• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Da Birdie said:
There's actually a new item called the Eviolite which increases the Def and Sp. Def of unevolved Pokemon (but not Pokemon who don't evolve) by 50% each, which is pretty neat.
So effectively this means Scyther has better base stats than Scizor (though the latter still has more attack IIRC), right...at the expense of a hold item.

Gravijah said:
Edit: POST GAME SPOILERS:
So, in the Poketransfer lab one of the ladies mentions wanting to have an impact on people living 100-200 years from now. I wonder if the next mainline Pokemon games will be set then? Or maybe the return to Hoenn will be set that far away.

Or maybe it's just flavor text. ;)

Pokémon 2099 I'm calling it

Gravijah

Starwolf_UK said:
So effectively this means Scyther has better base stats than Scizor (though the latter still has more attack IIRC), right...at the expense of a hold item.

There have to be some exceptions.

ALSO JESUS CHRIST AT THESE TRAINERS :(

This game records a lot of information about you at different points of the game. At least, more than before.

For example, I had a guy tell me , from looking at my
badges, exactly which Pokemon I used to beat each gym.
Gravijah said:
There have to be some exceptions.

ALSO JESUS CHRIST AT THESE TRAINERS :(
Yah, pretty big shock going through with a
20+ level jump, with wild Pokemon jumping 10+ levels.
This game takes post-game very seriously :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Watch Da Birdie said:
There's actually a new item called the Eviolite which increases the Def and Sp. Def of unevolved Pokemon (but not Pokemon who don't evolve) by 50% each, which is pretty neat.

Hot damn! How far into the game can you get the item, and can you get more than one? Sweet lord I wish I could play this game now. The wait for my US copies has been made unbearable knowing I could just play the UK version on my US DSi. Curse you Royal Mail!

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
Son of a fucking bitch. My DSL hinge cracked.

I feel for you. Had the same happen to my Phat DS. Basically meant I had to replace the entire shell of the console. The D-pad was never the same as well :\

Gravijah said:
Is there anything I should do so this doesn't get worse?

Play with it on top of a table or desk. Avoid moving the hinge (that means limit the number of times you open and close the DS). How bad is it?

Gravijah

Andrefpvs said:
Play with it on top of a table or desk. Avoid moving the hinge (that means limit the number of times you open and close the DS). How bad is it?

I mean it's playable, it's just extremely loose now and flops backwards. I'm just afraid of something worse happening.

Andrefpvs

Gravijah said:
I mean it's playable, it's just extremely loose now and flops backwards. I'm just afraid of something worse happening.

Hmm... in addition to having it lay on a table, put some weight under the top screen. Maybe a book, or even a small pillow. The more stable the top part of the console is, the better.

Gravijah

Andrefpvs said:
Hmm... in addition to having it lay on a table, put some weight under the top screen. Maybe a book, or even a small pillow. The more stable the top part of the console is, the better.

Sigh, I'd move over to my phat, but that would mean I'd lose all the people I added onto my Pal Pad. NINTENDOOOOOOOO!

Edit: Nothing much worse could happen, right? I mean, the screen isn't going to fall off or anything, right?

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, that's gonna hurt if I ever upgrade to a 3DS as well.

Yeah, I planned on pairing White with my 3DS...

Poyunch

God the Elite Four murdered me. I just noticed my team has a huge weakness against Fighting. >_<

Currently it's:
ZbilG.png
kf5CL.png

NwRQB.png
3mGXU.png

BToeG.png
dmatm.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
Sigh, I'd move over to my phat, but that would mean I'd lose all the people I added onto my Pal Pad. NINTENDOOOOOOOO!
You can transfer setting from one DS to another.

Roto13

Gravijah said:

Edit: Nothing much worse could happen, right? I mean, the screen isn't going to fall off or anything, right?

Yeah, I planned on pairing White with my 3DS...
Andrefpvs said:
Yeah, that's gonna hurt if I ever upgrade to a 3DS as well.

Why does nobody know about this?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/transferID.jsp

YagizY

Which is the better Pokemon to get from the fossils, Archen or the tortoise? I'm thinking I may grab the tortoise because I need a water pokemon. Is tympole and his evolutions better than the tortoise?

YagizY said:
Which is the better Pokemon to get from the fossils, Archen or the tortoise? I'm thinking I may grab the tortoise because I need a water pokemon. Is tympole and his evolutions better than the tortoise?

I'd say Archen, since it's a powerhouse. The turtle is good too, though...

plus just breed an extra one of whatever you pick and GTS for the other one. Your choice is only temporary.

Wiseblade

YagizY said:
Go for the turtle. Shell Smash will melt your face off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Going to try the Poke Transfer and bring over that Celebi.

Holding the old DS feels so odd after using the DSi for so long.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well did the Celebi event. Kind of cool that you can choose which Pokeball to store Zorua is, but I went for the ol' standard since, like Zorua's hair, it is red.

Maybe the OP should add this link to the event description since those who used the Internet to receive the Celebi will not know the password:
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/relocator.shtml

Apparently a Scraggy and a Heatmor can breed... A lizard and an ant eater... Odd...
Gravijah said:
Son of a fucking bitch. My DSL hinge cracked. Is there anything I should do so this doesn't get worse?
Be gentle with it, or it'll become like my DS lite
v71f6l.jpg

It can't stay open on it's own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom