• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Ragus

Banned
Wooho, my european copy of White 2 will be dispatched in the next 3 hours.

pokemon-excited.jpg

-GJ-

alpha is that you? judging by the avatar, thought you had an account here.

will look for squirtle in my games might be able to get you an egg :)

Alpha? My name on every forum is either GJ or -GJ-. You must confuse me with someone else, haha.

Thanks! I thought I could trade one off of SoulSilver, but it's an American import copy vs a PAL Black 2, so that won't work. And I just booted it up and I only have 4 Johto badges on it... Ughhh...

Neo Child

Banned
Alpha? My name on every forum is either GJ or -GJ-. You must confuse me with someone else, haha.

Thanks! I thought I could trade one off of SoulSilver, but it's an American import copy vs a PAL Black 2, so that won't work. And I just booted it up and I only have 4 Johto badges on it... Ughhh...

oh okay same derpy dipper avatar as some one on grcade but they have an account here anyway

Edit : just realised I deleted my platinum save urghhh and that had all my Pokemon. I only have treecko and cyndaquil available as starters ): sorry

Making the movies is really fun. I'm finding myself ignoring the main game in favour of making more movies.

It also makes me want puzzle battles.

ffdgh

Buying a bulk of bottle waters makes super potions even more useless and saves the trouble of vending machines. <3 join avenue

MicH

I really enjoyed the triple and rotation battles in BW1, but there were way too few. Are there more in BW2?

-GJ-

Can you migrate Pokémon from Platinum to BW2 at the start of the game? Or do I have to finish BW, migrate them to that game and trade them to BW2?

D-Pad

Buying a bulk of bottle waters makes super potions even more useless and saves the trouble of vending machines. <3 join avenue

They are cheaper than potions too, at 200 pokébucks a bottle. Soda pop is a rip-off, don't buy those. Skip straight to Lemonades.

Korosenai

I'm not sure I'd call it "fun", but it's addicting :p

And rewarding.
True, but right now in actually kind of enjoying it. Maybe after a couple more days though my opinion will change lol.

Also, one new thing I love about this game is the addition of medals. Gonna be fun getting them all.

Updates:

Reached Join Avenue. Zvarri, I've made it!

Ah, Nimbasa City...

Took a trip to Anville Town, found a girl's lost Pansage...
"
Oh my silly Pansage. A person with green hair told me that Pansage's dream is to become a railway conductor!
"
"
But...that guy...can he talk with Pokémon?
"

[NIMBASA GYM]
Untz untz untz untz

Best gym theme, clearly.
GIMME WHAT I NEEEEEE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E

VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWI

ffdgh

Updates:

Reached Join Avenue. Zvarri, I've made it!

Ah, Nimbasa City...

Took a trip to Anville Town, found a girl's lost Pansage...
"
Oh my silly Pansage. A person with green hair told me that Pansage's dream is to become a railway conductor!
"
"
But...that guy...can he talk with Pokémon?
"

[NIMBASA GYM]
Untz untz untz untz

Best gym theme, clearly.
GIMME WHAT I NEEEEEE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E

VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWITCH VOLT SWI

Make sure to take a detour to lostlorn forest before you go to driftvile.

Make sure to take a detour to lostlorn forest before you go to driftvile.
Right, I've done so (in a way to half-heartedly grind :p )

Could see the Zoroark coming from a mile away ._.;

On that note...just beat her on the second try. Now,
catwalk run! *Poses*

on the other route...

Bianca:
Time to battle!...[Oh right, wrong person...darn, need a distraction] *throws Fly TM at you* Hey look, a hole in the trees! *runs*

Heartbreaker Charles!

I am loving this game so much. For some reason it's capturing me more than the original B/W games did, which rarely happens for me on the "third" version.

Too bad my 3DS is completely bricked now :( Thankfully it's still under warranty (only had a couple days left actually), so I'll be getting it fixed completely free of charge

ffdgh

I am loving this game so much. For some reason it's capturing me more than the original B/W games did, which rarely happens for me on the "third" version.

