• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Velcro Fly

Need something to combat fighting types. So either flying or psychic.

Basically between Sigilyph or the Gothita line.

Gothita's second form learns Psychic at 39 while Sigilyph learns it at 44. Also seems to have a good movepool for TMs.

Think I'm going to opt for Gothita that I can catch right outside of Nimbasa.

Also might be turning my Eevee into something soon. Maybe Jolteon? I have two pokemon that are weak to water so having a direct counter to water might be a good idea.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Currently using

Krookodile
Eletabuzz
Lairon
Jellicent
Seviper
Zangoose

I'm looking to sub in either Arcanine, Braviary, Fraxure, Gigalith, Arcanine or Whirlipede

What should I be looking at other than types? What does nature do? I've had Krookodile for a while, and he's great all around, but I've never really been in a situation where I NEED ground or dark.

Red

I just caught a Scraggy that sparkled on entry and was given the message "looks like this Scraggy has a different OT!" I thought it was shiny but it's not. But still... What.

As for hm slaves, i am using a tropius and bibarel from white for full coverage.

ffdgh

about dream world... Sparkling sea and the ice cave are the defaults for Bw2 this time.

It may be the challenge key but the levels spike like they did in the originals.

Does the experience boost stack if you have a traded Pokemon and a Lucky Egg? I'm curious to try it. Not too worried about over leveling them, my latest badge ensures up to level 70 will keep traded Pokemon in line and I'm only at 45 but still...

Trying hard not to resist letting Axew join the trio.

Roto13

GdJxd.jpg

I awoke extremely early today to the sound of loud music emanating from somewhere in the city. My bed was vibrating strangely; as if the earth itself was generating the music. I got out of bed and pressed my ear to the ground and sure enough, the sound got louder. I asked one of the Pokémon Center employees where the noise might be coming from, and they said it was Roxie's band, Dogars, practicing in their underground club. I decided I would go challenge her right then; not only to get a badge, but also some sleep.

Virbank City was a different place in the early morning. There was no hustle and bustle of people or traffic, no buskers occupying the street corners, and the city was unnervingly still, as if it were frozen in time. If not for the loud music and an unknown rancid stench that seemed to be coming from the same direction, it could have been flawlessly serene.

As I descended into the club, both the music and the smell got more intense. I flung open the doors at the bottom of the stairs only to suddenly be hit by a deafening wave of sound. Roxie's band was hammering away at their instruments like madmen, with the Leader and her drummer screaming into the mic just to add to the clustercuss of noise.

I approached Roxie and tried to shout a challenge at her over the loud music, only to be informed by her keen-eared guitarist that the sound was simply too much for her to understand me, and that I would have to defeat the other band members in order to get my challenge across. The guitarist and drummer's Pokémon fought valiantly, but in the end fell to the might of Jake's Water Gun. Roxie, noticing that her backing had stopped abruptly, whirled around and shouted something that sounded vaguely like a threat before hurling her Pokémon into battle.

She called upon a Koffing, the likeness of which was also plastered on all of her band's posters and instruments. It must have been the source of the stench, became it became almost overwhelming upon its appearance. I chose Ike to do battle, thinking that a Gym battle would prove once and for all whether or not he was a worthy addition to my team. Koffing shot forth a blast of toxic gas, but Ike deftly dodged it like a dynamic dancer, and fired a plume of flame that hit its target with a satisfying "FWOOM," and knocking it into the ground. The spherical Pokémon rose weakly back into the air, and I knew that the fight was over before it even had a chance to begin. With another blast of Ember, the Koffing collapsed into a charred, smelly heap.

In commemoration of my victory, I was awarded the Toxic Badge as well as the TM for Venoshock (what is it with Gym Leaders and giving out TMs I have no use for?). Roxie seemed a bit despondent about her loss, but maybe that was just because she would be washing the smell of roasted Koffing out of her clothes for the next month. I ignored her negativity and instead focused my attention and praise on Ike. He performed better than I could have dreamed, and earned his status of a loyal warrior to his trainer.

I'll check out PokéStar studios later this afternoon (Desmond's favourite films are made there, so maybe I can somehow get his attention through them), but for now I need to rest. I have some sleep I need to catch up on.

Item Box

What the fuck.

My brother makes a bet saying holding down + B would work on catching
Virizion and Cobalion
, and after attempting several times, his suggestion worked(?) for both of them.

I don't want to believe :\

Top Bottom