• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Cheren: Will tell you the types and abilities of the pokemon in your party.

Well that's useful!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Cheren is both the normal type gym leader AND the champion... deliberately holding back as a gym leader and specializing in the normal type to "test" trainers, while going all out at the pokemon league with his real team.

It would throw everyone off guard, that's for sure. :p

Just doesn't make sense for him to be an early gym leader with a type specialization, you know?

Izayoi

Banned
2798693590glt.png

Also, the clearest (official) shot of the map so far.

13402575865820n93i.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bah, the Gym Leaders (outside of the two new ones) are very disappointing.

Burgh just switched his Swadloon with Whirlipede. :/

GaimeGuy

What they should do from now on is just make Cynthia the champion of every region. For the lulz

Izayoi

Banned
Actual possible spoilers for potential E4 members, just a heads-up.

Rumor has it that
the missing Gym Leaders will be in the E4 in some capacity, which means Iris and possibly the Striation Trio.

GaimeGuy

Rumor has it that
the missing Gym Leaders will be in the E4 in some capacity, which means Iris and possibly the Striation Trio.

oh boy...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Would be pretty cool.

Grass, Fire, Water, Dragon, and perhaps...Volkner as the champion? The basic 4 Elemental types and Dragon, which resists all of them.

TheOGB

Banned

Rumor has it that
Old E4 become new Battle Frontier heads?

Busaiku

Rumor has it that

But clearly that's not possible, since they're the Shadow Triad!

gosox333

I doubt those rumors are for real. We only just got the first real info from people getting the games. If somebody had gotten that far into the game, we would have been hearing stuff from them throughout the rest of their playthrough.

TheOGB

Banned
So I went to 4chan to see if anything was going on....

>Cory in the House roms
>getting used to seeing green text again
>quoting things with an arrow myself

nope. bedtime.

gosox333

Holy fuck they like their Cory in the House over there. I knew of the joke, but I guess I've never seen it in full effect. Jesus Christ...

Izayoi

Banned
Well, it uses the right soundfont, and it certainly sounds professional, so take it as you will.

Do be aware that
we know Steven in is the national championship or whatever, so it's possible that this is what plays when you're fighting him.

Izayoi

Banned
Repel can now be used again without going into the menu. After it runs out, it asks you "Repel's effect ran out. Use another one? Y/N?"

OMG

Also, World Tournament = Battle Frontier confirmed.

The game asks you if you want to use
another repel automatically when your
current one runs out.

OKAY I LIED NOW I'M GOING TO SLEEP

GaimeGuy

omg move tutor <3

elemental punches oh how i missed you

:D

I feel like they should have focussed on greatly expanding the movepool for B&W 2 though.

Gen 1 had 165 moves for 151 pokemon

Gen V has 559 moves for 649 pokemon.

Something as simple as giving each evolutionary line its own signature move (branching evolutions get different exclusives) would go a long way.

Wiseblade

Bulba-twitter said:
You can continuously use repel until you run out in your inventory. No need to keep selecting it after the first one wears off.

i5D7htGOcvzRp.gif

Game of the FOREVER!

:D

I feel like they should have focussed on greatly expanding the movepool for B&W 2 though.

Gen 1 had 165 moves for 151 pokemon

Gen V has 559 moves for 649 pokemon.

Something as simple as giving each evolutionary line its own signature move (branching evolutions get different exclusives) would go a long way.

It's not really practical to do that this generation though. The games still need to maintain a level of compatability with BW1.

Top Bottom