• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kokonoe

Banned
image.php

those arms...

those arms indeed.

brinstar

I regret not re-playing through B&W before playing White 2. I completely forgot the role of Bianca and Cheren

They were your best friends and rivals throughout the game. Bianca struggles with with what she should do with her life and eventually decides to become the Professor's aide. Cheren wants to be champion but isn't quite sure what to do afterwards, I forget where he left off by the end of the game but I remember he reassess his goals after talking to Alder.

Javier

For those raising Pokemon that evolve through Friendship, there's a girl that gives massages once a day in Castelia City.

I got it! Gosh I forgot how fricking smooth and advanced the original Black and White made things. Checkmarks in your bag to select multiple items, the different intros when you enter a new town or route, the shaking bushes, the last used in-battle item appearing immediately when you enter the battle menu, etc. So much fine tuning.

Game still feels blazing, once you set the text speed to Fast (and turn animations off I suppose; I left them on cause battles still fly by even with them on.)

I'm kinda facing a conundrum though, I don't really want to catch any Pokemon.
KuGsj.gif
Once I transfer everything from White I'll pretty much have a full 'dex, and I don't feel like training up a bunch of Lillipups and Patrats, I just wanna train up my Oshawott. Maybe that's what I'll do until I need to differentiate with more types and/or need an HM slave.

I'm feeling the same way. I want to catch all of the new 'Mons I come across, but I don't want to deal with Purrloin and Patrat right now.

Also, going from New Game to actually playing the game felt really fast in this game. I dunno if it was the same in White 1.

Teknoman

Bleh im going to be in the sewers for awhile...still need to get some decent moves on everyone to feel comfortable...in online casual battles lol. I'm going to challenge someone before this week is over!

"I want to battle you each time you come here! Got it?"

NO IRENE

(I was wondering why they had that sandy path right under her to skip her.)

They were your best friends and rivals throughout the game. Bianca struggles with with what she should do with her life and eventually decides to become the Professor's aide. Cheren wants to be champion but isn't quite sure what to do afterwards, I forget where he left off by the end of the game but I remember he reassess his goals after talking to Alder.

ah thanks

Velcro Fly

Need to do a little more leveling before I fight the third gym.

Oshawott - 19
Lucario - 22
Magby - 19
Sandile - 19
Eevee - 1

Teknoman

Heh docile Tornadus therian...better than nothing I guess. Looks cool though, so hopefully those three arent banned from GAF battles. Also where do people stand on Keldeo resolute?

Man, Cheren was actually pretty tough. I only took Glory Pig and Riley (Riolu) in and both were about on par with Cheren's levels, so it was a nailbiter, Riley fainted and Glory Pig only had 3 HP left by the end.

First thing tomorrow morning, getting a Lucario. Debating on whether or not I should let Glory Pig evolve.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah, Cheren is not a pushover if you don't grind up. Work Up is no joke at that point in the game. I had my Oshawott, Riolu, and Mareep, and he got my Mareep. Fortunately, Thunder Wave left his Patrat pretty harmless, and Counter took care of Lillipup.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man, Cheren was actually pretty tough. I only took Glory Pig and Riley (Riolu) in and both were about on par with Cheren's levels, so it was a nailbiter, Riley fainted and Glory Pig only had 3 HP left by the end.

First thing tomorrow morning, getting a Lucario. Debating on whether or not I should let Glory Pig evolve.

I thought he was pretty easy... then again my Oshawott was level 14... I considered going back and getting a Riolu cause of what the guy said before you enter the gym area, but it wasn't even necessary. He only had two Pokemon, too. Basically two-shotted them with Water Gun.

:bow Oshawott's Sp. Atk. stat :bow

Dawg

Creating movies in this game is just so damn addicting. I've been making one after another since I found out about it. Excellent work.

Also, does the hero/champion (you) from the first B/W ever get mentioned in this game? Like, what happened to him or something.

789shadow

Banned
I thought he was pretty easy... then again my Oshawott was level 14... I considered going back and getting a Riolu cause of what the guy said before you enter the gym area, but it wasn't even necessary. He only had two Pokemon, too. Basically two-shotted them with Water Gun.

:bow Oshawott's Sp. Atk. stat :bow
They bumped up the level at which Riolu learns Force Palm from 11 to 15. So that the first gym isn't a roflstomp.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Does the sleep counter still get reset when you switch a sleeping Pokemon out and then back in like it did in B&W1? That was stupid as hell but is also the cornerstone of my current favorite troll team.

Firestorm

Does the sleep counter still get reset when you switch a sleeping Pokemon out and then back in like it did in B&W1? That was stupid as hell but is also the cornerstone of my current favorite troll team.
You can battle BW2 against BW so battle mechanics can't have changed.

Busaiku

So this isn't even the proper guide with the Gothorita...
Looks like I'm gonna drop another sum for that...

Still some of the art is nice.

IrishNinja

IrishNinja said:

added! bringing us up to...hey, i'm # 7 here. add yourselves, people!

oh dear...i'm a dummy and just put in my 3DS FC, hahaha...gonna go post my pokemon black 2 code now! sorry, sorry. gonna add youse guys too!
wait OP can you edit my entry, or delete it so its not confusing, before i go make the proper one?

edit why have prof beef, boney, gravijah and the various characters of poke-gaf not registered yet

Would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Magmar into Magmortar? Sadly, I only have one DS with me right now, so I don't have access to my Magmarizers on my other carts. If you do, I would love you forever, be eternally grateful, and would totally trade you tons of stuff once I get access to my stuff. <3

Top Bottom