• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Once again I'm going to end up getting another pokemon game and not finishing it.

I love and hate them too much!

GAF, I'm unsure whether ditching my starter should be considered... unethical. :p

I never personally box them until endgame but it's totally up to you of course. And with so many early game options to choose from (new AND old Pokemon) you have a lot at your disposal to make a team you're happy with.

Kokonoe

Banned
Here's a little tip that might not always work.

Let's say you caught a first form Pokemon like Magnemite, well go on the GTS and there are a lot of people trading their Magnemites for any other Magnemites. You might ask "why would I do that?", simple, it makes EXP rate faster on that Pokemon.

ffdgh

Weird.......
random cobalion decided to yell at me then run away
KuGsj.gif

blackflag

Let's say you caught a first form Pokemon like Magnemite, well go on the GTS and there are a lot of people trading their Magnemites for any other Magnemites. You might ask "why would I do that?", simple, it makes EXP rate faster on that Pokemon.

What is GTS? Sorry I'm a total Pokemon noob.

blackflag

This Pokemon dream radar thing is pretty cool. Got Munna, Riolo, yellow shard(what is this), and something else I can't even remember.

ffdgh

Oh everyone is doing that to speed up joint avenue and it working great.

And gts is Global Trading Station where you trade pokemon.

What is GTS? Sorry I'm a total Pokemon noob.
GTS (Global Trade Station) is the ingame thing that lets you trade Pokémon with random people around the world. You can make requests by putting someone up, or look for Pokémon (that you've seen once) and make a trade. There are also GTS Negotiations, which is something different.

It used to be just GTS in Gen 4, then it was expanded and made part of Pokémon Global Link, which includes Dream World, and the GBU (Global Battle Union), where you can have random ranked/unranked matches against other people.

kiryogi

Banned
So I know the topic says this game is very standalone from the first... Am I really missing out on much leaping into 2 without playing 1 first?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I know the topic says this game is very standalone from the first... Am I really missing out on much leaping into 2 without playing 1 first?

Probably not a lot, but if you don't care and want to do it play Black/White 1 before doing B/W2.

I gotta figure out if my wifi card is busted on my DS or not since it can't seem to find the work wifi. *sigh*

So does anyone have the passwords for the Global Link events going on right now? Has Andrex updated his community page with the current events and passwords? I haven't chceked.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
GTS also has some of the most uneven trades ever. People asking for under-leveled legendaries that are impossible without cheating, offering a vendor trash Pokemon and asking for something ultra-powerful. They're always the first results to come up too.

There are rewards associated with linking the two save files together, and you may miss out on some story tidbits, but this game has its own thing going, so don't worry if you decide to do so. You can actually link the two up at any time, so don't worry about missing out on things from the start.
GTS also has some of the most uneven trades ever. People asking for under-leveled legendaries that are impossible without cheating, offering a vendor trash Pokemon and asking for something ultra-powerful. They're always the first results to come up too.
A wise person once said, "If you want something, never search, only offer."

I'm liking these Xtransciever calls - Cheren is like a walking Abilities/Types encyclopedia, and Bianca is a mobile friendship checker.

Now, if only Mom saved my money and bought me furniture and Dolls...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So does anyone have the passwords for the Global Link events going on right now? Has Andrex updated his community page with the current events and passwords? I haven't chceked.

Nevermind this helped.

Anyone got a clone of the Gamestop event hidden Legendary? Because I didn't know and missed out on that by like three days. :/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Catching Volcarona last night was my first moment of 'FUCK THIS GAME' because of all the escaping pokemons.

Also, how might someone with White 2 get Ghastly or Haunter?

So, is the consensus going to end up being that Black 2/White 2 are the most common choices for favorite game in the franchise by hardcore Pokefans? I'm up to badge 4, and it certainly feels that way so far to me

Roto13

Nostalgia is always going to play a major role in a Best Pokemon Game survey. THese two are definitely the most polished, though. Love the battle speed and stuff. Black and WHite retroactively made Diamond and Pearl unplayable for me. REally, I got so frustrated when I had to go back to them to get a Glaceon for my B/W Pokedex I was ready to freak out.

So, is the consensus going to end up being that Black 2/White 2 are the most common choices for favorite game in the franchise by hardcore Pokefans? I'm up to badge 4, and it certainly feels that way so far to me

Nope. There will still be plenty of others who like the older games. Gen V has been okay for me but Platinum is still amazing to me.

zroid

Banned
Black and WHite retroactively made Diamond and Pearl unplayable for me. REally, I got so frustrated when I had to go back to them to get a Glaceon for my B/W Pokedex I was ready to freak out.

Haha, yup. I remember there was some Wi-Fi event for DPPt last year and those mere minutes I had to spend with Pearl were a chore.

This gen is super awesome on speed alone - battles are just so fast.

I fully expect GF to slow it up again for Gen 6, and speed it back again for the 3rd game/remake ;/

i've spent the last 7+ in game hours playing Pokestar.

help.

I gotta stop lurking so I can share my love PokeStar Studios. It reminds me of Glitz Pit from Paper Mario; "worked" battles makes for a very interesting approach to battling. I wish regular battles had that kind of glamour with trainer interactions, backgrounds, etc.

I want to play more, but I need to actually progress in this game. after 6 hours, I just now docked onto Castelia City...

So after exploring some ruins a bit, I've finally reached the PWT...

Oh man, this place is awesome. Love the music and intro animations.

My friend has just bought the game and has a very strange problem.

His 3ds console recognizes the game, but when he starts it, it appears a black screen and the message of something has happened and to turn it off and try again...

Both game and console are Usa.

What could it be?

ffdgh

My friend has just bought the game and has a very strange problem.

His 3ds console recognizes the game, but when he starts it, it appears a black screen and the message of something has happened and to turn it off and try again...

Both game and console are Usa.

What could it be?

The game may be defective. Probably should make an exchange if he still has the receipt .

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So in Dream World, I don't have to actually water the berries? I just have to plant them?

edit: and can i send berries from the game to my chest in the dream world?

Top Bottom