• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Acrylic7

Does anyone know where I can get a
Roseila
in this game?

Route 12 Grass
Route 12 Double Grass
Lostlorn Forest Grass
Lostlorn Forest Double Grass
Victory Road B2W2 - Forest Grass
Victory Road B2W2 - Forest Double Grass

I'm surprised they haven't turned HMs into items yet. Scissors for cut, inflatable boat for surf, hammer for rock smash, etc....

Random thought.

would make too much sense

Acrylic7

Okay people, I need a fly type (or something with wings ) in my party. If you had to choose one...

Dratini
Deino
Aerodactyl

You know how you can "give" and "take" items from Pokémon in the status screen? You can also move them amongst the party, and even swap them quickly between members, without dropping into the items menu.

This'll save me tons of time on Lucky Egg training, I tell you what.

There should be a little compilation on all the micro-improvements GF put in this game...

Teknoman

Wait...Eevee shows up on the Castelia City habitat list...isnt this some sort of megaton, because I dont remember Eevee ever being wild.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Having Seviper and Zangoose on the same team is the coolest thing ever, and I don't know why aside from one sentence in their descriptions.

Teknoman

jbaGob1wBfSU9M.png

Hey Vector, if you want a closer to proper aspect ratio version, you can use this.

Having Seviper and Zangoose on the same team is the coolest thing ever, and I don't know why aside from one sentence in their descriptions.

Sounds like one of these "very unlikely team-ups that somehow fight crime" scenarios. And it's probably something cool and funny :) I can imagine what it'll be like in that situation.

It always surprises that there are people who haven't encountered a shiny. Anywho, I was tired of trying to find a Riolu in Floccesy Ranch and failing, so I bred one in my copy of Black and traded it over to Black 2. The very next step I take in some grass on Floccesy Ranch, a male level 7 Riolu pops up. Fucking Pokemon.

I've played through
-FireRed twice
-Emerald twice
-Platinum twice
-HeartGold
-Black

And have not encountered a single shiny. The only shiny I've ever seen was a Sunkern in Crystal, where I understand the shiny encounter formula was different, anyway. I did get the Pokerus once though. That was fun.

I managed to catch
N's Darmanitan, Darumaka, Sigilyph, and Scraggy
on my first trip through the Desert Resort.

I checked Serebii, and it seems I only missed
Sandile
. Time for a return trip!

It's messed up that
Darmanitan
is at
level 35
. If you are using a repel on your first trip there, a lot of people are guaranteed to
get destroyed

MikeMyers

I'm starting to think Magnemite is not as great as hes hyped out to be. Looking at what else I have got to fight:

(Spoilers, obviously)
Elesa: Both STABS are resisted, while she packs Flame Charge
Clay: LOL
Skyla: Good match-up here, but I don't really find her team to be much of a threat
Draygen: Could be useful for Haxoros, but the other 2 Pokemon destroy him.
Marlon: I suppose useful here, but I plan on having a Grass t ype by this time anyway.
Marshal: LOL
Shauntal: Could probably get away fighting the first two, but not the ones that are part Ground or Part Fire.
Grimsley: Can't stay in agaisnt ScraftyDevil or Krookodile
Caitlin: Good against Sigilyph I suppose, but not really a sweep.
Iris: 4 of her Pokemon have moves that are SE on Magnezone.

So I don't know if I'll continue training it. :/

Articalys

A couple hours after getting badge #6:

These "we're dancing here for no reason and will go away for no reason eventually" guys are probably among the most blatant "sorry, you can't go this way yet" barriers I've seen in a Pokemon game. They're not even trying to justify it lol

DR2K

Banned
I really don't understand dreamworld. Just what exactly is the purpose of it? I put the gift Pokemon into it, but haven't done anything.

Velcro Fly

Moxie Sandile is so op.

It evolved now but it's still op.