Too bad my 3DS is completely bricked now :( Thankfully it's still under warranty (only had a couple days left actually), so I'll be getting it fixed completely free of charge

How did it get bricked if I may ask?

How did it get bricked if I may ask?
Sorry man, that's far too personal of a question. You may ask, but I'm very uncomfortable answering it, so just mind your own business next time...

That was some PokeSarcasm for you, or something

For months now after taking my 3DS out of sleep mode it would usually stay on a black screen, forcing me to restart. It was never too big of an issue though, because restarting always resolved it.

Sunday after a four hour play session of Black 2 I took a little break, and the next time I started the system up I noticed my play coins weren't displayed at the top of my screen. I tried going into Mii Plaza, but when I selected it the system froze up and I had to restart it.

Then, to my horror, I looked through my folders to find that everything was deleted (except for the apps that were preinstalled on the system). I tried going to System Settings, and again, it froze and I had to restart. Again and again I tried accessing software and it froze every single time.

I left it on to drain the battery, charged it back up, and now every time I turn it on the screens light up but stay black. It's like my system got a far less useful version of the PokeRus.

I'm going to flip out though if all my puzzle pieces, hats, and activity log data are erased
:mad:

ffdgh

Sorry man, that's far too personal of a question. You may ask, but I'm very uncomfortable answering it, so just mind your own business next time...

That was some PokeSarcasm for you, or something

For months now after taking my 3DS out of sleep mode it would usually stay on a black screen, forcing me to restart. It was never too big of an issue though, because restarting always resolved it.

Sunday after a four hour play session of Black 2 I took a little break, and the next time I started the system up I noticed my play coins weren't displayed at the top of my screen. I tried going into Mii Plaza, but when I selected it the system froze up and I had to restart it.

Then, to my horror, I looked through my folders to find that everything was deleted (except for the apps that were preinstalled on the system). I tried going to System Settings, and again, it froze and I had to restart. Again and again I tried accessing software and it froze every single time.

I left it on to drain the battery, charged it back up, and now every time I turn it on the screens light up but stay black. It's like my system got a far less useful version of the PokeRus.

I'm going to flip out though if all my puzzle pieces, hats, and activity log data are erased
:mad:

Well ouch.... hopefully they can save your stuff.

blackflag

The poked ex 3d pro not showing up for anyone else in the US? I thought it was supposed to be out but still says coming soon on the shop.

Ah right, hope Nintendo works their magic on your hardware (most likely they'll stealth replace it and flash your old stuff on the new one).

Make sure to check the DS profile when you get it back.
I'd be fine with getting a new one, as my screens are severely scuffed and scratched.

I wonder if I include a note asking for some free puzzle pieces if they aren't able to save my old ones would work...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't underestimate the power of the Return TM you are given so early. It's a great filler move for a lot of Pokémon.

Ice Mage

Neo Member
GAF, I'm unsure whether ditching my starter should be considered... unethical. :p
I've never done it before, and not using it might feel totally wrong... but I'm getting urges to do so since I find the three rather boring compared to what's on offer now that the game seems to be filled with lots of pre-generation V Pokémon...

Ridiculous question, and I should just do what I want, but for some reason I have reservations about not using the starter as the game clearly intends you to.

Inside one of the many hotels of Driftveil...

"When things change, I prefer the way it was, and when things don't change, I get bored..."
"I have a twisted mind."

Kokonoe

Banned
GAF, I'm unsure whether ditching my starter should be considered... unethical. :p
I've never done it before, and not using it might feel totally wrong... but I'm getting urges to do so since I find the three rather boring compared to what's on offer now that the game seems to be filled with lots of pre-generation V Pokémon...

Ridiculous question, and I should just do what I want, but for some reason I have reservations about not using the starter as the game clearly intends you to.

I always keep my starter, but a lot of PokeGAF ditches it so it's not that strange.

Top Bottom