• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

4chan's /vp/ thread says it's past the E4, now. Prepare for imminent post-game spoilers!

There's a live-blog, chronologically-ordered, on Serebii right now. I'm using that to track progress ATM, though Pokejungle's got a categorical live-blog right now.

The Lamp

I'm shocked. People actually care about the story in Pokemon? I know Black & White had a better story than usual but...still....wow. To me the novelty was just finding new Pokemon (which is probably why BW2 doesn't seem that interesting to me right now).

THIS PLASMA BATTLE THEME IS AMAZING! HOLY ASS-CRACKERS!

Started as fast power metal, changed into heavier stuff, and then into hard techno-rock! Ichinose for life!

Ooh: nice usage of Emotion, too.

Berordn

Oh holy shit.

Someone please tell me there's a music rip, floating around out there. New soundtrack cannot come soon enough.

Going to be a while before that happens, unfortunately. But a good deal of the new music sounds really-good, especially the new gym arrangements and, of course, Team Plasma.

Kokonoe

Banned
Someone spoiled who the champion is for this game for me. Black and White 2 is my least anticipated Pokemon game yet, but still.

Either way, the way people made it sound, it sounded like it was something much more significant.

Low expectations on the new stuff, guys. It helps a lot.

Some people think that the area the stream just went to (cave with a DW (?) Poke) might be a sign of Secret Bases in this game. Fascinating.

Figures. Some of the information coming from 4chan and the live-blogs is probably going to be disproven later, since it's all second-hand from 2ch outside of the stream(s).

Best to wait this day out before anything can be confirmed.

Here's an interesting thing.

When you encounter Black/ White Kyurem, Pokebeach reckons that you can't catch it.
We've also heard nothing about the region defrosting, or anything about N.
Very strange...

Here's an interesting thing.

When you encounter Black/ White Kyurem, Pokebeach reckons that you can't catch it.
We've also heard nothing about the region defrosting, or anything about N.
Very strange...

Well, we do know that
the Zorua that's given to you as a gift is from N.

Serebii's saying that the player can receive N's
Sigilyph
. Hmm. We're going to have some conflicting logs, no doubt.

Time for Clay's Gym theme. God is this great. Low brass and slap-bass. It sounds like an old remix of Needle Man's theme I listen to every now and then.

Berordn

Either way, not being able to catch Kyurem at least points to there being an actual postgame this time. That's enough to look forward to, personally.

That Driftveil Gym remix is great. Really liking the different variations on the gym themes.

What was the Castelia Gym like? Missed it on the stream. Has the puzzle changed at all?

If I got Pokemon Black, should I get White 2?

Also I'll be starting with Snivvy for sure this time. I hope there are more double/triple battles as well.

Berordn

If I got Pokemon Black, should I get White 2?

Also I'll be starting with Snivvy for sure this time. I hope there are more double/triple battles as well.

The story from the previous version continues with the same color, if that concerns you at all.

Castelia's theme was cave-like, mimicking the whole silk-web look and mechanics of the gym.

Nimbasa's theme was total Lady Gaga-style backing beats, with a lot of '90s-esque backing beats and sound samples.

This one, of course, is just great.

Holy shit, so every gym has its own gym music arrangement?! Fuck yeah!
I liked this kind of specific arrangement better than unique Gym Battle arrangements, of which there aren't any. Total wildman.

That's not a conflicting report, no. Wasn't explicitly referring to that, though.

So it looks like the theory that N released all his Pokémon each time he battled you is basically confirmed then.

I claim his Scraggy.

tumblr_lx5lqyG19e1qaa7gwo1_400.jpg

SDevil would like to have a talk with you about custody over said Scraggy, Exter!

These gym theme rearrangements are so unique and interesting. I wonder who did each one.

Pokemon World Tournament music is pretty cool. Sounds like a Kageyama piece, though it's hard to tell with the brassier themes.

I think I'm finally getting to listen to the actual Rival music, now (or perhaps a Tournament variant). It sounds a good deal better.

This tidbit about Random Matchup from Serebii makes me super happy: "A new feature of the Random Matchup and Tournaments prevents you from battling for a while if you disconnect on your opponent"

Do we know anything else about Random Wifi?

Top Bottom