELOW IT (which is just a list of headers that we already have memorized: Destination, Item, Payment).

It's getting frustrating trying to figure out how to load my plane when a notification comes down every ten seconds, and I lose my count.

Or perhaps the notification bar could simply slide down and push the information bar over the header bar?

I have had the same issue countless times... I thought something like this would be a good fix.

VEUhK.jpg

It could slide in from the right, for about five seconds or something like that.

FerranMG

Yep, also mentioned that to eeen (I think) a couple of pages ago.
It's the only major issue I have with the interface. Besides that, I think it's really good.

A few more sorting options wouldn't hurt. The ability to have all layover stuff and stuff on the plane on the top of the list would help a ton.

Also ability to default the map view to a different zoom level would be great.

usability is pretty bad when you start having a lot of airports and planes. The key reason of why I stopped playing is because shit is too much of a hassle to manage constantly. The game also chugs :/

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Currently I'm trying to acquire as many red cities as possible. Since I started in Europe I'm heading east until I can fly transatlantic between London and New York in one flight.

So, my question is: at what level do the class 3 planes unlock? Currently at level 13.

Currently I'm trying to acquire as many red cities as possible. Since I started in Europe I'm heading east until I can fly transatlantic between London and New York in one flight.

So, my question is: at what level do the class 3 planes unlock? Currently at level 13.

You can do a trans-atlantic with Class 2 planes starting with the Pearjet at Lvl 14.

What do you get at level 12 and 13 then? Not being able to fly direct is starting to hurt, as my class 1 planes are too slow to keep up with demand from layovers

Can't remember exactly now. Probably something like the Equinox or Birchcraft if you don't already have em already.

The cost of the Pearjet is rather expensive though. It's 98 Bux for the parts to build and then upgrade to max range.

Top Bottom