• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
Know what sucks? You dont know final evolutions from the start... how about a full pokedex from the beginning?! Why do I have to build a new one every single time....

>.< and what sucks is that most of the final evolutions look kinda lameish or just not as good as the initial or second ones...

The pig and seal look great until their final evolution when they turn into huge dumb things...

Why cant they stay cute?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
markot said:
Know what sucks? You dont know final evolutions from the start... how about a full pokedex from the beginning?! Why do I have to build a new one every single time....

>.< and what sucks is that most of the final evolutions look kinda lameish or just not as good as the initial or second ones...

The pig and seal look great until their final evolution when they turn into huge dumb things...

Why cant they stay cute?!

My biggest desire in gameplay terms is that Game Freak can up with a way to make the basic, cute Pokemon more useful. I'd love to have a Surskit or a Togepi on my team but they just aren't usable.

Murkas

Finaly got this game. I bought the limited edition Pokemon white DSi, looks nice. Going to start my file in a bit and pick the superior starter.

It's the water one. It's always the water one

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
markot said:
Because that would
  1. Ruin the surprise
  2. Take away one of the main challenges of the series.

Gravijah

markot said:
How many people realllllllllllllllllllllly try to fill the pokedex?

I havent ever even thought of trying since red!

It's fun. The surprise of finding something new and seeing the dex entry is always one of my favorite parts.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
markot said:
How many people realllllllllllllllllllllly try to fill the pokedex?

I havent ever even thought of trying since red!

I know I'll be trying, and It'll be a fuckload easier then back in the day of red and swapping with strangers in game shops to get pokemon off blue (every one I knew had red..)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woops, left the screen on a little too bright and my battery is at one bar. Hopefully I can get Pignite to evolve before calling it a day.

Also Heal Pulse is a great move... when the enemy uses it.

Mr. Sam

I just had a flashback to my brother selling my copy of Pokemon Red. Oh God, childhood anguish flooding back. Charizaaaaaaard!

Gravijah

BGBW said:
Woops, left the screen on a little too bright and my battery is at one bar. Hopefully I can get Pignite to evolve before calling it a day.

Yeah, I tried out full brightness for fun a few days ago because I usually play on the lowest setting... Killed my battery so quickly. :( Bet 3DS is gonna be like that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gravijah said:
Yeah, I tried out full brightness for fun a few days ago because I usually play on the lowest setting... Killed my battery so quickly. :( Bet 3DS is gonna be like that.
If the 3DS really uses the same charger as the DSi, I'll just take one with me to charge on the go while the charging cradle can be ready for me when I get back home.

Also great Audino grinding spot just past White Forest and thus I assume Black City. Will make filling my Pokedex easier.

Wiseblade said:
Man, Pickup Farming was so much easier in D/P/P...
So they've nerfed the ability. Wonder if they'bve made current level part of the success probability.
I love RS gen 3 Pickup for its brokenness, free Ultra balls before you can even get Great Balls...plus Super Potions too

Shiggie

Sutton Dagger said:
I rock it old school, Bulbusaur for life :)

So my team consists of

http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/pignite.jpg Pignite

[IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/palpitoad.jpg Palpitoad

[IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/scolipede.jpg Scolipede

[IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/krokorok.jpg KrokoroK

So I'm looking for two more places to fill, I'm having trouble with Water and Flying Pokemon. Any suggestions for how I could plug this weakness?[/QUOTE]
Tynamo's line
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HQtxj.jpg
Its ability is levitate

Dascu

Sutton Dagger said:
Yeah I have a Smackdown TM. The best bet though would obviously be a straight Electric type, that would deal with Flying and Water, but there doesn't seem to be many...
You can find a pure electric type pokemon named Tynamo in the same cave where you can find Joltik. It's a more uncommon encounter though, and it might just be on a specific floor of the dungeon. That said, it's a great pokemon and its last evolution has the Levitate ability. In other words: Immune to ground-type attacks. I don't think it has any weakness, actually.

Edit: God fucking dammit Shiggie.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Emboar get. Finally filled that gap at the beginning of the Pokédex.

Tynamo apparently has a 2% find rate. Guess it's a good thing I found one on the way out of that cave.

Wiseblade

Starwolf_UK said:
So they've nerfed the ability. Wonder if they'bve made current level part of the success probability.
I love RS gen 3 Pickup for its brokenness, free Ultra balls before you can even get Great Balls...plus Super Potions too

No it's mostly the same is it was in Gen IV, but without the Pokétch it far more of a hassle to check with your Pokémon picked anything up in the last battle.

Mr. Sam

Dascu said:
You can find a pure electric type pokemon named Tynamo in the same cave where you can find Joltik. It's a more uncommon encounter though, and it might just be on a specific floor of the dungeon. That said, it's a great pokemon and its last evolution has the Levitate ability. In other words: Immune to ground-type attacks. I don't think it has any weakness, actually.

Edit: God fucking dammit Shiggie.
Actually, I think all its forms have levitate. And, if you wanna evolve it, remember to grab the Thunderstone in Chargestone Cave. I have an Eelektross on my team.

BGBW said:
Tynamo apparently has a 2% find rate. Guess it's a good thing I found one on the way out of that cave.

Holy crap, really? Took me only a couple of minutes to run into one. Guess I got pretty damn lucky. =d

Wilsongt

So... I have my DSi set up to work with the C-Link and all that, but when I go to the GTS it won't connect... Any ideas?

EDIT: Got it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wilsongt said:
So... I have my DSi set up to work with the C-Link and all that, but when I go to the GTS it won't connect... Any ideas?
Have you set your WiFi settings through the DSi settings menu?

Andrefpvs

OMG, I just had a Pokémon traded in the GTS in less than 1 minute.

It was Archen for Archen though. I was trying to get one with a nature that doesn't decrease his attack.

EDIT: wth, his OT is "DIE...." -- creepy.

EDIT 2: And it was caught in 2014. Yeah, I'm not keeping that. Let's try that again...

Andrefpvs said:
EDIT: wth, his OT is "DIE...." -- creepy.

EDIT 2: And it was caught in 2014.

800px-Ben_drowned_id_by_hiroyukithesexy-d2z5htc.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Andrefpvs said:
OMG, I just had a Pokémon traded in the GTS in less than 1 minute.

It was Archen for Archen though. I was trying to get one with a nature that doesn't decrease his attack.
I still plead for Archen's forgiveness for rejecting him so early on. It's a BEAST! Mine has a Jolly nature which is probably one of the better ones by the looks of it. Improves speed and decreases Sp.Attack.

Andrefpvs

If you search for a LV 20 and up Archen from Portugal on the GTS right now you can probably find it there.

That creepy sonovabitch!

BGBW said:
I still plead for Archen's forgiveness for rejecting him so early on. It's a BEAST! Mine has a Jolly nature which is probably one of the better ones by the looks of it. Improves speed and decreases Sp.Attack.

Yeah, I want a permanent Fly user on my team, so I thought why not Archen! One that is not clearly cursed, that is.

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
The 3DS will give you a grand total of three hours battery life at full brightness. So, even worse than your current lot.

I always leave my DSLite at full brightness. Even with WiFi on I can eek a lot of time out of the thing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are Weather effects!

I just opened up my DS this morning, walked out of the house that heals you, and route 7 has rain on it!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Drkirby said:
There are Weather effects!

I just opened up my DS this morning, walked out of the house that heals you, and route 7 has rain on it!
That's not weather effects... I suggest walking back towards the Tower and then back to the healing house to trigger a scene.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
BGBW said:
That's not weather effects... I suggest walking back towards the Tower and then back to the healing house to trigger a scene.
Are you sure? I am behind and haven't even made it to the tower yet the first time. I just left me DS on sleep mode, and behold, it is now raining.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Drkirby said:
Are you sure? I am behind and haven't even made it to the tower yet the first time. I just left me DS on sleep mode, and behold, it is now raining.
Well that is odd. Guess the game does have weather effect. Won't say anything else just so I don't spoil anything for you.

Gravijah

Quick question for those that know re: Pokedex...
How many Pokemon total are in each version? Counting National stuff.

Edit: Doesn't seem like much... I guess it's time to start working on it.

Suairyu

Banned
So charge moves - are they worth it?

A Pokémon might have access to a move with a power of 120 that requires a turn to charge, or a move with a power of 85 that it can do instantly. How is the damage calculated? Is it literally a case of over two turns a charge move will do 120 and that regular move will do 170? Or is there something else at play?

Mr. Sam

Andrefpvs said:
Caught a Druddigon. Are they good, or is Axew the way to go?

Personally, I'd stick with Axew.

And I just read I can eventually catch a Bagon in White Forest. My bizarre dream of an entire dragon team for my Black playthrough is one step closer to fruition.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ah screw it. I'm going to pick up Black after class today, even though I can't play it till I get home tomorrow. Sticking with my tradition of buying the underdog version, and I like the City and the rotation battles more anyway. Anything else I want, well, I have half a dozen friends with White, thats what the internet is for!

Roto13

BGBW said:
What's supposed to happen? Because it didn't happen to me when I tried it a second ago. I just finished the 7th gym. IT definitely wasn't raining when I saved the game yesterday but it is today.

Roto13 said:
What's supposed to happen? Because it didn't happen to me when I tried it a second ago. I just finished the 7th gym. IT definitely wasn't raining when I saved the game yesterday but it is today.
What he his talking about happens after the story but I think the weather can change in some routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom