• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

beanman25

Riolu is avoiding me like the plague. Lord knows how many Lillipups I've fought. If anything, at least I'm leveling up some of my pokemon!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, just beat the first gym with Tepig... and a disobeying Genesect that somehow pulled a move off with 3 HP while I was waiting for him to be KO'ed so Tepig (who I healed while Genesect tanked) could come in and finish the round.

Holy crap the Power Within or whatever move two times on that Lilipup = nearly dead level 13 Tepig. D:

789shadow

Banned
Shit. My Eevee evolved into Espeon too late to learn Psybeam, and now it has no Psychic moves. Where is a move relearner or a Psychic TM?

Well Elesa's gym sure got interesting...I'm annoyed I wasted time trying to find her in her old gym though...jerks.

EDIT: You stupid Emolga! Volt Switch! Volt Switch! Volt Switch! Volt Switch! Volt Switch! Volt Switch! Volt Switch!
Too bad electric attacks aren't so hot on Ludicolo sucker. Easy gym (again)

Gravijah

i can't think of a Flying type or Pokemon who can learn Fly to use.

i don't want to use Flygon, Pidove line, Togepi line, and maybe a few more i'm forgetting. if i can't think of anything i'm just gonna use Landorus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone got a Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar? I can trade ... I don't know, something.

i don't want to use Flygon, Pidove line, Togepi line, and maybe a few more i'm forgetting. if i can't think of anything i'm just gonna use Landorus.

Volcarano

Red

Femmeworth said:
I thought it was just my connection. :
Nope. Took me over half an hour to upload a sunkern to the dream world.

Anyone notice a change in the critical catch mechanic? I just got three in a row. I'm hesitant to assume it's based on well-timed button presses, but that's weird. Maybe I just got lucky.

Anyone notice a change in the critical catch mechanic? I just got three in a row. I'm hesitant to assume it's based on well-timed button presses, but that's weird. Maybe I just got lucky.

It's still based off how many Pokémon are in your Pokédex. I guess you're lucky.

With a near full Pokédex, critical catches are very common.

Roto13

I'm not seeing any more of them than usual. I think you're just lucky.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Spent about an hour trying to get my shitty router to connect to my superior DSi...I was about to give up and it finally connected.

All this for Genesect. And yes I will use him I don't give a damn.

Should I use Memory Link right away? Or wait a bit?

Also, what are the multiplayer battle options? 3v3 Wifi again? 6v6 Infrared? Auto-scaling to 100?

Golurk. Dat rocket booster.

Juanita_Golurk_Black_Fly.png

If you're really picky and don't want to use one of the best Gen V Pokémon, you could just slap it on Genesect and zip around on your rocket bug.

MikeMyers

Ice Punch will help you more with the E4, so go for that. An ideal ingame moveset is Ice Punch/Shadow Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge.

Alright.

Guess my team will be:
Samuott
Stoutland
Arcanine
Crobat
Roserade
Golurk

Although after I beat the E4 I'll change my team completely around

Exeunt

My game arrived yesterday and I've played about three hours on a couple bus rides; I now have two gym badges at the moment. I'm glad I played Dream Radar, as it gave me a Riolu to use right at the beginning of the game! I really appreciate that the entire stretch up to the first two badges is new, though I suppose the ultimate test of freshness will come as I venture through the old areas from Black. My team is pretty fresh though; I'm rocking Dewott, Riolu, and Growlithe right now with levels between 15 and 18 I believe. Ah, Pokémon.

Decided to hold off on getting this for the time being. I'm going to wait for Toys R Us' annual video game sale they have around this time of year, assuming it happens.

abrack08

Relearner is at the
Pokemon World Tournament

Well, thus far I found two of each in the wild. Just from running around the ranch for a while.

How does the relearner work, exactly? If I evolved my Growlithe into an Arcanine before he learns Flamethrower/Outrage/Flare Blitz, can I have those moves taught to Arcanine? Maybe after he reaches those levels? Or do I need to wait until level 45 to evolve him to have a decent moveset?

spiritfox

He will teach all the moves the pokemon (and not its preevos) can learn up to the level it is at. So arcanine will not be able to learn flare blitz etc. cause it's not in its move pool.

Trey

Spent two hours chasing dust clouds looking for either a Jolly or Adamant Drillbur. How I feel now: fuck shards and Onixes.

Also should have gotten a synchronizer. Twice burned; my fault.

I went to where it looks like the Magma Stone would have been (alone) and it wasn't there. Is it missing if you go there with what's-her-name too?

The Magma Stone isn't in Reversal Mountain. It's on one of the postgame routes. You then take it back to Reversal Mountain and Heatran appears.

Top Bottom