• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
iOPNO4klLp4tj.gif

Wiseblade

But wasn't he
Champion
in Emerald? Sorta makes sense.

Yes, and it was the dumbest thing ever,
Lance fillertext
was exactly the same way. They're jokes who don't deserve to be counted among the greats like
Steven Stone and Cynthia

Mr. Fix

Yes, and it was the dumbest thing ever,
Lance fillertext
was exactly the same way. They're jokes who don't deserve to be counted among the greats like
Steven Stone and Cynthia

I feel the same way. Also, no Silver in the World Tournament? Blasphemy, I say!

Whoa. Holy shit. I wake up, the ROMs are out, and the music's getting ripped!

These Hoenn battle themes, to start out, lack the power of the originals. But, to counter that, there are a lot of interesting new arrangement details that make me love these arrangements.

New story details for the early-game up on live-blogs everywhere.

Hmm. Quality's going up and down overall, but there seem to be a lot of Ichinose pieces and a couple of Kageyama arranges. Overall, though, I love what they've done to make unique, techno arrangements of these battle arrangements. Probably Masuda's idea! The only real disappointment came around when they decided to include DPPt battle music, though I still love the Lake Guardians theme from those games (as opposed to the Legendary battle theme).

Ghetsis lost a good deal of his splendor for this battle theme, but holy shit is it more active than before.

Merciful Christ, I can't handle all this music.

Whoever came up with that Ghetsis theme, both original and new version, is an awesome, awesome person.

Ichinose. Very Ichinose to me, anyway. Though all of these battle themes are ultimately based off of a compositional menu given by Masuda. Some of this will have been arranged Ichinose, Sato (the two of them together!), Kageyama, and maybe even Adachi. I expect a lot of diverse credits from this album, though I could always be wrong.

Esura

Banned
I have a question about the Champion.
Is Iris the Champion in all the versions or is she only champ in one and Drayden in another?

Berordn

I have a question about the Champion.
Is Iris the Champion in all the versions or is she only champ in one and Drayden in another?

I don't think it's been confirmed either way yet. For what it's worth,
Iris
has a unique battle theme that sounds VERY much like it would suit them, but nothing for
Drayden
has surfaced yet.

Turns out that Join Avenue connects Route 4 to Nimbasa City now. Furthermore: Seigaiha City is a new city in East Unova, connected to Undella via the oft-seen Marine Tube.

"cute" is never a word that should describe a champion's theme.
Your call, dude. But this champion theme is off the rocks—it's really good, and it'll be just like that one Rival Battle theme in B/W that everyone loathed until they listened to it multiple times.

Elesa's old gym in Nimbasa has been converted to a general trainer hide-out, where you can battle for shits and giggles—then it's off to her new pad.

Top Bottom