• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Roto13 said:
What's supposed to happen? Because it didn't happen to me when I tried it a second ago. I just finished the 7th gym. IT definitely wasn't raining when I saved the game yesterday but it is today.
Same for me too. Yesterday I beat the 7th gym and saved outside the Pokemon centre and there was no rain, but today when I loaded up my save today it was raining.
If I go towards Dragonspiral tower, nothing happens outside of the
Team Plasma
stuff.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
MatthewB92 said:
What he his talking about happens after the story but I think the weather can change in some routes.
After the last gym actually, but that is all I'll say on the matter.

xSL4INx

What he is talking about doesn't happen until after you have beaten the elite 4. It was raining in my game two in an area where it wasn't just yesterday.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Just made it to Victory Road. There's a
dark/dragon
type in this game?

2ec3vyr.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ushojax said:
My biggest desire in gameplay terms is that Game Freak can up with a way to make the basic, cute Pokemon more useful. I'd love to have a Surskit or a Togepi on my team but they just aren't usable.

There's actually a new item called the Eviolite which increases the Def and Sp. Def of unevolved Pokemon (but not Pokemon who don't evolve) by 50% each, which is pretty neat.

Teknoman

Watch Da Birdie said:
There's actually a new item called the Eviolite which increases the Def and Sp. Def of unevolved Pokemon (but not Pokemon who don't evolve) by 50% each, which is pretty neat.

Yup. Does it work on 2nd stage evolutions as well?

jjR9f8.gif

Then again, it might just be for novelty/ progressing through the game while waiting for it to evolve.

Roto13

Teknoman said:
Yup. Does it work on 2nd stage evolutions as well?

jjR9f8.gif

Then again, it might just be for novelty/ progressing through the game while waiting for it to evolve.
Pretty sure. The description says it's for Pokemon that can still evolve. As long as there's still a form left to go, it should be ok.

Meier

Ushojax said:
My biggest desire in gameplay terms is that Game Freak can up with a way to make the basic, cute Pokemon more useful. I'd love to have a Surskit or a Togepi on my team but they just aren't usable.
Oops, I always pick a fire to start. Do you mean he's not that useful in his earliest form or not particularly good ever? :lol Porkchop is up to lvl 14 now.

Roto13

There seem to be significantly more Ghost and Dragon types in this game. They have been a little hard to find in the past.

I believe the weather can change on routes, otherwise they wouldn't show the local weather on the ticker inbetween routes.

Maybe the weather varies with season?

Although, to note, just like
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
, there is a route that
has the effect of 'torrential rain' (and yellow lightning), right after you go to Route 10 (I believe the guard tells you about it).

Wiseblade

Achtius said:
The first 7 of the single subway battle give you only
points D:
Just
beat the boss at the end once
and move on to the Super Single Subway. that's where all the points are.

D-Pad

Holy Order Sol said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO USE FLASH

THIS IS BULLSHIT

Replace another TM move with Flash. Then when you're done with flash, replace it with the TM move.

???

Profit!

edit - beaten because Matthew knows what's up!

Achtius

Wiseblade said:
Just
beat the boss at the end once
and move on to the Super Single Subway. that's where all the points are.

Alrite. But I think it's time to evolve my level 50 dewott.

earthquake is so cheap :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
D-Pad said:
Replace another TM move with Flash. Then when you're done with flash, replace it with the TM move.

???

Profit!

edit - beaten because Matthew knows what's up!

kinda shitty when you're not using TM's

at what point is flash needed ?
I don't use my TM's until near the end, when im ready to pencil and paper my way through the stats. until then I like to use learnt moves :(

HolyCheck said:

I don't use my TM's until near the end, when im ready to pencil and paper my way through the stats. until then I like to use learnt moves :(

Don't worry, it's post E4 stuff.

Roto13

MatthewB92 said:
Anyone want to do a couple of trade backs? I need to do it for 2 pokemon but I need you to have a Shelmet or a Karrablast.
I can help you out. I have both Karrablast and Shelmet. I'm number 53 on the friend code list.

Do you want to keep your originals that you send to me or do you want to keep the ones I send to you?

EDIT: Well, I can do it in like 10 minutes, anyway. :p

Holy Order Sol said:
Don't worry, it's post E4 stuff.
It's optional, but you can do it before the Elite 4.

Teknoman

HolyCheck said:

Unless its just personal preference, time to unlearn waiting till the end for TMs, especially since they are infinite use (as any program should be).

Roto13 said:
I can help you out. I have both Karrablast and Shelmet. I'm number 53 on the friend code list.

Do you want to keep your originals that you send to me or do you want to keep the ones I send to you?

EDIT: Well, I can do it in like 10 minutes, anyway. :p

K I'm 38 on the list. Just tell me when you are ready.

Gravijah

MatthewB92 said:
And no frames D: I love frames....

Yes, me too. It's the first thing I check when I boot up a Pokemon game... I always change it to the classic Game Boy style. Except when it's not there.

Edit: POST GAME SPOILERS:
So, in the Poketransfer lab one of the ladies mentions wanting to have an impact on people living 100-200 years from now. I wonder if the next mainline Pokemon games will be set then? Or maybe the return to Hoenn will be set that far away.

Or maybe it's just flavor text. ;)

I was looking at the strat guide on Amazon but people were complaining that it left out key elements that would make it a full guide. Additionally, these elements were going to be put in Volume 2. Amazon Link

I'm looking for a list of Pokemon that I can find in different areas of the game and what their rates of appearing are.

Anywhere I can find that on the web?

Roto13

MatthewB92 said:
K I'm 38 on the list. Just tell me when you are ready.
Ok, I'm going to go ahead and add you now and head into the wi fi room. You can wait for me there. Sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Ok, I'm in.

Wiseblade

NorrenRadd said:
I was looking at the strat guide on Amazon but people were complaining that it left out key elements that would make it a full guide. Additionally, these elements were going to be put in Volume 2. Amazon Link

I'm looking for a list of Pokemon that I can find in different areas of the game and what their rates of appearing are.

Anywhere I can find that on the web?
Bulbapedia is your beast friend.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Goddamn. Six Pokemon have been evolved to their final forms today. I think I'll take a break from Pokédexing soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom