• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
D-Pad said:
Flashed out?
Fleshed out I assume.
Well you do kind of just walk into his gym with no prior engagement. However he does quite a bit afterwards. I'd say the three of the first gym are the least fleshed out.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, the best part of Brycen character is alluded to in one line...that he used to be a movie star. The rest of his backstory was mentioned in a Japanese magazine last month...

Translated on Pokejungle from Nintendo Dream Magazine
Brycen used to be a movie star who got into a slump after he was done making films. Alder told him to use his time to master pokemon so Brycen went alone into an icy cave and trained in silence to gain the most knowledge he could. He also feels it is important to conceal his identity.

I hope they expand on this in Gray, though. Perhaps he was prior to Brycen...Nicholas Cage!

MarkusRJR

After playing for 3 hours, my game froze. Fuck my life.

This is the second time that the game has froze on me. It's the first Pokemon game I've ever played that's froze.

Gravijah

Yaceka said:

This is the second time that the game has froze on me. It's the first Pokemon game I've ever played that's froze.

Weird. What exactly happened? I've played nearly 50 hours without a single freeze.

Watch Da Birdie

My Golurk's got on him...

Fly
Heavy Crash (does more damage based on the weight difference...and Golurk is like 900 lbs.)
Shadow Punch
Iron Defense

Basically, a goddamn SUPER ROBOT.

Also, my Elgyem finally evolved! The only guys left to evolve are Boldore and Gurdurr...but I don't when I want to do it. Guess I'll wait till I get to the PokeCenter right in-front of the Elite Four.

Yaceka said:

It's always weird to read about a DS game freezing. I have about 100 hundred DS games and played them for god-knows how many hours and haven't had a single freeze. :I

Watch Da Birdie

It doesn't freeze.

You actually have to click on the screen. This apparently has confused a lot of people, so don't feel bad. :)

Salsa

The game DOES work a bit weirder regarding freezes.

I never got one, but for example before some random encounters the game seems to freeze for about 1 second before doing the "starting battle" animation. Makes you jump a heartbeat :p

MarkusRJR

slaughterking said:
It's always weird to read about a DS game freezing. I have about 100 hundred DS games and played them for god-knows how many hours and haven't had a single freeze. :I
The both times have happened in the beginning of a battle. My Pokemon gets out of the pokeball, lands on the ground, then it freezes. None of the menus show up. The animations stop. Music cuts out. It just freezes.

It pisses me off so much. D:

Soloist

Neo Member
Is anyone in pokegaf willing to trade(back) with me so I can evolve my boldore and gurdurr. Didn't realize till yesterday that they were literally equivalent to machoke and graveler. <_<

FC: 4770-6897-1855

thetechkid

Soloist said:
Is anyone in pokegaf willing to trade(back) with me so I can evolve my boldore and gurdurr. Didn't realize till yesterday that they were literally equivalent to machoke and graveler. <_<

I'll help

FC: 3396-2882-4411

Yaceka said:
The both times have happened in the beginning of a battle. My Pokemon gets out of the pokeball, lands on the ground, then it freezes. None of the menus show up. The animations stop. Music cuts out. It just freezes.

It pisses me off so much. D:
I can well believe that, but that has to be a hardware issue (with your DS or cartridge) and I wouldn't be surprsised if you will experience more of that. :I

shahkur

OK, I know the chances of this may be low, but anyone here wanna trade me a Zorua? I haven't got much to give in return, maybe just Victini.

So coworkers and I have agreed that gen 5's starters are the worst out of all the gens.

1st gen was decent and gave us 2 out of the 3 with dual-typings.

2nd gen was all about plain single-typings.

3rd gen was about 2 decent starters with awesome type combos and a single-typer with a decent movepool.

4th gen was the best period (Water/Steel? Grass/Ground? yes, plz).

5th gen was about a lame-ass beaten-to-death dual-typing and two other beaten-to-death single typings.

I am staying far away from the starters from gen 5. My team's going to be-

180px-598Ferrothorn.png
250px-596Galvantula.png
200px-560Zuruzukin.png

180px-609Chandelure.png
180px-553Krookodile.png
250px-593Jellicent.png

W1SSY

So this is my first pokemon since silver and therefore my first time using GTS. I deposited my panpour and said I was looking for a tepig. Do I need to check back every once and awhile to see if anyone wants to trade or will it do it automatically?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wait, Boldore evolves by trade? Oh, I'll have to get someone to help evolve mine once I finish up in this tower, he is an active member of my party.

So this is my first pokemon since silver and therefore my first time using GTS. I deposited my panpour and said I was looking for a tepig. Do I need to check back every once and awhile to see if anyone wants to trade or will it do it automatically?
As far as I know, you have to check manually, which suck since the C-Gear when on is always connected to Wifi.

thetechkid

Soloist said:
That was fast, thanks. All right in the wifi room right now. Or if you're busy we can PM each other to find another time.

Sorry had to run all the way back to the pokecenter, and registering your code and getting in now.

Soloist

Neo Member
thetechkid said:
So I'm go into the Wifi room, and ask for a trade and it says you want to join, then fail to respond. whats going on?

I'm not sure it just hangs at "communicating with ____......"

MarkusRJR

slaughterking said:
I can well believe that, but that has to be a hardware issue (with your DS or cartridge) and I wouldn't be surprsised if you will experience more of that. :I
It's the only game that it's ever froze on any my DS. It happened on my DSi and my DS Phat. It can't be a hardware issue.

D-Pad said:
Did you attach two colorless energy cards to unlock its full power?

Boy, does that bring back some memories. I preferred the Game Boy Color game, to be honest. I found an exploit in which I used the "random Zapdos" as the only Pokemon card in my deck. always committed 1hkos.

Roto13

shahkur said:
OK, I know the chances of this may be low, but anyone here wanna trade me a Zorua? I haven't got much to give in return, maybe just Victini.
Zorua can be bred. Don't trade your Victini for one. :p

Gravijah

Shed_a_Ninja said:
So coworkers and I have agreed that gen 5's starters are the worst out of all the gens.

1st gen was decent and gave us 2 out of the 3 with dual-typings.

2nd gen was all about plain single-typings.

3rd gen was about 2 decent starters with awesome type combos and a single-typer with a decent movepool.

4th gen was the best period (Water/Steel? Grass/Ground? yes, plz).

5th gen was about a lame-ass beaten-to-death dual-typing and two other beaten-to-death single typings.

I am staying far away from the starters from gen 5. My team's going to be-

Swampert and Empoleon will forever be the two best starters.

Nayishiki

shahkur said:

I can give you a Zorua. My Fc is 2322 5415 4411.

thetechkid

Gravijah said:
Swampert and Empoleon will forever be the two best starters.

You spelled Charizard and Blastoise wrong, and Soloist I have no idea whats wrong best trying to trade with someone else if you want to trade right now.

thetechkid said:
You spelled Charizard and Blastoise wrong, and Soloist I have no idea whats wrong best trying to trade with someone else if you want to trade right now.

Charizard and Blastoise are the best in terms of nostalgia. In terms of battling, no.

D-Pad

FTS, I've done this in every cave so far:

Pokemon get fucked up.
Spend time and items healing them back to full health.
Go to next room.
Nurse is standing there.

Needs a big ass sign above the door the room before that reads: NURSE IN NEXT ROOM

Soloist

Neo Member
thetechkid said:

All right. Thanks anyways.

Anyone else wants to help evolve 1/3 of my team?

Sceptile > *

Roto13

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Charizard and Blastoise are the best in terms of nostalgia. In terms of battling, no.
But that makes no sense. Everyone knows Bulbasaur is number one in the Pokedex for a reason.

Watch Da Birdie

I think my favorite Starter is the Turtwig line, particularly Grotle.

Pignite is up next, and then probably the Treecko family as a whole.

Oro

Hey, can someone trade me boldure and gurrdurr? I can give you mine and vice versa. Or just trade back, either way. Thanks.
FC: 3353-3315-4811

shahkur

Nayishiki said:
I can give you a Zorua. My Fc is 2322 5415 4411.

Are you on now? How does it exactly work. I've added you to the palpad and now am at the middle woman in the pokemon center. So what do you really want Victini in return?

Oh, FFS I keep getting error trying to go on wifi. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom