• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Kokonoe

Banned
I really hate that in the full video that clip is from it shows the player character with one of his Pokémon following him at all times, but they still haven't brought that feature back from HG/SS.

Just a few minutes before I saw your post, I was playing Black and White 2 and Samurott evolved, I somehow forgot the Black and White games didn't have that feature and was excited to see how the overworld sprite looked. I guess it happened because I'm playing both currently.

But yeah, I definitely want that back, it's a great feature.

Alright, I need the help of someone who's beaten the game. Can someone tell me in a spoiler at what gym can Black Kyurem be caught in Pokemon Black 2? I need to know for team catching purposes. Please don't disclose any details other than the name of the gym. An example of an acceptable answer is something like "After the Blankity Blank Blank Gym" or "Before the Blankity Blank Blank Gym". If Black Kyurem is caught after all the gyms have been beaten, then please put something like "After all the gyms". Thank you for your time.

PS: For the sake of others who might not want to know, please make the spoiler rather large so people won't be able to deduce what the answer is. Something like
------------answer here--------[/ spoiler] Once again, thanks for your time.

Merovin

Dream radar is up in the UK, and my games just got put through the door, oh yes.

Hmm, as I have both games, I guess it's best to do Black 2 first, so I can then challenge mode link to White 2?

Up to the Floccesy Ranch. I found three Riolu before finding one Azurill despite Riolu having a 5% encounter rate and Azurill having 20%.

298.png
498.png

It's a very exciting team, I know.

(also magnemite completely breaks the game in case anyone wasn't aware)

The pokemon I want in my team all appear mid to late game. :<
The same thing happened to me in White. All of the Pokémon I wanted were in the desert.

I just used Lillipup and the monkey for a little while and then boxed them as soon as I got better options.

Firemind

still no sign of weedles or kakunas.

you're supposed to put them in the first forest. the first. not when you're knee deep in pokeballs before the elite four.

all I see are genv. they fucking suck. i already played this game a year ago. give me some actually good stuff, you tossers.

(also magnemite completely breaks the game in case anyone wasn't aware)

I said something similar while laughing in the face of the second gym leader but as i've progressed my Magnemite has been pretty underwhelming, just a few more levels until Magneton it will all be worthwhile, seriously though it becomes a magnet (ho ho!) for can't escape wild pokemon encounters.

Elesia is the first gym leader to give me proper trouble in ages, mainly because i'm too stubborn to reuse Sandile on this version, this leaves me with an entire team of 6 that get crapped on by super Blitzle. I was so close to winning yesterday but of course I got walloped by a critical hit, I was pretty pissed.
Ran out of trianers in the immediate area to grind on, I swear the difficulty is a bit higher in this one, trainers seem to be constantly on par or even above my teams level and i'm not skipping any.
Need to kill more Audino's clearly.

I said something similar while laughing in the face of the second gym leader but as i've progressed my Magnemite has been pretty underwhelming, just a few more levels until Magneton it will all be worthwhile, seriously though it becomes a magnet (ho ho!) for can't escape wild pokemon encounters.
I just used Roxie as a springboard for Magnemite in the Japanese version and he just snowballs from there.

He's definitely worth it, trust me.

I just used Roxie as a springboard for Magnemite in the Japanese version and he just snowballs from there.

I'm sticking with him for the Zone but damn if he's been like the slog of my team since Castelia, maybe mine just sucks.

Meanwhile i'm impressed that despite being a baby pokemon that doesn't get to evolve until the stupidly late level of 30 my Magby has been pretty terrific.

GAME have failed to deliver my copy for release day <_<

I am not a happy Buneary.
Further Evidence that GAME suck, not that I needed any.

Ondore

Alright, I need the help of someone who's beaten the game. Can someone tell me in a spoiler at what gym can Black Kyurem be caught in Pokemon Black 2? I need to know for team catching purposes. Please don't disclose any details other than the name of the gym. An example of an acceptable answer is something like "After the Blankity Blank Blank Gym" or "Before the Blankity Blank Blank Gym". If Black Kyurem is caught after all the gyms have been beaten, then please put something like "After all the gyms". Thank you for your time.

PS: For the sake of others who might not want to know, please make the spoiler rather large so people won't be able to deduce what the answer is. Something like
------------answer here--------[/ spoiler] Once again, thanks for your time.
------------In the postgame.---------

Robin64

Other than trading between 1 and 2, is there an outright transfer method to just bring over a bunch of 'mon at once?

Well normally I get games on release day or even a day early most of the time, but not this time :(

I wouldn't have gone with GAME but I wanted the pre-order goodies lol

It's like NSMB2 all over again, people missing out on launch day goodness for those extra trinkets from GAME.

Actually GAME's online side wasn't too bad, stop using them a few years back but they did usually get me a Thursday delivery.

Magnemite has definitely saved my skin a few times (including destroying Roxie) and I haven't even bothered to level it up (Ampharos will be my teams electric type). I'm in love with Grimer at the moment though, caught one just before Burgh and laughed as he couldn't even touch it once I'd used Minimize and Harden a few times. Coupled with Leftovers and Disable that thing is such an incredible troll wall.

So...

Lucario 32
Pignite 31
Elektabuzz 31
Tranquill 26
Zorua 28
Solosis 29

And I'm having trouble to beat the fifth leader. Any good water/plant pokes or at least where to find waterstone to evolve Eevee?

Oh, White Version, BTW.

spiritfox

Route 19, Clay Tunnel (With Dowsing Machine), , Wellspring Cave (Dustcloud), Chargestone Cave (Dustcloud), Mistralton Cave (Dustcloud), Twist Mountain (Dustcloud), , Victory Road (Dustcloud), Giant Chasm (Dustcloud), Seaside Cave (Dustcloud), Reversal Mountain (Dustcloud), Clay Tunnel (Dustcloud), Underground Ruins (Dustcloud), Relic Passage (Dustcloud), Caselia Sewers (Dustcloud), N's Castle (Dustcloud)

Shop
Black City, Gear Station, PWT

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/items.shtml

Actually GAME's online side wasn't too bad, stop using them a few years back but they did usually get me a Thursday delivery.

Precisely, that's why I generally go with them for major titles, even if it does mean maybe an extra few quid, because normally I get them a day before release. But this time they've failed to even manage release day.

Guess I'll have to hold out until tomorrow.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies if this has already been confirmed- I couldn't see it with a search for region lock, anyway, just some debate earlier in the thread- but the PAL B2 works on my american 3DS, i that helps anyone.

Mr. Sam

Guys, level with me - are there actually Riolus on this ranch or are the ranchers concealing a shack full of their corpses?

-GJ-

Finally got the game. Downloaded Genesect, but first I have to beat the Pokémon League in the original BW. Wish me luck.

I love how streamlined the opening to this game is. Throwing starter, Town Map, Running Shoes and Pokemon Center visit in quick succession is much better than the gradual dripping we got in BW.

spiritfox

Damnit... Keep forgetting that Crustle is Rock, not Ground. Lost to
Ingo
cause I kept using the wrong moves. I blame the fact that its shell looks like layers of soil, not rock. And the name.

I like the sense of community in Aspertia City. That sense that everyone knows your name, with even the nameless gate official gifting you a Potion, is something that we haven't really seen before.

My Christ, but the battle UI is beautiful.

ffdgh

I like the sense of community in Aspertia City. That sense that everyone knows your name, with even the nameless gate official gifting you a Potion, is something that we haven't really seen before.

My Christ, but the battle UI is beautiful.

The interface in general is a big plus.

zroid

Banned
Gotten three Riolu so far, one from PDR and two in the wild, and they've all been disappointing. :(

One was Adamant but its atk IV was like 3 and its s.atk was around 25. One was otherwise okay (even though its highest was 21), but its HP was 0. I forgot what was wrong with the last one, but it wasn't great either.

I'm not even being that picky, just give me something that will put up a fight, come ooooonnnnnn.

Just caught Virizion with a standard Pokéball too. Luck or skill? Who knows...

Why is it throwing legendaries at me right in the main path???

Update after gym battle #7.

GbAOL.jpg

Beef handled the solo trainers, and the 3v3 matches were simple with Beef's Ice Beam, PK's Dragon Claw, and S.Devil's Ice Punch.

I decided it was Scrafty's time to shine and gave the leader battle to him. He went into the final battle at level 43, so he leveled up twice in one fight.

I started with two Dragon Dances (probably only needed one, but Druddigon only wanted to use Crunch, so I figured might as well) and then proceeded to OHKO everything with Ice Punch.

Too easy.

MicH

Woohoo! Got the game earlier and I'm currently at the PokeStar Studios!

Team so far:
Rioulu
Oshawott
Magnemite
Drifloon (from Dream Radar)

Will add Growlithe when I get access to him and unsure about the last member of my team :)

ffdgh

Woohoo! Got the game earlier and I'm currently at the PokeStar Studios!

Team so far:
Rioulu
Oshawott
Magnemite
Drifloon (from Dream Radar)

Will add Growlithe when I get access to him and unsure about the last member of my team :)

trapinch?

Update after gym battle #7.

Beef handled the solo trainers, and the 3v3 matches were simple with Beef's Ice Beam, PK's Dragon Claw, and S.Devil's Ice Punch.

I decided it was Scrafty's time to shine and gave the leader battle to him. He went into the final battle at level 43, so he leveled up twice in one fight.

I started with two Dragon Dances (probably only needed one, but Druddigon only wanted to use Crunch, so I figured might as well) and then proceeded to OHKO everything with Ice Punch.

Too easy.

7357i.jpg

Top Bottom