• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Mank said:
Just beat the game. The ending was pretty satisfying, but...
why did N have to START with Reshiram and end with the ice cream? A little anticlimactic...
Gonna take a small break before jumping into post-game.

Hah, so you say that...but guess which one of those two took out half my team?

I feel so bad beating Cheren, but he's not going to get anywhere leaving a sleeping Liepard in front of my Servine until it gets +5 from growth >_>

Beat the elite 4!

Team.
Reshiram lv 51
Serperior Lv 52
Emboar lv 52
Conkeldurr lv 49
Swoobat lv 49
Samurott lv 51

The ending was awsome. When N's castle surrounded the Pokemon League I was like "Wow"

Also is it normal that it did'nt save my hall of fame dubut time on my trainer card? It saved it on the pc but not on my trainer card. Its purple tho.does it only save it when you beat the e4 the second time?

Portalbox

WiiRevolution1 said:
Beat the elite 4!

Team.
Reshiram lv 51
Serperior Lv 52
Emboar lv 52
Conkeldurr lv 49
Swoobat lv 49
Samurott lv 51

The ending was awsome. When N's castle surrounded the Pokemon League I was like "Wow"

Also is it normal that it did'nt save my hall of fame dubut time on my trainer card? It saved it on the pc but not on my trainer card. Its purple tho.does it only save it when you beat the e4 the second time?

It's because you haven't technically conquered the Elite Four have you? You still must beat the champion.

Portalbox said:
It's because you haven't technically conquered the Elite Four have you? You still must beat the champion.
Figured so but I was not for sure. Got alot of training to do before I try it again.

On Route 11. Pretty cool that theres still 3 more towns to explore.

Teknoman

The_Technomancer said:
Am I the only one slightly disturbed by the fact that Sawk and Throh seem to literally be wearing clothes? The older I get, the more of a moral disturbance Pokemon sometimes raises in me....

Apparently they are like the other swaddle bugs in the game, and make clothes from plants. Just think of it like a primate using a big leaf for an umbrella or an animal making/using tools.

MrCookiepants said:
Now wait a God damn minute.

Cheren is a dude?

Skinny jeans made every think otherwise I guess? Always seemed like a guy to me since female Pokemon characters are usually obviously female (hair, shape, or clothing).

Seems pretty arrogant so far too.

zumphry

Banned
Achtius said:
Yes. He can learn fly strength and cut. My new HM slave.

What in the America is this nonsense? Fly? Yes. HM Slave?

NOBODY PUTS FREEDOM AND APPLE PIE IN THE CORNER.

lh2GZ.png

DragonKnight said:
Anybody manage to pull in some Kanto pokes yet? I feel naked playing without my boy Dragonite
Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.
He has a 5% chance of being caught when fishing on a water spot(Shaky grass but for watter). I have Dratini.

MatthewB92 said:
Don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.
He has a 5% chance of being caught when fishing on a water spot(Shaky grass but for watter). I have Dratini.

Yes but that's after the main quest is beaten. I just would really like one now. And then my team would be set

How the hell does Hydreigon learn earth Power? It's an egg move but serebii doesn't have the pokemon it needs to breed with :| . Anyone know?

Edit: Found out and it's going to be a pain in the ass to do lol.

Suairyu

Banned
My five-member party now bred and nature perfect. Six party will be an open spot for whatever each gym calls for.

Time for some Audino hunting!

edit - and the Pokémon movie just finished. What a nostalgia blast! It's like being 11 all over again.

Lkr

not really about the game itself, but do kids these days play pokemon? i never see kids playing games at the store or anything like I did when I was a kid. all i see is teenagers/young adults playing the pokemans

Lkr said:
not really about the game itself, but do kids these days play pokemon? i never see kids playing games at the store or anything like I did when I was a kid. all i see is teenagers/young adults playing the pokemans
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. My friends play Pokemon, but I don't really see kids playing it, actually.

Lkr said:

I see plenty where I live. Anytime a kid has a DS in his or her hands, it's a Pokemon game of some kind.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
That's a toughie. Moxie is the ability you definitely need to give him, though.
Thanks for the speedy reply. As for the nature I was thinking maybe out of a choice of either Adamant, impish, jolly or careful. I'm leaning towards jolly though

Firestorm

Lkr said:
Yeah my little cousin and his friends play but I don't think they're as "OH GOD POKEMON POKEMON POKEMON DAY 1 OH MY GOD DID YOU HEAR ABOUT PIKABLU?" like we were.

