• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Roto13

No, it's definitely a million.
So this may have been covered elsewhere but I can't seem to see it. How does the online work with the 3DS here? Do you still need to set your router to be DS compatible (something about the DS not recognising the security features of modern routers or something) or can you use your 3DS settings?
DSi enhanced games like this one are not limited to WEP security like most DS games when played on 3DS or DSi.

Ragus

Banned
So this may have been covered elsewhere but I can't seem to see it. How does the online work with the 3DS here? Do you still need to set your router to be DS compatible (something about the DS not recognising the security features of modern routers or something) or can you use your 3DS settings?

You can use your 3DS settings. Today, while playing White, I couldn't connect to the internet on my DSi, so I used my 3DS and it worked.

Acrylic7

Cant catch a female Grimmer because this Jackass's Dewot\t is K.O-ing everything :/
Fucking Gamefreak.

Oh wow, it uses Water Spout when the only fire type on the field is my Pokemon :/

Yuripaw

Banned
Well I've made a tough decision...even though I picked up my copy of Black 2 yesterday, I've decided to finish playing Black 1 before I start Black 2. It's gonna be hard staring at it, but I'm gonna enjoy the first game in it's entirety first, heh.

ffdgh

The joint avenue theme is catchy.
Ani_smb3noteblock.gif

I'll enjoy slowly turning it into a training/breeding parasdise.

As a note, I was getting an error earlier when I was trying to connect online, to get my FC. Error code was 20109 - tried resetting several times, nothing.

Then I found out the actual problem, through a random forum post - earlier this year, I sent in my 3DS to be repaired (cracked outer shell), and when it came back, all my settings were as they were, all except for the DS profile settings, which were all blank. To fix that, I changed my birthday and name to something else, and back again, so that my original profile info would be properly set.

Just noting it here, in case others have the same problem.

ffdgh

....I Just met
myself
....as in a pokemon ranger in join avenue from black 1. That was unexpected XD

and apparently my dream is to open a beauty salon....wat?

....I Just met
myself
in join avenue from black 1. That was unexpected XD

Don't spoil stuff like that... :(

....I Just met
myself

Oh, okay. With the edit it's not so bad. At first I thought you meant
the actual main character from 1.

....I Just met
myself

Look deeply into yourself, you know it to be true.

Haven't bought this yet, might do so today. I was trying to figure out a way to get a 3DS XL, but that isn't going to work. Will have to play this either on my 3DS or aging DS Lite. :\

ffdgh

Look deeply into yourself, you know it to be true.

Haven't bought this yet, might do so today. I was trying to figure out a way to get a 3DS XL, but that isn't going to work. Will have to play this either on my 3DS or aging DS Lite. :\

Hmm after reading up on what it does, never expected it to be able to remove certain or all evs depending on what I Choose and increase happiness. I'll embrace this dream now with open arms.
KuGsj.gif

i'm more confused about if this game is a sequel... why the fuck do I need to fill out the pokedex again if the last trainer guy from bw did it already?

Harddrive failures?

i'm more confused about if this game is a sequel... why the fuck do I need to fill out the pokedex again if the last trainer guy from bw did it already?

Harddrive failures?

The story probably follows the idea that your old trainer only filled out the original Unova Pokédex. Your new trainer is supposed to discover all of the "new" old Pokémon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need an app that's just me clicking on a type and it showing its weaknesses. I know the wiki does it, but i want something bigger and quicker

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Braviary actually filled out my team real well, and now I've got basically everything covered. I really do need to replace Koffing eventually though

Kacho

How hard is it to get Squirtle, Charmander, and Blubasaur in Dream World? I've been researching a bit and find it mad confusing.

Roto13

After you leave the new cities it's like there's no good place to hunt Audinos. I'm in Driftveil and there just aren't any good spots for it. Either the grass is right next to water and half the times the dark spots are in the water instead of the grass, or the grass is in arranged in such a way that you can't really run next to it for more than one or two steps, and even if it does start to rustle there's a good chance it'll be rustling like six spaces in and you might not even make it there.

Trying so hard to get this stupid beldum from the dream radar but its taking forever. Havent even got thundurus yet and i wanna start my playthrough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's the point of putting a pokeball in a pokemon's hand? I was hoping they finally fixed the whole fuck i killed it instead of capturing it

Gravijah

the world of Pokemon sure loves slavery. i make multiple movies that gross hundreds of billions of Pokedollars... and all i get is lemonades.

from a fan.

Alright GAF, I need your opinion.

I grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Stopped playing the series after crystal and got tired of the new pokemon and new mechanics. But I got heart gold and invested over 150 hours into it because the series has gotten so good and the new features are incredible.

My friend is trying to make me get White 2 so we can trade but I'm not sure.

So my question is, SHOULD I start at Black and White 2 or should I start at Black an White 1?

Exeunt

Trying so hard to get this stupid beldum from the dream radar but its taking forever. Havent even got thundurus yet and i wanna start my playthrough.

Beldum, huh? So the "Special Parts" Pokémon work with the codes from the Japanese version, do they? And if so, can you play the levels as many times as you want?

Alright GAF, I need your opinion.

I grew up with Red, Blue, Yellow, and Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Stopped playing the series after crystal and got tired of the new pokemon and new mechanics. But I got heart gold and invested over 150 hours into it because the series has gotten so good and the new features are incredible.

My friend is trying to make me get White 2 so we can trade but I'm not sure.

So my question is, SHOULD I start at Black and White 2 or should I start at Black an White 1?

Just start with BW2. They're vast improvements on the already-spectacular BW, and you're not missing too much story-wise.

So good. Haven't really don't anything except picked my starter (Snivy), gotten Genesect (naive), and tried out the dream game. But man, nothing like starting a new Pokemon game.

Won't have much time to play over the next couple of days, but Wednesday its on like Donkey Kong.

Top Bottom