Glad I decided to use this thing. Have a feeling once it gets Earthquake it will be even more of a beast.

beje

Banned
I really don't understand dreamworld. Just what exactly is the purpose of it? I put the gift Pokemon into it, but haven't done anything.

Go to pokemon-gl.com and create an account.

BTW, Amazon Spain has just shipped my copy and with some luck, I will receive it tomorrow :D

Mr. Matthew

Neo Member
Maybe it has been asked a gazillion times already, but I really need to know:

I have played and completed Pokemon White version. Should I get White 2 or is there no problem at all with choosing Black 2?

Thanks in advance!

Netto-kun

Got my game (Black 2) plus Genesect and Memory Linked it with my Japanese Pokémon White without any problems. :D

Late edit: Also, Black 2 works on my Japanese DSi.

Wichu

Speaking of Memory Link, does anyone know whether it's possible to link the same B/W save to multiple B2/W2 saves? I'm planning on restarting White 2 in Challenge Mode once my friend beats Black 2. If I Memory Link now, will I still be able to Memory Link after restarting?

EDIT:
Maybe it has been asked a gazillion times already, but I really need to know:

I have played and completed Pokemon White version. Should I get White 2 or is there no problem at all with choosing Black 2?

Thanks in advance!

Go for White 2. The story is consistent with White (e.g.
N has Reshiram rather than Zekrom
). With the new ability to access both White Forest and Black City (if you know someone with Black 2), the only other difference is version exclusives which are mostly the same as White's (important exception and B2W2 spoiler I suppose:
Reshiram is in White 2 and vice-versa this time around
). Those are easily obtainable through online trades anyway, and I think the exceptional case is probably worth the slight inconvenience.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I really don't know why they make starting areas level 2-3 wild 'mon. Half the time you KO the 'mon just tackling them with your level 5(!) starter to where you can't even catch them.

(Yes, I capture at red level, what of it?)

I just did the first round of the PWT (right after getting badge 5)

One of the toughest most unpredictable set of battles in the game thus far and for beating nine pokemon in a row I get ONE Battle Point? Do you eventually earn larger quantities at a time? Purchasing all of the nifty BP items is going to be a nightmare

zroid

Banned
Finally starting B2, but going to have to make a Tepig run up through the first gym so I can trade it over to B1 for some breeding. Going to get all three starter lines in my B1 dex and do a triple starter run in B2. Fun times!

At least I'll only have to do one sham run through the first gym, will be legit from then on. :)

Korosenai

Is there anyone here who would be willing to trade their Genesect Douse Drive? I don't have white so I can't get the douse drive.

I can give you Burn Drive or Shock Drive from Black in return.

Roto13

Oh my god, it took me forever to find an Emolga last time and now they're like cockroaches.
You know how you can "give" and "take" items from Pokémon in the status screen? You can also move them amongst the party, and even swap them quickly between members, without dropping into the items menu.

This'll save me tons of time on Lucky Egg training, I tell you what.

There should be a little compilation on all the micro-improvements GF put in this game...

That's not new.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Uh... someone explain the achievement/medal system to me. Why can't I see achievements without the hint medals. Do I need to buy a bunch of hint medals to know what the achievements are? :/

led4lyfe

Phew, just beat the main story in Black, those last couple of battles were intense. E4 were sorta a joke though, my level 47 Scrafty slaughtered them all. Rest team was 41 archeops, 45 Darmanitan, 46 Samurott, 44 Zebstrika, and a 36 Unfezant I used as filler.

Couple more hours of this and I'll move onto black 2.

beje

Banned
Phew, just beat the main story in Black, those last couple of battles were intense. E4 were sorta a joke though, my level 47 Scrafty slaughtered them all. Rest team was 41 archeops, 45 Darmanitan, 46 Samurott, 44 Zebstrika, and a 36 Unfezant I used as filler.

Couple more hours of this and I'll move onto black 2.

Hahaha, yeah. It's insane how you can Crunch and Hi-Jump Kick your way through the BW E4.

Top Bottom