• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Teknoman

Just through Chargestone Cave. Team is Genesect (33), Keldeo (35), Sigilyph (34 from DR), Darmanitan (35) and now Jolteon (28). Not sure who'll be the last one added. I thought about the terrible Careful Tornadus Dream Radar gave me, but decided against it.

You abandoned your starter?

jbtIJ5Yf36SDRL.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What was supposed to happen to Keldeo when transferred to the new games again?

To have to take him to the
Pledge Grove, which is just above Floccesy Town.
Not sure if it opens up early. I ended up taking him back there just after the 5th Gym badge.

You abandoned your starter?

jbtIJ5Yf36SDRL.jpg

I should have went with Tepig, but foolishly picked Oshawott for the third time not realising I would have Keldeo available as soon as I started the game up basically. I enjoy playing through the game, but I'm more about getting through and starting to play around with some of the move tutors.

Velcro Fly

For whatever reason it wasn't letting me flip my internet on on my 3DS. Had to pretty much shut it down and start up with wireless on and then it worked for me.

Time to hatch this Eevee and then decide what I want it to evolve into. Tossup between Espeon and Jolteon. One way or another I'm going to need the type that I don't pick.

ffdgh

If anyone is trying to get join avenue upgraded fast, many people using magnemite to speed up the process. Catch a magnemite then go to gts and hit seek pokemon. Put magnemite for pokemon and the location as the united states since it yields the best results for now. Then search for trainers that want a magnemite, trade and rinse and repeat.

Working well so far. Just need one more shop.

Neo Child

Banned
before the tepig english names were even released i came up with these:

emboar - pignite - porcano (pork & volcano)

i still think tepig is a silly name

For whatever reason it wasn't letting me flip my internet on on my 3DS. Had to pretty much shut it down and start up with wireless on and then it worked for me.

Once you flip the switch to turn the radio off while playing a DS game on the 3DS, you have to go back to the 3DS home menu to turn it back on.

Just got Black 2. In honor of this can someone make my avatar have the 2 from Black 2? :3

LAvRo.png

Did I make that avatar originally? I remember doing one like that, but I think it had a background instead of being transparent.

Aggrotek

Once you flip the switch to turn the radio off while playing a DS game on the 3DS, you have to go back to the 3DS home menu to turn it back on.

LAvRo.png

Did I make that avatar originally? I remember doing one like that, but I think it had a background instead of being transparent.

I don't remember who made it. :lol
Thanks though!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I got it! Gosh I forgot how fricking smooth and advanced the original Black and White made things. Checkmarks in your bag to select multiple items, the different intros when you enter a new town or route, the shaking bushes, the last used in-battle item appearing immediately when you enter the battle menu, etc. So much fine tuning.

Game still feels blazing, once you set the text speed to Fast (and turn animations off I suppose; I left them on cause battles still fly by even with them on.)

I'm kinda facing a conundrum though, I don't really want to catch any Pokemon.
KuGsj.gif
Once I transfer everything from White I'll pretty much have a full 'dex, and I don't feel like training up a bunch of Lillipups and Patrats, I just wanna train up my Oshawott. Maybe that's what I'll do until I need to differentiate with more types and/or need an HM slave.

This will be the first game where I ditch my starter...no love for the Gen V starters so I'll just use some old favs...but now I'm finding it hard to punt Riolu from the team...even with Chimchar around...

I'm kinda facing a conundrum though, I don't really want to catch any Pokemon.
KuGsj.gif
Once I transfer everything from White I'll pretty much have a full 'dex, and I don't feel like training up a bunch of Lillipups and Patrats, I just wanna train up my Oshawott. Maybe that's what I'll do until I need to differentiate with more types and/or need an HM slave.

You might be surprised at the types of Pokemon you can get, before the first gym even.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What the fuck is wrong with this game sometimes? Why does my 27 Sandile get killed in one hit by a 24 Cinccino tail slap? No crits, not super effective, lol dead. And this is far from the first time it's happened. I feel like my pokemon are being scaled down compared to the enemy.

And I would ditch Ohsawott, but I don't know where to find Squirtle

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You might be surprised at the types of Pokemon you can get, before the first gym even.

I've already seen an Azurill and Sunkern, but I already have a water type and I don't like the Sunkern line... >.>

If I see a good fire, grass, and electric types I'll probably bounce on them.

Frost_Ace

What the fuck is wrong with this game sometimes? Why does my 27 Sandile get killed in one hit by a 24 Cinccino tail slap? No crits, not super effective, lol dead. And this is far from the first time it's happened. I feel like my pokemon are being scaled down compared to the enemy.

Technician

Kokonoe

Banned

And I would ditch Ohsawott, but I don't know where to find Squirtle

I kinda felt the same with original Black and this, but I don't think there is any scaling involved whatsoever. Perhaps it's the natures of your Pokemon or whatever, I have no idea. I just know Dewott takes damage big time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also this looks much better than I expected on my 3DS XL in scaled-down mode. Like an actual DS. :O

Edit- Riolu is ace, the others... eh. Psyduck is awesome but I already have a water type.

Also is Hugh the default name in Black 2 as well?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Waiiiit, are they doing that legendary event RIGHT NOW? :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmmm...maybe it's just me but I never run the DS games in the other modes for the 3DS and it looks perfectly fine to me...

I ran the original White the other day and the text as almost too blurry to read. This is the XL though, maybe it's different for the original 3DS.

White 2 looks perfect in original resolution on my XL.

Kokonoe

Banned
I ran the original White the other day and the text as almost too blurry to read. This is the XL though, maybe it's different for the original 3DS.

Still way too blurry even on that. Doesn't help that I was use to the normal DSi before I played it and the screens are actually smaller when playing DS games, even enlarged on the normal 3DS.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm...maybe it's just me but I never run the DS games in the other modes for the 3DS and it looks perfectly fine to me...

It annoys everyone to different degrees.

I don't mind it really, but since I have the added screen size of the XL, I prefer to use 1:1. I played B1 in its entirety on the 3DS last year and it didn't bother me.

Neo Child

Banned

playing white 1 on my 3DS (not xl, though i do want one) and text is fine, not as crisp as original DS but not something i personally care about.

Yea I played White on this as well but I could read everything just fine...but I guess it just differs from person to person and my eyes just aren't that picky (Except when trying to play HD games on a SDTV)

Top Bottom