• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to the elite four last night.

My team.

Swoobat lv 45
Samurott lv 48
Conkeldurr lv 46
Serperio lv 48
Emboar lv 48
Pidove lv 8

Time 25:00

Tried the first elite four and yep. I am most certainly underleveled. Gotta grind on victory road bah. I'm not switching my team because I've had this team since the 2nd badge. Also first time every having all three starters. Seems wierd. But cool. (grass monkeys + gts ftw)

Also
you can challenge the e4 in any order. Now thats cool.

Just got to Accumula Town and I'm digging the music already. The guitar reminds me of a poor man's Gerudo Valley

Edit: Just went to this house and the music got accentuated. Very nice touch!

Mudo

I only played 30 mins of Soulsilver because I had bought some other games at the time, and started playing something else and just never went back. Too. many. games.

Magnus

So I have a stupid question.

When people filled out their pokedex and invested tons of their time into Gen 3 games, they were able to transfer their shit right into Gen 4 by using both the GBA and DS slots on their DS/DS Lite simultaneously, right?

So...what are people who've invested tons of time into their Gen 4 game supposed to do to get their massive Pokemon collection into their Gen 5 game? Does Nintendo assume everyone has two DS'? Is there a method of transferring I'm missing?

TLDR: Does one require two DS' to transfer Pokemon from their Gen 4 game to their Gen 5 game?

Roto13

Magnus said:

When people filled out their pokedex and invested tons of their time into Gen 3 games, they were able to transfer their shit right into Gen 4 by using both the GBA and DS slots on their DS/DS Lite simultaneously, right?

So...what are people who've invested tons of time into their Gen 4 game supposed to do to get their massive Pokemon collection into their Gen 5 game? Does Nintendo assume everyone has two DS'? Is there a method of transferring I'm missing?

TLDR: Does one require two DS' to transfer Pokemon from their Gen 4 game to their Gen 5 game?
Yes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ushojax said:
Hot damn! How far into the game can you get the item, and can you get more than one? Sweet lord I wish I could play this game now. The wait for my US copies has been made unbearable knowing I could just play the UK version on my US DSi. Curse you Royal Mail!

You get it in a building in Castelia, one of the skyscrapers on the way out of town.

From what I hear, due to the Eviolite, Chansey has become more viable than Blissey for instance.

Magnus said:

Yes. You need two DS's. You could borrow a friend's though.
Also, the 3DS works with DS wireless, i'm pretty sure. So you could use one of those if you get one.

Roto13

Gravijah said:
Guess we'll be using the 2 DS method in the 3DS games, too...
Maybe, or maybe not. The eventual 3DS games could theoretically export all of your Pokemon to your 3DS and then move them from your 3DS to your new game. There's not really anywhere to put them on a DS Lite.

Watch Da Birdie

Here's what Smogon says about it:
Smogon said:
Since Blissey was released as an evolutionary form of Chansey, it has always taken the glory of being the greatest Special Wall in game. With a base HP of 255 and SpD of 135, it is one of the few Pokemons in the game that can take a neutral Kyogre's full-HP Water Spout.

The 5th generation, however, changed this once again, as an item called Eviolite made Chansey much more of a wall than its elder sister, Blissey.

It is important to compare the stats between Chansey and Blissey by their base stats:
Blissey: 255 / 10 / 10 / 75 / 135 / 55
Chansey @ Eviolite: 250 / 5 / 37 / 35 / 215 / 50
The values are calculated by zee-brah on post #5.

*Note: This is only a comparison of the stats using the Base Stats. The Eviolite Stone actually make changes to the actual stat (1.5x the stat normally for Def/SpD). You can look at it like a free Cosmic Power.

I imagine the Eviolite basically is for those who disliked the new evolutions introduced in Gen IV and wanted to go back to using Electabuzz and Rhydon, I guess, at the cost of losing an item-slot.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The_Technomancer said:
Must...resist....planning out party in minuscule detail. All I know is that I'm starting with Snivley, and I'm definitely catching Giaru
I have just been working with a team of starters and pokemon that I caught within the first two hours.

I need to stop reading up on detail every little thing while playing the game. "Oh, curse, lets see how the mechanics have changed since gen II. Hey, a new ability, just what does it do?"

Magnus

There's absolutely no way to de-evolve a Pokemon, correct? Catching another one in a pre-evolved state or breeding what you have is the only way to go, si?

Also, can Legendaries breed, and will their offspring actually be legendary or some other default species?

Roto13

Magnus said:
There's absolutely no way to de-evolve a Pokemon, correct? Catching another one in a pre-evolved state or breeding what you have is the only way to go, si?

Also, can Legendaries breed, and will their offspring actually be legendary or some other default species?
You can't devolve a Pokemon and the only legendary that can breed is Manaphy, and it poops out a Phione which never evolves into another Manaphy.

Watch Da Birdie

No Legendaries can breed, bar Manaphy with Ditto...but in that case, you get a Phione. It's weird. Since Manaphy was originally an Event Pokemon for buying Ranger, and has been an Event Pokemon in every version of that game, most people see Phione as the Bargain Bin Manaphy for those who didn't buy Ranger. And Phione can't evolve into Manaphy.

Oxx

I'm glad the running shoes showed-up. The walking pace was killing me.

Just a couple of hours in at the moment. So you're saying I should have murdered Audino rather than catching it?

Roto13

Oxx said:

Just a couple of hours in at the moment. So you're saying I should have murdered Audino rather than catching it?
They're super easy to find. You can afford to do both.

shahkur

Somebody traded Snivy for my Pansage. God Bless their kind soul. Also just caught Victini. He wasn't so hard to catch, took around 5 ultra balls. Wanted to get him in the Premier ball but I guess I'll save that for someone later. Speaking of Premier ball, is it special in any way other than it's appearance?

Oxx said:

Catch one, then MURDER MURDER MURDER

Gravijah

shahkur said:
Somebody traded Snivy for my Pansage. God Bless their kind soul. Also just caught Victini. He wasn't so hard to catch, took around 5 ultra balls. Wanted to get him in the Premier ball but I guess I'll save that for someone later. Speaking of Premier ball, is it special in any way other than it's appearance?

It's just a reskinned Pokeball, really.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am surprised they still give out Premier balls, I would of thought they would of been left behind in Gen IV, and am still disappointed I only get them when buying normal Pokeballs. Also wish the back story to what they are celebrating was fleshed out to some extent.

On anther note, Seals aren't in this game, are they?

D-Pad

shahkur said:
No, not really. And you get one for every 10 Pokeballs you purchase (at once) from a Pokemart.

Drkirby said:
I am surprised they still give up Premier balls, and was disappointed I only get them when buying normal Pokeballs.

Seals aren't in this game, are they?

From what I can tell, no.

>:__ (

D-Pad

Drkirby said:
First one from Castelia City Battle Tower, and this one from the Pokemon fan club in Icirrus City.

Thanks. Guess that's what I get for not visiting the tower. :p

Yay my team is fully evolved! Bye bye eviolite... :(

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
WiiRevolution1 said:
Got to the elite four last night.

My team.

Swoobat lv 45
Samurott lv 48
Conkeldurr lv 46
Serperio lv 48
Emboar lv 48
Pidove lv 8

Time 25:00

Tried the first elite four and yep. I am most certainly underleveled. Gotta grind on victory road bah. I'm not switching my team because I've had this team since the 2nd badge. Also first time every having all three starters. Seems wierd. But cool. (grass monkeys + gts ftw)

Also
you can challenge the e4 in any order. Now thats cool.
My pokemon's levels were something like 46, 45, 45, 44, 43, and 42 and I got through the E4 first try. Think I used something like 14 or 15 revives, but you should be able to do it at your current levels. If you're not changing your team, maybe use some TMs?

Watch Da Birdie

Now my entire team has Pokerus!

Gonna put it on a Pidove and keep it in the Box for when I EV train! :D

Ok I can finally trade! Again I am looking for the following three pokemon:

-scraggy
-meinfoo
-karrablast

I only have junk to give in return but I have a pansear if anybody would like one.

FC: 0046 2273 8504

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom