• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravijah said:
Aww, slaughter, you have Pokemon Black don't you? Oh well, at least I had some successful trades.
What? No! I'm not that stupid. :p
I'm playing White and I caught that guy by myself.

/edit/ That's the picture I posted here when I bought the game. :p

brhcb74gkmjky1tnb.jpg

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
What? No! I'm not that stupid. :p
I'm playing White and I caught that guy by myself.

/edit/ That's the picture I posted here when I bought the game. :p

http://666kb.com/i/brhcb74gkmjky1tnb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Weird... Guess I'll see if I accidentally picked the wrong Pokemon after this gym. Maybe I picked my own Klinkk!

Edit: [b]Yeah, that one was on me. I got a Cell Battery in exchange![/b]

[QUOTE=Vect]I'd like to trade some 'mons later on for my completion purposes. :)[/QUOTE]

Sure!

Pietepiet

BGBW said:
Timburr = Your argument is invalid.

There is no weight to Timburr's log that he throws around. It moves at the same speed constantly, and he catches it without even flinching. Sorry, but that's not good animation. It's amateur level.

It makes me sad that despite using cheap tricks like rotation and not bothering to clean up the frames afterwards, they STILL don't put effort into adding weight to the Pokémon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pietepiet said:
There is no weight to Timburr's log that he throws around. It moves at the same speed constantly, and he catches it without even flinching. Sorry, but that's not good animation. It's amateur level.
He can flip that log in his asleep. He doesn't need to conform to physics.

Animation helps a lot of the more odd designs go down smoother. For instance, Watchog comes off as a Looney Tunes style character, whereas a static sprite would look a bit weird IMO.

Snivy's animation is the best though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Caught my first non-gen V Pokemon; A Tyrogue. Guess I have to find multiple ones if I want all three evos.

Pietepiet

Green Scar said:
Animation helps a lot of the more odd designs go down smoother. For instance, Watchog comes off as a Looney Tunes style character, whereas a static sprite would look a bit weird IMO.

Snivy's animation is the best though.

Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. It definitely gives them some more personality. I'm just disappointed by the fact that the animations are still so sloppy.

Pietepiet said:
Oh, yeah, don't get me wrong. It definitely gives them some more personality. I'm just disappointed by the fact that the animations are still so sloppy.

Yeah, some of them seem to just be swaying on the spot. I can't wait to see what my Platinum team looks like though, should be great after 2 years of stiffness (or 8 years in the case of my Sapphire mons)

BGBW said:
Sorry, not a Poképhile. Though it raises the quesion, is Hitmontop always on top?

:lol Hitmontop is my favourite Pokemon like ever, please, let's not besmirch his name with these disgusting questions :(

MemoirsofMimi

Neo Member
Does anyone have a Zorua egg that they would like to trade? I don't have much to offer in return as I only finished the second gym yesterday.

If you would like to trade, please send me a PM!

OMG Aero

Sutton Dagger said:
Haven't found a decent electric type yet, or grass for that matter. Water and flying types are really giving me trouble because of it...
I take it you haven't run into this little fuzzy badass yet?
dimsb.gif

Sutton Dagger said:
Haven't found a decent electric type yet, or grass for that matter. Water and flying types are really giving me trouble because of it...

Snivy really is by far the best Grass option I've seen so far. The monkeys are weak, and Cottonee looks like a Hoppip replacement.

Also, if you have a rock type, you really don't need Electric.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sutton Dagger said:
Pitilil if you have White. So awesome.

OMG Aero said:
I take it you haven't run into this little fuzzy badass yet?
dimsb.gif

WOOOOW I want it :(

I must have run into the pre-evolution whilst fighting a trainer , it was a smaller electric tick/spider (can't remember the name).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
IsayFever said:
So with the caught Victini being level 15, what level do you actually engage him/her at?

in the town of the third badge is where you can go to get him :)

also outside the place in the trashcan to the left theres an ultra ball, just incase you wanna be safe

Gravijah

IsayFever said:
Well I have 4 badges and I'm in the mid-late 20s just was kinda hesitant to go for it

Dooo it.

Man, why can't I make my character a female veteran? That's the best trainer design in the game. :(

Jinko

I really wish they showed you when people on your pal pad came online, I don't see the point in having a continuous connection if they don't provide simple stuff like that.

A mail system to trade pokemon to your friends would have been cool too.

Izayoi said:
You're a bad person.

I rock it old school, Bulbusaur for life :)

So my team consists of

pignite.jpg
Pignite

palpitoad.jpg
Palpitoad

scolipede.jpg
Scolipede

krokorok.jpg
KrokoroK

So I'm looking for two more places to fill, I'm having trouble with Water and Flying Pokemon. Any suggestions for how I could plug this weakness?

Dascu

Sutton Dagger said:
WOOOOW I want it :(

I must have run into the pre-evolution whilst fighting a trainer , it was a smaller electric tick/spider (can't remember the name).
You can catch a Joltik after beating the 5th gym. I recommend getting one if you want an electric/bug pokemon. Good Sp.Atk and fantastic Speed.

Edit: See if you can teach your Krokorok or Palpitoad a Rock-type move. I think you should have the TM for Smackdown by now.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I feel sorry for my Seismitoad.
End game spoiler:
Swapped him out for Zekrom at the end just for the final show down and now he doesn't get a credit in the "Hall of Fame".

Dascu said:
You can catch a Joltik after beating the 5th gym. I recommend getting one if you want an electric/bug pokemon. Good Sp.Atk and fantastic Speed.

Edit: See if you can teach your Krokorok or Palpitoad a Rock-type move. I think you should have the TM for Smackdown by now.

Yeah I have a Smackdown TM. The best bet though would obviously be a straight Electric type, that would deal with Flying and Water, but there doesn't seem to be many...

PumpkinPie said:
Which starter Pokemon would you say is best?

Sweepers (high attack/high speed) are generally far more valuable ingame than defensive Pokemon. I'd say go with either Wotter or Pignite. (Don't know their actual names).

Too bad Smugleaf has defensive stats. Coolest starter by far this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom