• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

The game may be defective. Probably should make an exchange if he still has the receipt .

What is weird, is that they tried it in another console and it worked...

The store guy told him that is blocked now by region and since his 3ds is american and the game he bought was made with region lock to only work here in south american 3ds..

I say bullshit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welp bought the game.

Going into this time and not doing what I usually do.

So not being cheap with potions/other healing items. And I'll actually use legendaries in the storyline. So yes you get a shot Genesect.

I accidentally fainted one of N's pokemon in the wild. Is there a chance it will return?
I didn't even know you could catch his 'mon until a Scraggy popped up for me in the desert. I almost had a heart attack at first because it had diamonds float around it when it first appeared, so I was convinced it was a shiny.

Does anything happen if you catch all of his Pokemon? Are there only 6?

Nostalgia is always going to play a major role in a Best Pokemon Game survey. THese two are definitely the most polished, though. Love the battle speed and stuff. Black and WHite retroactively made Diamond and Pearl unplayable for me. REally, I got so frustrated when I had to go back to them to get a Glaceon for my B/W Pokedex I was ready to freak out.
Exactly. I appreciate nostalgia, especially for Pokemon, but objectively Black 2 and White 2 excel in almost every measure from their predecessors. The speed is phenomenal this gen... I can actually keep the battle animations on!

I'm serious about trying to complete the dex this time so I can get the awesome reward, but the thought of going back to the older ones is already freaking me out.

Nope. There will still be plenty of others who like the older games. Gen V has been okay for me but Platinum is still amazing to me.
Platinum is great, but what do you think sets it apart from B2/W2?

EDIT: Whoops, forgot all about my last post. Double posting is a severe risk of day drinking!

Picked up black 2 for my brother. Will probably get white 2 after he unlocks challenge mode.

So dumb with how they dealt out the difficulty settings.

Kokonoe

Banned
Exactly. I appreciate nostalgia, especially for Pokemon, but objectively Black 2 and White 2 excel in almost every measure from their predecessors. The speed is phenomenal this gen... I can actually keep the battle animations on!

I'm serious about trying to complete the dex this time so I can get the awesome reward, but the thought of going back to the older ones is already freaking me out.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot all about my last post. Double posting is a severe risk of day drinking!

Just want to point out that the original gameboy Pokemon games are in fact pretty dang fast.

Stupid Invaders 4 movie.

PokéStar Spoilers:

I tried it four times before I actually looked at my opposing costars. Once I noticed 1.) the UFO was an Electric-type with Levitate, 2.) Emolga was holding an Iron Ball, 3.) Reuniclus knew Trick, and 4.) Krokorok had Earthquake, it made a lot more sense.

Eh, I prefer the region of Sinnoh a lot more to Unova. Also found more of the characters there much more endearing. I also prefer a lot more of the Pokemon designs to Gen V, where I hate the majority of them, little stuff like that.

Just want to point out that the original gameboy Pokemon games are in fact pretty dang fast.
Especially when you are traversing the whole land in your fancy walking shoes! :p

Eh, I prefer the region of Sinnoh a lot more to Unova. Also found more of the characters there much more endearing. I also prefer a lot more of the Pokemon designs to Gen V, where I hate the majority of them, little stuff like that.
Gotcha. Yeah, stuff like that is definitely gonna come down to preferences. I love the Unova region and was pretty indifferent towards Sinnoh, and the Gen V designs are my favorite since Gen II.

Apart from Hugh and some of the gym leaders though, the new characters aren't particularly memorable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Get in the damn ball, Axew!
they-live-roddy-keith.jpg

EulaCapra

I love me some Pokemon but B/W and B/W 2 need to consolidate their modes or stop naming DS features like regular Wi-Fi stop to something Pokemon specific.

There's Memory Link, the C-Gear, Pal Pad (just name it friends list dammit!), the Global Terminal, the Pokemon Global Link, Dream World, Pokemon Wi-Fi Club, Game Sync ID, and Pokemon Trainer Club account, the Xtransceiver, Entralink, and something you can do with infrared and setting up shops or something. I played B/W 1 and still have no idea what half of these are. Did I miss any?

Consolidate and stop brand-labeling this shit on your next ones, Game Freak!

Roto13

If i play through Pokemon Black 2 first, will Pokemon Black 1 be playable and FUN if i decide to play it in the near future?

Yeah. They're different enough to both be worthwhile if you want a different story/campaign/whatever. Same mechanics and everything else.

So how does White 2 compare to White? Better? Worse? I absolutely loved White and I'm probably going to pick this up on Friday. I'd like to hear some thoughts :)

So far my luck has been about the same when it comes to shaking bushes. I don't get a single one but I see the rippling water thing all the time...but I don't even have Surf...=(

Kokonoe

Banned
So how does White 2 compare to White? Better? Worse? I absolutely loved White and I'm probably going to pick this up on Friday. I'd like to hear some thoughts :)

Depends (and this is coming from someone who didn't like Black and White so your mileage may vary)

For me, I like how there are other generations of Pokemon in the wild and in the mix.
I think the Gym Leaders are more interesting this time around.
I feel as if the Rival and intro areas are a lot better, and less PETA and more silly.
I think the newer battle music is better as well.

After the intro areas, it does become more of what you expect out of the first game with it's own differences. Overall, I think BW2 is the much better game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best comparison is a well done MMO expansion with a new race/territory involved. The first island reminds me very much of The Blood Elf zone from Burning Crusade.

Better!

One of the things that I'm enjoying more than I thought is the older Pokemon showing up right from the outset. Since I've been playing pokemon for 13 years I didn't think I'd care much, but having Growlithe and Psyduck on my team early on has been badass.

Apart from that, the new areas and storyline and characters are all enough to make it far preferable to the typical third version we always get. And FINALLY having an awesome reward for completing the Dex will actually incentivize me catch them all for the first time (something that has been on my bucket list since 1998).

Everything feels fresh and improved. Black 2 and White 2 are going to become my all time favorite games in the franchise, I can already tell.

Ondore

Ho-lee crap.

In my Bug run on the NA version of Black 2, I did the Memory Link early on... then walked into Desert Resort, and said hello to N's Darmanitan.

The one that's L35 when I'm carrying a bunch of L24 Bug types. If the AI didn't take a stupid pill and use Thrash on Genesect instead of Flare Blitzing, I'd probably have been wiped by the damn thing.

-GJ-

Better!
And FINALLY having an awesome reward for completing the Dex will actually incentivize me catch them all for the first time (something that has been on my bucket list since 1998).

What's the reward?

Going to try this again: Can you migrate Pokémon from Platinum to BW2 at the start of the game? Or do I have to finish BW, migrate them to that game and trade them to BW2?

Roto13

Yea, allowing you to catch older Pokemon already makes this better than the previous 2.

I liked that the last games only had new Pokemon (in the main game). It helped it feel fresh.

But I'm also glad they didn't go that route again this time, since they'd be old Pokemon this time anyway.

I liked that the last games only had new Pokemon (in the main game). It helped it feel fresh.

But I'm also glad they didn't go that route again this time, since they'd be old Pokemon this time anyway.

Yea but it also depends on how you felt about the new Pokemon. If you liked most of them, that was good but if you hated their designs...it made the game a lot tougher to get through. Just don't do it like some of the other games where you see more of the old Pokemon than the new.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Could I have gotten an Electrizer on the Plasma ship before the World League thing? Man, I know I can get one later, but I really hope I didn't miss an early chance to get Electivire

What's the reward?

Going to try this again: Can you migrate Pokémon from Platinum to BW2 at the start of the game? Or do I have to finish BW, migrate them to that game and trade them to BW2?

You have to beat the first game, migrate, and then trade. You can not migrate from the beginning.

btkadams

the only to move pokemon from black to black 2 is via trading 6 at a time, right? man...i have over 600 pokemon to transfer lol.

the only to move pokemon from black to black 2 is via trading 6 at a time, right? man...i have over 600 pokemon to transfer lol.

You don't have to do six at a time anymore...you have access to all of your boxes at once. Not just your current party.

Thanks. I can migrate them to my BW game and then trade them to my BW2 game, right?

After you beat the first gym in BW2 you can.

Top Bottom