• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black and White Version 2 Japanese |OT| A New Masuda Method

I am liking the fact that they're dipping into the more obscure and unusual Pokémon from previous generations for the regional Dex.

Burgh should have had a Vespiquen rather than a
Swadloon
, though. :(

I am liking the fact that they're dipping into the more obscure and unusual Pokémon from previous generations for the regional Dex.

Burgh should have had a Vespiquen rather than a
Swadloon
, though. :(

Pokedex numbers 150 - 300 are all Qwilfish. Qwilfish, Qwilfish, Qwilfish.

SgtCobra

After some hiatus of everything related to Pokémon, I decided to come back, and I'm loving it. Playing Black and White was a blast, can't wait for B&W2 specially if
they included Hoenn, omgggihfwfbovufddsflk the memories of playing Ruby :'(..
it's probably not true though, wouldn't this be leaked by now?

Also does someone know how big B&W2 is in comparison with the other games? I remember Crystal being really big, haven't played HG/SS yet.

beje

Banned
F5'ing the fuck out of this thread.

After some hiatus of everything related to Pokémon, I decided to come back, and I'm loving it. Playing Black and White was a blast, can't wait for B&W2 specially if
they included Hoenn, omgggihfwfbovufddsflk the memories of playing Ruby :'(..
it's probably not true though, wouldn't this be leaked by now?

Also does someone know how big B&W2 is in comparison with the other games? I remember Crystal being really big, haven't played HG/SS yet.

HG/SS are probably the biggest ones, but they're also the most boring and uninspired looking, with all routes looking almost the same and most of them being awfully short and empty. Original Gameboy could only do so much, they did wizardry to fit that much in a single cart. Gens 3 and 4 in the other hand have less towns/cities/routes than HG/SS (not that many actually, Gen 2 plays with the illusion of 2 regions to appear to be huge) but they're a little more themed and varied.

Gen 5 in the other hand looks the smallest region with the least locations, but routes are actually really long and the most varied of the whole series (plus the transformations they have with seasons), and that goes overboard with the addition of something like 7 or 8 more places to visit in BW2, what makes for more than half of a region worth of new stuff.

More Pokemon found in the game: Ratatta, Grimer, and Zubat. Yes, that’s right. Zubats are back.

ZUBAT FUCK YEAH.

:/

EDIT: Skyla's Team:
Swoobat Lv.37
Skarmory Lv.37
Swanna Lv.39

Nice level bump. Might not be a pushover now!

Salsa

It is said that after completing the game, you receive a key which will switch the game between three difficulties. Normal, Assist which lowers the difficulty and Challenge which increases it.

and that's that. We wont get a bigger megaton than this.

Holy crap

Salsa

gotta love how this thread is being blown away by gameplay implementations that have been available in literally every single game in another series from the last 10 years or even a lot more :p

<3 pokemon <3

Wasn't this "key" referenced in one of the 'Iwata Asks' interviews? I'm sure it was implied that for people who had played and completed B/W, a key could be unlocked that would change the world... So maybe if you link saves you can unlock it sooner?

Kokonoe

Banned
Someone should make an Action Replay code that unlocks it.

I think it's interesting they're finally doing this, but they could have put it in the last game.

Iwata: By the way Mr.Masuda, a little while back you mentioned “a little something” that you couldn’t fit into Black and White. Just what is it?

Masuda: It’s a little something involving a ‘key’ of sorts that you obtain after clearing the game. In contrast to this, the other game is built to unlock this so called ‘key’. Thus, when you play the other game you get a different kind of impression.
Iwata: When you obtain this ‘key’, your motivation to play and experience changes then doesn’t it.
Masuda: Yes. Akin to a ‘key that unclocks [a] strong Pokémon’, once you’ve finished one game we wanted to make it so that you can play the second with a different depth.

I'm guessing the key referenced here is the difficulty changer.

Izayoi

Banned
Well, the ROM got dumped. Get ready for people to gut it and post everything. If you want to avoid story spoilers, now is probably the time to bail out.

So I'm guessing this key is to be transferred to a different game once you've finished the story?

If so, getting White 2 for main play, and Black 2 for Challenge Mode.

Unno: For example, if there was a kid who can’t quite clear the game, a strong player might say “I’ll give you a hand”, and use the ‘key’ to change the world for him. In this sense, the way that the Pokémon world expands like this strongly matches our concept of “complimenting”. Though this feature itself was something I had heard of before the creation of our theme of “complimenting” each other’s games.

Further reading from the 'Iwata Asks' interview suggest that if they are referencing the difficulty changing key, then it might actually be shareable with others. Theoretically, this could mean that someone can make another person's game easier or harder. Hopefully there'll be clarification on this soon. This feature is the most exciting reveal yet!

Delio

Well, the ROM got dumped. Get ready for people to gut it and post everything. If you want to avoid story spoilers, now is probably the time to bail out.

I mostly want to see movepool changes. Hopefully some of my favs pick up some neat things.

Izayoi

Banned
Heatran's chamber.

1340273344005hnlqj.jpg

Chopper

Looks like I decided to check this thread out just in time!

Although, looks as though the thread title should be altered for spoiler warnings...

Top Bottom