• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

30tjip5.gif

I love waking up to glorious spoilers.

I actually hope that Hoenn isn't post-game and gets its own remake on the 3DS. It's just too vibrant to be as empty as Kanto in G/S.

Soon after you beat the 7th gym leader, the world freezes. Unknown if it’s just parts of Unova, or the entire map: by the way the poster phrases it, it could very well be a world-wide freeze.

Those are some high stakes.

NTom64

Is
Hoenn
actually confirmed to be in? I seem to remember one of the devs saying that they're definitely not putting any of the
other regions
in the game...

Is
Hoenn
actually confirmed to be in? I seem to remember one of the devs saying that they're definitely not putting any of the
other regions
in the game...

One of the devs did say that, but GF's like Ridley Scott: sometimes they bend the truth so that surprises are more effective.

Randdalf

When I bought my import copy of HG/SS from a shop near me (long story short, a games shop that sold import copies of American DS games before they came out in America) the guy warned me that it was region-locked, yet it played fine on all 3 of my DSes. This game is apparently region-locked, but is it really?

ffdgh

oh wow unova really is
frozen

and please gf, if you love contrary snivy,i hope you made earth power compatible with it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
When I bought my import copy of HG/SS from a shop near me (long story short, a games shop that sold import copies of American DS games before they came out in America) the guy warned me that it was region-locked, yet it played fine on all 3 of my DSes. This game is apparently region-locked, but is it really?

Yes.

HG/SS weren't region-locked. That guy was misinformed. BW/B2W2 are.

I wish they'd release a (cheap) Pokemon box app for the 3DS that all DS/3DS pokemon games could access, would make mass-transferring between games so much easier.

clemenx

Banned
With only reading this thread for BW info I think (postgame speculation)
The difficulty increase for the postgame basically implies Hoenn, or at least a bigger area after the game, imo. HOLY SHIT I LOVE POKEMON

PK Gaming

Holy shit,
Fire Punch
MIGHT be a move tutor for Haxorus.

With that move Haxorus could become a tremendous threat. (holy shiiiiiiiit)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gym Leaders!

Cheren - Patrat (Lv. 11) e Lillipup (Lv. 13);
Homika - Koffing (Lv. 16) e Whirlipede (Lv. 18);
Burgh - Swadloon (Lv. 22), Dwebble (Lv. 22) e Leavanny (Lv. 24);
Elesa - Emolga (Lv. 28), Flaafy (Lv. 28), Zebstrika (Lv. 30);
Clay - Krokorok (Lv. 31), Sandslash (Lv. 31), Excadrill (Lv. 33);
Skyla - Swoobat (Lv. 37), Skarmory (Lv. 37), Swanna (Lv. 39);
Drayden - Druddigon (Lv. 46), Flygon (Lv. 46), Haxorus (Lv. 48);
Shizui - Carracosta (Lv. 49), Wailord (Lv. 49), Jellicent (Lv. 51).

PK Gaming

Honestly I don't even think Roost is necessary on Poison Heal Gliscor, but that remains to be seen. The most effective (and annoying) PH Gliscor's tend to utilize substitute or protect for free healing.

*Sees thread, reads through, sees game changing mechanics, new battle screen display, main game plot*

And...at the games still got me playing dayum.

PK Gaming

4th move tutors

Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick Room, Stealth Rock, Endeavor, Skill Swap

Stealth Rocks for everyone!

(Stealth Rock / Roost on poison heal Gliscor. :eek:)

PK Gaming

Yeah.

Revised list:

Worry Seed, Gastro Acid, Helping Hand, After You, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Spite, Recycle, Trick, Stealth Rocks, OUTRAGE, Endeavor, Sleep Talk, Skill Swap, Snatch.

gogo trick Chandelure and Dragon Dance Salamence with Outrage (with Moxie).

Oh god I'm getting sucked into Pokemon hype again. So much so that I'm going to go out and re-buy Black b/c I never finished it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Stealth Rock omnipresence again. Single most annoying move in the game.

Whoa. Shit: the craziest things are happening now. A great percussive rearrange of the RSE Wild Pokemon Battle theme,
le freezing
, and now frickin' keys man. Better repel functions? Check, too!

This is going to be fun.

PK Gaming

This is why Haxorus needs to get Fire Punch.

+2 Fire Punch vs standard Skarmory: 86.8% - 102.4% (clean kill with Stealth Rock)

Top Bottom