• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

ideas to boost the longetivy of next pokemon games for those who arent fussed about EV training (or catching them ALL)

1. contests come back. 8 contest halls, earn 8 contest badges to enter the grand finals with item/doll/pokemon/money prizes
2. underground returns on 3DS with streetpass. everyone you pass's underground and character inhabitating gets added to yours so its constantly expanding.
3. pokemon musicals & pokewood return. in the musical case, have different halls for different levels (maybe 4) and badges to earn.
4. pokelympics from hg/ss return, streetpass everyone elses records to beat in-game. again have a badge/medal system for this and stadiums in different towns that might not have gyms.

the game should push these other features and make them a bit fuller and more of a main quest akin to the badges so there is incentive to do them and not just 'oh some other weird side quest'
they definitely need to add something significant to the post-game content. I enjoyed G/S because it was great to collect all the badges, beat the game, and then have a whole new set of badges and champion to beat. That was good stuff. I'm not saying they need to do the same thing with other regions but they definitely need to offer some sort of major post-game goals other than some battles.

Zee-Row

Banned
I fucking hate that DS games don't work with WPA2 , I have a Verizon router and have no idea what the default password is to change the router settings.

zroid

Banned
So what's the point of Dream World? To buy berries?

You don't buy the berries, you find them, farm them, and transfer them to your games. It's the only place to grow berries in Gen V which is perhaps the one shitty thing about this gen.

You can also find Pokemon (with unique abilities) there and transfer one to your game per day.

I fucking hate that DS games don't work with WPA2 , I have a Verizon router and have no idea what the default password is to change the router settings.

If you're talking about BW then those are compatible with WPA2 as long as you're using a DSi or 3DS.

Teknoman

So what's the point of Dream World? To buy berries?

Berries and Pokemon with different abilities than what are normally available in game.

EDIT: I just realized that Pokemon doesn't trigger spell check in Chrome...and apparently MS Office places the accent over the e when correcting.

Korosenai

My Friend Code's 1421 4519 5503. I'd be happy to fight you right now.

I want to play you sometime too. See how I match up with someone from PokeGAF, though I know i'm going to get completely destroyed.

Also, is anyone else using their Genesect for their playthrough? I really want to, but I don't want to give him messed up ev's.

FSLink

Banned
Berries and Pokemon with different abilities than what are normally available in game.

EDIT: I just realized that Pokemon doesn't trigger spell check in Chrome...and apparently MS Office places the accent over the e when correcting.

Alt Key + 0233 is your friend. :D
é~

and requoting since nobody answered:
So anybody with the Japanese games know if you can transfer Challenge/Assist and the other keys to the US games?
I beat Black 2 in Japanese and would love to start out on Challenge Mode on my English White 2. :p

Neo Child

Banned
i know its drastic but they really need to make super eeffective more like 1.5 not 2x, it makes type advantage too much overkill. and stab 1.25 or something.

Velcro Fly

Pretty much broke in game because Eevee has a 0 catch rate I swear.

Told myself I was not going to trade from my Black game but I'm really sick of damn Eevee having such a low catch rate. I might just trade an egg or something to my Black 2 just to avoid this nonsense.

FSLink

Banned
i know its drastic but they really need to make super eeffective more like 1.5 not 2x, it makes type advantage too much overkill. and stab 1.25 or something.

this and add a slightly different message for double weakness.

CTRL+ALT+E doesn't seem to work in IE7 (shush, I'm at work.) :(

Delio

Guys I really want to use Genesect...but I dont want to completely overpower shit lol. Ugh I think I will use him though..

Neo Child

Banned

this is why we need a laptop on bottom screen

quick access to save, pokedex, items, pokemon (and live pokemon switching to PC and back), transport (bike, skateboard, rollerblades, surfboard) and dowsing machine.

WHY IS THE ABOVE NOT IN A GAME, i mean, how many game freak geniuses does it take to figure out what is best for this series?!?!

Roto13

this is why we need a laptop on bottom screen

quick access to save, pokedex, items, pokemon (and live pokemon switching to PC and back), transport (bike, skateboard, rollerblades, surfboard) and dowsing machine.

WHY IS THE ABOVE NOT IN A GAME, i mean, how many game freak geniuses does it take to figure out what is best for this series?!?!
Assign it to Y

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does Liepard have a special ability? It's got a molecule of life left and it jumped out of 2 pokeballs and 1 great ball. I don't even want Liepard! I just wanted to catch it for completion

When did Mareep get so fat? Not sure what to think of the Rival theme...I kind of like parts of it and other parts I don't like.

Wow, forgot you can get Riolu so early...darnit, I can't resist using Mareep...=(

jman2050

Eh, I think it's balanced well enough around what the current values are. Type advantage is king in this game, and always has been since the black and white GB days.

Quick, someone explain what linking Black and Black 2 is and why I should do it, and if I should do it sooner than later.

Gives you ingame references to your character from Black, unlocks flashbacks for various characters that give extra background detail, let you battle Cheren and Bianca teams based on your Black starter, and enables you to catch N's Pokemon that he released.

Caught a
Riolu

banana.gif

Neo Child

Banned
Eh, I think it's balanced well enough around what the current values are. Type advantage is king in this game, and always has been since the black and white GB days.

i know but im saying its a problem, it makes the battle system rely too much on type weaknesses rather than how well you've trained a pokemon.

MikeMyers

Riolu-Man movie is awesome.

I'm debating between Arcanine or Flareon. I know Arcanine is better, but I have a soft spot for Flareon.

Neo Child

Banned
can someone avatar-ize my avater with a 2?

im getting pokemon white 2 since i got pokemon white 1 so can i get the respective avatar? or even just a transparrent file so i can do it myself {:

Velcro Fly

Why is IR trade taking so long -.-

I just want to trade this Eevee egg.

It says the trade will be started and to please wait a moment.

And it has been that way for like five minutes.

Korosenai

Of course! I'll wait for you to amass an appropriately devestating team, of course ;)

Now if only we could get Gospel in here...
I currently have two ev trained pokemon and that's it lol. I'm not even going to attempt iv training.

And yes, gospel needs to get in here. I'm not even sure if he bought this game.

---------------------------

I have a question.

Can I trade my Genesect from Black 2 to Black 1?

Though I'm already pretty sure the answer is yes.

Roto13

I currently have two ev trained pokemon and that's it lol. I'm not even going to attempt iv training.

And yes, gospel needs to get in here. I'm not even sure if he bought this game.

---------------------------

I have a question.

Can I trade my Genesect from Black 2 to Black 1?

Though I'm already pretty sure the answer is yes.
Yeah, you can. Now I only need one more Pokemon. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just through Chargestone Cave. Team is Genesect (33), Keldeo (35), Sigilyph (34 from DR), Darmanitan (35) and now Jolteon (28). Not sure who'll be the last one added. I thought about the terrible Careful Tornadus Dream Radar gave me, but decided against it.

Top Bottom