• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

ffdgh

So scrafty still murders most of the e4? Oh well i'm doing it the hard way this time.
KuGsj.gif

led4lyfe

That's the power of the best Pokémon in existance.
Is there another Pokemon in BW that's sneaky good like Scrafty?? I haven't even taught him any TMs or gave him any stat boosters, he's just plain nasty, even vanilla.

I got done beating E4 in HG a couple weeks ago and this was completely opposite. That was a struggle, this was a walk in the park.

Is there another Pokemon in BW that's sneaky good like Scrafty?? I haven't even taught him any TMs or gave him any stat boosters, he's just plain nasty, even vanilla.

I got done beating E4 in HG a couple weeks ago and this was completely opposite. That was a struggle, this was a walk in the park.

Mmmmmmmaaaaybe Darmanitan, but no other 'mon has the pure E4-wrecking power of our favourite lizard buddy.

Jokey665

Quick questions about Genesect: How far in the game do you have to be to get him, and if you start a new game can you get a second one?

Also I guess I should ask: How far in the game do you have to go before you can trade with OG Black/White?

Phew, just beat the main story in Black, those last couple of battles were intense. E4 were sorta a joke though, my level 47 Scrafty slaughtered them all. Rest team was 41 archeops, 45 Darmanitan, 46 Samurott, 44 Zebstrika, and a 36 Unfezant I used as filler.

Couple more hours of this and I'll move onto black 2.

That's the E4 after N is done with them. You didn't even face the champion and your trainer card doesn't show you beat the E4. The rematch is the real E4. But Scrafty will still kill most of them.

Gravijah

Quick questions about Genesect: How far in the game do you have to be to get him, and if you start a new game can you get a second one?

Also I guess I should ask: How far in the game do you have to go before you can trade with OG Black/White?

you can get him in the very first (iirc) Pokecenter. and you need the first gym badge to trade.

led4lyfe

To be honest, before I played Black I was reading that gaf thread on favorite and least favorite Pokemon designs. I thought Scrafty looked dumb and figured I'd never use him. How wrong I was.

Teknoman

Just to make sure i'm doing this right, Eevee should appear in the Castelia area where a tree is surrounded by two shades of grass? Guy standing next to it saying this is where the city began?

Two Badges in, picked Snivy as my starter. I discovered that the second gym leader's music was a song laid over the old school RBY gym music. Oh, nostalgia, how you tug at my heartstrings.

Korosenai

Well this sucks. I keep getting an error when I go to wake up Genesect from the dream world. I've gotten it about 4 times now.

Does anyone know what's going on? Anyone else having any problems with waking their pokemon up?

Korosenai

Same issue I had, you have to wake them up on the website if I recall.

It's not giving me the option to wake it up on the website. Do I have to wait an hour?

EDIT: I found out what was wrong. Apparently you can't use any c-gear skins besides default and meadow munna. I was trying to use the porygon z skin, and the game didn't like that.

Well we got the game in at work today so I bought my copy early. I have to say that the first gym shocked me, after steamrolling everything in Black without effort I didn't expect to get my ass handed to me for half an hour by Cheren and his Work Up abuse. Probably didn't help that my Snivy seems to have abysmal IVs though.

Kokonoe

Banned
Well, buff moves and arena traps are like the best moves in the game. They can turn the weakest Pokemon into sweepers if given the chance.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's strange how I ran into like 3 Riolu's in the ranch, and two Eevees (caught both) in Castelia, but finding a Trapinch in the Desert Resort is not happening..
I'm in the place right? The main part outside the Relic Castle?

Kokonoe

Banned
It's strange how I ran into like 3 Riolu's in the ranch, and two Eevees (caught both) in Castelia, but finding a Trapinch in the Desert Resort is not happening..

I was farming for Sandshrew and that's where I found my Trapinch. Caught it around the entrance to where you first go into the place.

Teknoman

I still cant find an Eevee but I run into Riolu all the time. Is the Eevee patch where the dual colored tree is? Has one patch of grass on the right with double battles and the left is for single battles?

Just beat Burgh.

Team right now is Dewott, Growlithe, Levanny, Herdier, Woobat and the second form of the pigeon.

Totally loving everything about it and the variety of Pokemon early on is definitely the best the series has ever had. I'll probably drop the bird for a Pokemon in the desert soon since my Woobat has the flying thing covered.

Levanny and Growlithe as SO good too. They've become my bros.

Did anyone else box their Genesect?

Roto13

I was exploring that cave with what's-her-name and I went on to Undella town before fully exploring. Did I screw myself out of a Heatran? :p

Acrylic7

I still cant find an Eevee but I run into Riolu all the time. Is the Eevee patch where the dual colored tree is? Has one patch of grass on the right with double battles and the left is for single battles?

yes. he will pop up, just keep looking on the left side of the grass.

BatDan

Wooooo, finally ran into a Trapinch. Finally got Team Member #6

Here's my current team:
Dewott
Elekid
Ivysaur (traded over an egg)
Combusken (same as above)
Staravia (same as above)
Trapinch

I know I'm being cheap, but isn't this how the games are intended to be played?

Teknoman

Just beat Burgh.

Team right now is Dewott, Growlithe, Levanny, Herdier, Woobat and the second form of the pigeon.

Totally loving everything about it and the variety of Pokemon early on is definitely the best the series has ever had. I'll probably drop the bird for a Pokemon in the desert soon since my Woobat has the flying thing covered.

Levanny and Growlithe as SO good too. They've become my bros.

Did anyone else box their Genesect?

I did. It looks cool, but I dont want to feel like i'm cheating my way through the game :p

Wooooo, finally ran into a Trapinch. Finally got Team Member #6

Here's my current team:
Dewott
Elekid
Ivysaur (traded over an egg)
Combusken (same as above)
Staravia (same as above)
Trapinch

I know I'm being cheap, but isn't this how the games are intended to be played?

Not being cheap unless you're running a full team of powerful legendaries.

I did. It looks cool, but I dont want to feel like i'm cheating my way through the game :p

I got him up to level 23 and he was just slaughtering every trainer I faced so I boxed him, I felt bad.

I have with me now:

Dewott
Elekid
Sandile
Tranquill
Growlithe

and I'm looking for a good sixth guy. I had Genosect and Herdier before, but I want something a little more useful but not an overpowered legendary.

BatDan

Not being cheap unless you're running a full team of powerful legendaries.

Fair point.
I do avoid using the legendaries. The closest I'll use the pseudo-legendaries like Dragonite.
I did use them as a kid though, but I was a kid so... there's my excuse.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My current team is

Zangoose
Seviper
Lairon
Electabuzz
Krookodile
Volcarona

I really need a water or ice pokemon. I had a flying type, but I got rid of him and just taught the HM to Volcarona even though it's bug/fire.

ffdgh

My current team is

Zangoose
Seviper
Lairon
Electabuzz
Krookodile
Volcarona

I really need a water or ice pokemon. I had a flying type, but I got rid of him and just taught the HM to Volcarona even though it's bug/fire.

zangoose and electibuzz can be tutored ice punch if you have enough red shards in driftvile.

Oddly had enough when i first went there to teach it to lucario.

Top Bottom