• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Just when I was complainin about how disappointing the gyms in this game are, I entered Burgh's. It reminds me of the Puny Tree from TTYD, one of my fav games of all time, and the music is so soothing and zen-like. Can't wait to see what's next.

I was hoping Challange Mode to be more difficult, and I thought that Burgh would give me more trouble, but I'm enjoying this a lot.

Current team:
wShellos lvl.26
Lucario lvl. 24 (22 before Burgh's battle)

Also, it's probably been said a lot of times already but they really pull off a better Gym Leader Battle theme than in BW1. It's amazing!

Poyunch

I made sure everyone in Join Avenue would call me Master. I guess since I'm playing as a girl I should be called Mistress but it's funnier this way.

IrishNinja

much love to ColtraineGF for fixing my FC on the list, its not showing yet but i think he got it covered...sorry again for the trouble!
yall need to add yours, for real.

dumb question... but because non dsi games are WEP, I never really bothered with online for pokemon before.

Now that I can... what can you do lol.

When can you start doing online stuff? What can you do... online?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The music in this is crazy. Getting some weird techno-vibe overtones for most of the new themes, and I like it.

Teknoman

Feels so strange to see trainers animate. Then again, it felt odd to see Pokemon animate constantly. Hope they keep trainer animations though, makes battles more lively.

Articalys

Okay, the fourth gym is probably one of the coolest things presentation-wise I can remember in a Pokemon game, ever.

Giving every gym its own variation on the classic theme is awesome.

A.E Suggs

Okay, the fourth gym is probably one of the coolest things presentation-wise I can remember in a Pokemon game, ever.

Giving every gym its own variation on the classic theme is awesome.

The 4th gym is pretty much the best gym ever as far as presentation goes. Funny how in BW I lost to her and in BW2 I lost to her again :/.

Took a break from White 2 today. Those 20 hours where too much for me xD also i'm typing this from my new PSP 1000 so that's goihg to eat my time away too...

Busaiku

Man, this is definitely the slowest I'm ever going along.
Over 11 hours and still just barely got the 3rd badge!

Still, I've caught every single Pokemon up till this point.
Those 5% in shaking grass and Onix were not too great.

Also really good level distribution too.
7 Pokemon in their early/mid 20s!

Velcro Fly

Having a hard time filling out my team.

I have an Eevee that is level 1 that I could pretty much turn into something good.

I really want to breed a Horsea and trade it over to eventually get Kingdra but I feel like I'd be cheating. But I really want to use Kingdra since I've never been able to.

But pretty much any Horsea I'd use to breed on Black has all sorts of ridiculous moves because you catch it at such a high level.

And Dragon is such a good defensive type I feel like I really should just breed the damn thing and trade an egg over.

All in all, I'm really let down by some of the availability of pokemon and things during the main game. Breeding especially.

Bii

BASIC BADGE ACQUIRED

we major, people

goddamn genesect basically breaks the game at this point huh

Yeah, I've abstained from using him.

I am currently using the Therian Forme of Tornadus, though. Destroying everything with Uproar. <_<

ffdgh

I must say it feels good being able to use the exp boost pass power with an lucky egg. And the exploration power for more shaking grass.

I found it on Bulbapedia...I forgot what the one for the female trainer looks like...would have to track it down...

So far, nothing in the way of memorable quotes or such...script is kinda dry right now. Nothing like 'I love shorts' or 'My Rattata is in the top percentage."

KQ21W.png

There ya go. Ugh...this doesn't look like a girl named Rosa...I really like her Japanese name more!

I've been enjoying the Dream Radar while patiently waiting for my copies of BW2 to arrive. It's more fun than I expected, between grinding for upgrades and "catching" Pokemon and items. I just now caught Thundurus, but does anyone know how many more orbs are required to unlock the option to catch Landorus?

Esura

Banned
I found it on Bulbapedia...I forgot what the one for the female trainer looks like...would have to track it down...

So far, nothing in the way of memorable quotes or such...script is kinda dry right now. Nothing like 'I love shorts' or 'My Rattata is in the top percentage."

KQ21W.png

There ya go. Ugh...this doesn't look like a girl named Rosa...I really like her Japanese name more!

Thanks.

Rosa is a weird name but her name being "Mei" would of been...confusing to say the least since we have a "May" and both are pronounced exactly the same.

Firestorm

I've enjoyed "There are male and female Pokemon. I wonder what the difference is?"

Touche but we also have a Roxie and a Roxanne now so I doubt it would have been too bad. Oh well, no biggie.

EDIT: Forgot about that quote but that was pretty decent!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The way I'm playing is I switch between versions every two badges. Started with Black 2 which will be a (somewhat) faster game and then went to White 2 which will focus on getting a 649 Pokedex (which will be sooo much easier once I get the Lucky Egg).

In my Black 2 game, I chose Tepig. Does anyone know a good Water type? Not really a fan of Azumarill.

Robin64

Friday can't come soon enough! Does Dream Radar have a decent amount of stuff to do aside from getting the new trio forms?

I just beat Drayden.

I gotta say, this is one of the best rivals I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. It's crazy to see how pissed this guy is at Team Plasma. I'm really glad they went forward instead of just making him the guy "who wants to be the very best" and gave him a genuinely sad backstory and a motivation for revenge.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Ragus

Banned
To those, who beat the Elite 4: How many hours did you clock in until then?

Oh, and one more thing: I have a lvl 1 Squirtle, which has hatched from an egg. As its dad, it knows Surf and Waterfall. Will I still be able to use my Squirtle in W2, even though, that in the beginning of the game I won't be able to teach my Pokemon any kind of HMs?

ffdgh

To those, who beat the Elite 4: How many hours did you clock in until then?

Oh, and one more thing: I have a lvl 1 Squirtle, which has hatched from an egg. As its dad, it knows Surf and Waterfall. Will I still be able to use my Squirtle in W2, even though, that in the beginning of the game I won't be able to teach my Pokemon any kind of HMs?

yup. You can even use surf and waterfall without the need of a badge.

Top Bottom