• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Exeunt

I think so. I just want an adamant beldum so i can start my game up.

If you can replay those levels multiple times, I think I might hop on the Beldum boat along with you. I don't know how I feel about trading Pokémon over to a play a new game, but this is the Dream Radar after all...

Roto13

Alright GAF, I need your opinion.

I grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Stopped playing the series after crystal and got tired of the new pokemon and new mechanics. But I got heart gold and invested over 150 hours into it because the series has gotten so good and the new features are incredible.

My friend is trying to make me get White 2 so we can trade but I'm not sure.

So my question is, SHOULD I start at Black and White 2 or should I start at Black an White 1?

Black/White 1 and 2 are all compatible with each other. It doesn't really matter where you start. They'll all be able to trade and battle and stuff.

If you can replay those levels multiple times, I think I might hop on the Beldum boat along with you. I don't know how I feel about trading Pokémon over to a play a new game, but this is the Dream Radar after all...

Yeah it just takes a while for the clouds to build up.

Exeunt

Yeah it just takes a while for the clouds to build up.

Ah, doesn't it always? After today I should have a nice set of Play Coins though, so I'll be able to max out my clouds quickly... and hopefully my actual game will arrive soon too! I hope Beldum isn't too hard to catch, since I have yet to upgrade any of my actual capture equipment.

Ah, doesn't it always? After today I should have a nice set of Play Coins though, so I'll be able to max out my clouds quickly... and hopefully my actual game will arrive soon too! I hope Beldum isn't too hard to catch, since I have yet to upgrade any of my actual capture equipment.

What the fuck are play coins? Like I have tornadus T and I don't have a single one.

What the fuck are play coins? Like I have tornadus T and I don't have a single one.

PebWr.jpg

zroid

Banned
if you live in a dense city, maybe. i've gotten one street pass from another person since launch.

I think the optimal zone is somewhere in between. When you get multiple hits every time you step out, it kind of loses its lustre.

The feeling of getting one or two, not knowing if you're going to get any on a particular day is when it's most satisfying.

Of course if you actually never get any then that sucks :(

Growing up my dad never let me own a home console so handhelds became that for me. I come home, wrap up in my sheets, plug in my headphones and play.

I don't actually play games while I'm out, but I always take the 3DS with me. Often if I'm going somewhere I'm likely to get some hits, I'll take both my systems along (eg. the launch event I went to on Saturday. Got about 30 hits then.)

FSLink

Banned
So anybody with the Japanese games know if you can transfer Challenge/Assist and the other keys to the US games?
I beat Black 2 in Japanese and would love to start out on Challenge Mode on my English White 2. :p

TehOh

I saw that there were codes for the Japanese Dream Radar that unlocked three more Pokemon. Where do you enter those codes? I've tried on almost every screen, with no luck.

I saw that there were codes for the Japanese Dream Radar that unlocked three more Pokemon. Where do you enter those codes? I've tried on almost every screen, with no luck.

Did you get the three kami pokemon yet? You can't do it until you accomplish that. Which fucking sucks cuz I really want a beldum for my playthrough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm enjoying the parts of the game where it's the Pokemon I know, but everything else is so underwhelming it kind of makes me want to stop.

Here's the movie studio! Here's the avenue! Here's the online! Here's the other online! Here's the other OTHER online! Here's the breeding!

I just... want to catch and battle.

upandaway

I'm enjoying the parts of the game where it's the Pokemon I know, but everything else is so underwhelming it kind of makes me want to stop.

Here's the movie studio! Here's the avenue! Here's the online! Here's the other online! Here's the other OTHER online! Here's the breeding!

Good thing it's all completely optional!

Some people think the game only starts when you beat the main quest, others just delete their save and go at it again with a different team (Nuzlocke for example). That's part of the fun.

A bunch of the minigame stuff in the recent games does get tedious near the beginning but most of it is just for introduction and is optional (or you just do it once).

Later on you'll be knee deep in battling, catching, training, battling, puzzle solving, cave exploring, battling, and battling. Oh, and battling. Just when you think that trainer looked away for a second BAM they turn and face you. Every. Single. Time.

Neo Child

Banned
ideas to boost the longetivy of next pokemon games for those who arent fussed about EV training (or catching them ALL)

1. contests come back. 8 contest halls, earn 8 contest badges to enter the grand finals with item/doll/pokemon/money prizes
2. underground returns on 3DS with streetpass. everyone you pass's underground and character inhabitating gets added to yours so its constantly expanding.
3. pokemon musicals & pokewood return. in the musical case, have different halls for different levels (maybe 4) and badges to earn.
4. pokelympics from hg/ss return, streetpass everyone elses records to beat in-game. again have a badge/medal system for this and stadiums in different towns that might not have gyms.

the game should push these other features and make them a bit fuller and more of a main quest akin to the badges so there is incentive to do them and not just 'oh some other weird side quest'

So I finally decided to play this game (Practicing TTT2 is hard work) but I hate the starters. Anyone want to trade me (All male) a Chimchar, a Lotad and a Gastly? Thank you!

If anyone doesn't know, Gen V games have no gym badge requirements to use HMs. So if you want to make slaves and trade them over at the beginning, you can.

I found some trainers in the Castelia sewers that were pretty tough by Surfing to places I wasn't yet meant to.

Wow Beast indeed. I just made it to Castelia.

No sidequests or anything done though, just straight through the story. Had to get Easy Mode unlocked and ready to transfer to my younger sister's Black 2 before her birthday party this week.

Though I guess I now have a lot more to do for the endgame. Hell, I didn't even pick up TMs and other items that were literally a few steps away from where I needed to go to advance haha.

Top Bottom