• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

TheOGB

Banned
Alder looks old to me. Case in point,
if he were actually a young badass instead of an old badass he wouldn't have sprained his foot when he jumped off a cliff. :p

Berordn

All his artwork and appearances in the anime give him old man lines on his face too.

800px-Alder_anime.png

welp, according to 4chan, the female character from BW1/Touko is
back.

It changes on which gender you pick. If you pick the male character, you'll see Hilda and viceversa

edit: Honestly, it might be BS...

Edit #2: >20:00; The previous game's playable character is
out looking for N

Sianos

Being able to transfer Pokemon as soon as you get the C-Gear is he biggest deal for me. SLOWPOKE HERE WE COME. <333

Being able to transfer in the early-game is something Masuda would never do. This new director just wants to give players a lot of freedom, which is the right thing to do with stuff like transferring.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Are the new player characters supposed to look so much like the ones from B/W?

I wonder if it's sequenced, too, which would explain why everything sounds like it was recorded live.

Aspertia City's music actually developed a bit more than I thought (little difference, though), but there's a new piano piece at the start as well.

If there's one thing that this generation of Pokemon has done best (aside from being an awesome game in general), it's shown us how epic the 3DS generation will sound. The music in BW (and from what I've heard in B2W2) is personally my favourite in the franchise (with GS/HGSS a close second) and all the new things they did with the music in BW impressed me so much. I personally can't wait to hear what they do in Gen VI.

Seems to me that the big loose ends that haven't been tidied up are the previous MCs, and various legendaries which have been hinted at.

BW2 certainly seem to have much fuller postgames than BW did.

If there's one thing that this generation of Pokemon has done best (aside from being an awesome game in general), it's shown us how epic the 3DS generation will sound. The music in BW (and from what I've heard in B2W2) is personally my favourite in the franchise (with GS/HGSS a close second) and all the new things they did with the music in BW impressed me so much. I personally can't wait to hear what they do in Gen VI.

I agree.

Besides the music, I also like the "epic-ness" of it. In other words, the camera angles when you're walking around and in cutscenes kind of gives the game a much bigger scope.

The music's not the only sound aspect that's impressive. Kageyama and Ichinose have been hard at work on the gradual layering of channels and sounds in-game, and places like Tourmaline Cave and Chargestone Cave now have additional sound touches (for example: the music going down a key every time you go down a floor). Cool stuff.

Post-game is also rumored to be interesting, and it'll probably be the more interesting part of the game.

More details on getting the cover legendaries inbound. Indeed:
you go meet N at his ruined castle on Victory Road&#8212;then it's off to Dragonspiral Tower to capture either Zekrom or Reshiram, before meeting Kyurem in the Giant Chasm and, ultimately, fusing the two together for the final product. Then you fight something Kyurem
!

In other words: something more involved than normal.

More details on getting the cover legendaries inbound. Indeed:
you go meet N at his ruined castle on Victory Road—then it's off to Dragonspiral Tower to capture either Zekrom or Reshiram, before meeting Kyurem in the Giant Chasm and, ultimately, fusing the two together for the final product. Then you fight something Kyurem
!

In other words: something more involved than normal.

If that's the case...
Why do Hilbert/ Hilda not have their dragon any more?

Can't tell who would have done this arrangement of the title track. Ichinose's done similar stuff in the past, and so has Kageyama. Either way, a lot of the other stuff sounds like Ichinose, though there's still no way to confirm this stuff.

The Elite 4 Rematches in CHALLENGE MODE.

Elite Four Member (Ghost-type): Cofagrigus Lv. 77, Gengar Lv. 77, Froslass Lv. 77, Drifblim Lv. 77, Golurk Lv. 77, Chandelure Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Dark-type); Tyranitar Lv. 77, Houndoom Lv. 77, Scrafty Lv. 77, Honchkrow Lv. 77, Krookodile Lv. 77, Bisharp Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Psychic-type); Musharna Lv. 77, Alakazam Lv. 77, Reuniclus Lv. 77, Gothitelle Lv. 77, Gallade Lv. 77, Metagross Lv. 79
Elite Four Member (Fighting-type); Throh Lv. 77, Sawk Lv. 77, Mienshao Lv. 77, Machamp Lv. 77, Lucario Lv. 77, Conkeldurr Lv. 79

Izayoi

Banned
Champion challenge mode.

Champion Iris; Hydreigon Lv. 81, Salamence Lv. 81, Aggron Lv. 81, Archeops Lv. 81, Lapras Lv. 81 Haxorus Lv. 83

Boogiepop

Should I be concerned that we still haven't heard anything about a Battle Frontier? I really, really hope they didn't decide the World Championship or w/e was a suitable replacement or anything.

Top Bottom