Suairyu

Banned
Firestorm said:
Yeah my little cousin and his friends play but I don't think they're as "OH GOD POKEMON POKEMON POKEMON DAY 1 OH MY GOD DID YOU HEAR ABOUT PIKABLU?" like we were.
: /
Kids don't know what they're missing out on by not missing out on anything at all.

I never fell for Pikablu or any of the Mew rumours. When a way to actually spawn Mew was discovered it took me a long time to believe it. I also remember the very well-done MewThree fake Pokédex screen. Still called fake!

Firestorm

Suairyu said:
: /
Kids don't know what they're missing out on by not missing out on anything at all.

I never fell for Pikablu or any of the Mew rumours. When a way to actually spawn Mew was discovered it took me a long time to believe it. I also remember the very well-done MewThree fake Pokédex screen. Still called fake!
man

what are you even doing on neogaf

learn to BELIEVE

I not only tried the Truck thing once, I thought I must have done it wrong and did it again on another playthrough.

:(

Magnus

Ok, I'm a moron, need help.

Our two DS' are fired up, we're both in our respective union rooms (one DSLite with HeartGold, one DSi with White), and we can't see each other.

Do we need to enable other settings on our respective systems? Do we need to exchange friend codes? Are friend codes related to a game card, or a system?

I can't believe I actually miss connecting two systems with a cable right now.

Neiteio

Hey guys, I hear online random battles scale teams to lv. 50 and impose an eight-turn limit, but are battles with friends (offline and online) any level goes and limitless turns? In other words, could I, oh, use a lv. 2 Pokemon against my friend's team of lv. 100s and have that Pokemon remain lv. 2 in battle (as opposed to being bumped to 50 or 100)?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
FINALLY caught a Throh after hours of searching.

Holy fuck that was a chore. This is the ONLY time I've regretted getting the Black version over White. Shit was ridiculous...

Lkr

Firestorm said:
man

what are you even doing on neogaf

learn to BELIEVE

I not only tried the Truck thing once, I thought I must have done it wrong and did it again on another playthrough.

:(
speaking of which, in gold/silver, I used a gameshark to obtain a Venasaur/Blastoise. I dropped them off promptly at the day care to get a Venustoise. it didn't work :(

Red

Forceatowulf said:

Holy fuck that was a chore. This is the ONLY time I've regretted getting the Black version over White. Shit was ridiculous...
It took me literally eight hours to find a Sawk in White. I know your pain. I'm at the fourth gym and my Pokemon are still overleveled from fighting all those Audinos.

Neiteio

Crunched said:
It took me literally eight hours to find a Sawk in White. I know your pain. I'm at the fourth gym and my Pokemon are still overleveled from fighting all those Audinos.
What's the best way to find Audinos to fight?

Also, someone please answer my question a couple posts up about friend battles. :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Lkr said:

I saw a girl with a Minccino doll today.

Made me smile. :D

Red

Neiteio said:
What's the best way to find Audinos to fight?

Also, someone please answer my question a couple posts up about friend battles. :)
Walk back and forth along a patch of grass, outside of it to avoid random fights, and when you see grass shaking make a dash for it. Repels help but aren't totally necessary.

Audinos are everywhere. I'm so sick of them.

Roto13

Forceatowulf said:

I found and caught a Throh like 20 hours before I even saw a Sawk and I'm playing Black. And I saw like two more Throhs within an hour of catching the first one. I actually thought Sawk was supposed to be the rare one in Black.

I wasn't really looking for them, either. I just found them while doing some light grinding early on.

Magnus said:

Our two DS' are fired up, we're both in our respective union rooms (one DSLite with HeartGold, one DSi with White), and we can't see each other.

Do we need to enable other settings on our respective systems? Do we need to exchange friend codes? Are friend codes related to a game card, or a system?

HeartGold and White cannot connect outside of the PokeTransfer. Gen 4 =/= Gen 5.

Magnus said:

You can't do it that way. you need to use the Transfer thing on route 15 and the second DS has to go to download play but have SS in the DS slot.

So I'm seeing all these Rock Smash-looking rocks on the beaches in Routes 17 and 18 but I can't seem to break them. Can you even Rock Smash rocks in this game or are there other ways around these road blocks that I'm not noticing (some super specific Surf route?)?

Boogiepop

Bridge Village is an awesome with the "add parts to the music" thing :)
And I am loving these high level post game pokemon. My starter's already coming up on level 80 (lucky egg equipped since I got it...)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I cannot express enough how much I love the fuck out of Gamefreak for making TM's reusable. It changes everything for me.
Crunched said:
No kidding man. I fought a shit ton of them and my guys are stupid strong right now. I've only got two badges too.

It got to the point where I just started running away because I didn't want to level my guys any more.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom