• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

DoomXploder7 said:
dang this level jump for post game is crazy.

Feels like all the level jumps are exponentially higher this go round, maybe they put a little too much emphasis on shaking-grass-audino farming?

DS Lites suuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I got the best path, awesomely comfortable DS Phat and then comfortable, rigid, matte, WPA-enabled and bright DSi. Yeaaah

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
Or see if you can spot all of D-Pads avatars
82XSY.png

Poison is only super effective against grass, correct?

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
DS Lites suuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I got the best path, awesomely comfortable DS Phat and then comfortable, rigid, matte, WPA-enabled and bright DSi. Yeaaah

I should go rob someone and buy a DSi XL.

Holy Order Sol said:
Screw this I'm going straight from DSPhat to 3DS.

DSP>DSL anyway.

Gravijah

Black City is supposed to start with 10 trainers in it, right? Why can I only find 9 then...
The_Technomancer said:
Hm, adding Pokemon to my avatar will kill half an hour...maybe I can do it 48 times...

Dooo it.

D-Pad

beje said:
Talking about official specs, around 30m with no obstacles in between
30 milliseconds?

Edit - Oh wait, no I'm asking about time. Thanks though, that's good to know as well.

How long to two DS's need to stay connected in order to successfully collect survey results?

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
So I'm right near the end of the game
Elite 4
, what's the easiest way to increase the levels of my Pokemon?

What level are your Pokemon? You could go back and Audino farm, but depending on your group, you might be OK already.

Christine

Green Scar said:

Not disagreeing with the overall sentiment, but the DSi's matte isn't that great. Cobalt and Crimson DS lites' matte surfaces walk all over it. I was surprised.

Poyunch

ryan-ts said:
Elite 4
Look for some grass with high level Pokemon and do the Audino trick.

ryan-ts

Gravijah said:
What level are your Pokemon? You could go back and Audino farm, but depending on your group, you might be OK already.
Nah, I tried already, got my butt handed to me. Looks like I'll be fighting some Audino.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
I hope in Grey they lower the encounter rate. It drains my energy so fast.

Am I the only one having issues with running away? It seems way harder than in the past, which makes encounters even more annoying.

beje

Banned
OMG I was breeding Scraggies and after having some trouble for an Adamant one (for the Everstone trick), I got this BEAST:

- Moxie ability
- Alert to sounds gene mark
- Outstanding overall potential
- HP, Attack and Speed can't be better

So I elevated her to Lv.12 with all the Rare Candies I had and got this IV spread in the Serebii calculator with all that info:
31 31 >19 >22 >20 31

My first attempt at legitimately breeding something for competition purposes and everything went better than expected :D

ryan13ts

Pretty random question, but is anyone else having problems trying to trade through the WFC? The game downright REFUSES to let me connect with people on my Friends List or trade with them. Everytime I try to connect to them, it boots me off saying there's a "Communication Error", apparently it's the same for my friend as well. Is this a common thing or is it just us?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Beat the E4 earlier, and I somehow got through it on my first try.  Here's the team:

14nmct0.png

E4 awards (spoilered so I don't give away any types for people that haven't played it yet):

MVP:
Krookodile, took out about three trainers by himself.  Crunch dominated.
Runner up:
Swanna, who I only kept around throughout the game because it could surf AND fly.  Can't take a hit, but he's fast, and Fly and Surf were quite useful.  Probably would have got wiped out completely if he hadn't had an extremely timely dodge of a rock move against (I think) Marshal.
Second most useless:
Beheeyem; threw him out there just to take a hit while I revived somebody else twice, and he only made a single attack the whole time, which was a OHKO on Mienshao.  He only got THAT hit in because I knew Marshal would be using a full restore that round so Beheyeem's god awful speed didn't come into play.
Most useless:
Beartic; he didn't even get the honor of being a crash dummy while I used an item on one of the other ones.
Who's left:
Emboar and Zebstrika both got a kill or two and served their time as damage sponges.  Nothing great, nothing bad.

I was worried when I realized the last of the E4 I took on was fighting type; Those guys hit hard, Zebstrika was a bit underleveled, Beheyeem is slow and fragile and thus wasn't likely to attack before they crushed him, and nobody but the fragile Swanna really had attacks that were good v fighting.  Somehow ended up being the easiest one for me, Swanna dominated, which is good because nobody else could have done jack.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ryan-ts said:
Elite 4
.....does that really need to be spoilered? I'm pretty sure we all know thats coming.

Gravijah

ryan13ts said:
Pretty random question, but is anyone else having problems trying to trade through the WFC? The game downright REFUSES to let me connect with people on my Friends List or trade with them. Everytime I try to connect to them, it boots me off saying there's a "Communication Error", apparently it's the same for my friend as well. Is this a common thing or is it just us?

Yeah, all of us are having issues. It's a crapshoot if it'll allow you to trade with a certain person or not.

ryan13ts

Gravijah said:
Yeah, all of us are having issues. It's a crapshoot if it'll allow you to trade with a certain person or not.

God, this is ridiculous... You'd think that Nintendo would have made the servers functional at the very least for one of their most popular handheld titles, not to mention the flagship game for WFC. I've been trying to find someone to trade with for Tepig, but the server boots me out with everyone I've tried to connect with so far. Doesn't look like I'll be adding Tepig to my team any time soon =(

Wiseblade

beje said:
OMG I was breeding Scraggies and after having some trouble for an Adamant one (for the Everstone trick), I got this BEAST:

- Moxie ability

So I elevated her to Lv.12 with all the Rare Candies I had and got this IV spread in the Serebii calculator with all that info:
31 31 >19 >22 >20 31

My first attempt at legitimately breeding something for competition purposes and everything went better than expected :D

Congrats. What kind of set are you planning on running?

Holy Order Sol said:
Okay I'm in the Battle Subway. Just how many of those fools do I have to crush before facing that boss guy or whatever?

Adding Pokemon to our avatars? Great idea!

*edits avatar*

Also: Current team approaching Gym 8:

Archibald the Archeops - Lv.41
Woshy the Samurott - Lv.43
Poelarr the Beartic - Lv.39
LeChuck the Simsear - Lv.44
Singer the Leavanny - Lv.41
Zenny the Zoroark - Lv.40

And on standby in my "active' box, Munaco the Musharna - Lv.38

Finally getting my game in 20 minutes. Assuming I can do wifi trades after I get the first badge I have the following requests:

-What is the best nature for oshawott?
-I'm looking for these three pokemon preferably low level or in egg form: scraggy, meinfoo, karrablast, and a dratini/base form of hydreigon. I will just be starting out so I will only have crap pokemon to trade in return.

Roto13

ryan-ts said:
Some people are touchy about that sort of thing, better safe than sorry.
If "some people" get all shocked and annoyed by the fact that the Elite 4 are in this game then "some people" can suck my ass.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Holy Order Sol said:
Okay I'm in the Battle Subway. Just how many of those fools do I have to crush before facing that boss guy or whatever?
20, then you fight him. Not required to advance the story just in case you don't know for some odd reason.

beje said:

- Moxie ability

31 31 >19 >22 >20 31

Got anymore Adamant, Moxie scraggies?

Edit: Actually, for scraggy I think you might wanna try for higher def and spc. def IV's. With Bulk Up and Moxie you really don't need to invest that much in scraggy's attack as it will take care of itself during the course of a battle.

Emitan

ryan-ts said:
Some people are touchy about that sort of thing, better safe than sorry.
I don't know if the game shakes things up later in the game (only have 4 badges right now), but I think spoilering that is a bit paranoid. It's like saying the next Call of Duty will have Perks in it. No, duh?

Holy Order Sol said:
Pokémon 2099 I'm calling it
Must. Resist. Reading. That. Spoiler.

Manus

Am I over leveled to be wher I'm at? I just finished the 4th gym who was a pushover. I have 4 Pokemon who are all level 29. Is this to high?

Emitan

SquirrelNuckle said:
Am I over leveled to be wher I'm at? I just finished the 4th gym who was a pushover. I have 4 Pokemon who are all level 29. Is this to high?
I had 5 Pokemon at level 30... I don't think I took a hit.

beje

Banned
DragonKnight said:
Got anymore Adamant, Moxie scraggies?

Edit: Actually, for scraggy I think you might wanna try for higher def and spc. def IV's. With Bulk Up and Moxie you really don't need to invest that much in scraggy's attack as it will take care of itself during the course of a battle.

Nop, haven't got any more. And I really don't know what kind of set I'm going to make, as I like training my favorites.

Just beat the ~story~ portion of the game. What an awesome ending, I said "Holy Shit" multiple times.
Ghetsis' Hydreigon... Good god, it destroyed me, only won by chipping away at it.
Now that it's over all I can think about is how fucking badass it would be for gamefreak to set Gray with the player playing as N. Would be fucking epic.

Edit: Okay,
did Looker just tell me I had another 7 boss battles to go after? Best post-game since Gen 2?

Mudo

Any tips or things I should be aware of that are very important if I'm brand new to Pokemon? I bought Soulsilver when it came out but didn't play it past about the first 30 minutes so this will be my first real one....

SlickVic

Was at a train station yesterday and I picked up a survey result while my DS was in standby. Just one, but it was sorta cool to see that in the C Gear for the first time.

Zzoram

Mudo said:
Any tips or things I should be aware of that are very important if I'm brand new to Pokemon? I bought Soulsilver when it came out but didn't play it past about the first 30 minutes so this will be my first real one....
Um why did you only play 30 mins of soul silver?

Just make sure you have an ample supply of Pokeballs in case you run into some rare or shiny Pokemon.

Gravijah

Odious Tea said:
I'd appreciate that! I don't have much, but if there's anything you've been wanting, I can see if I have it?

FC - 4899-5174-0943

Don't worry about that, just give me whatever!

4813 6217 8362

I'll be in the WiFi room.

Thanks for the replies. Number 18 beat me because I was too stubborn about setting up. Oh well, got 6 BP out of it. Time to take a break from the battles and breed a good THROH for great justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom