• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

Alright, I finally got home for Break and connected to wifi. I added my FC to the list in the OP.

I just beat the second gym and I'm in
pinwheel forest going after team plasma

Acrylic7

KingK said:
Alright, I finally got home for Break and connected to wifi. I added my FC to the list in the OP.

Get a Vinapede. Or whatever its called.

Achtius

KingK said:

you still want drillbur ?

Magnus

Thanks guys. Hopes dashed of using my buddy's Squirtle (and also the very first Pokemon I owned 13 years ago) through a main play through. Seemed too good to be true. :)

Achtius

KingK said:
Yeah that'd be great. I don't really have anything good to trade though lol.

np, just give me whatever. Meet u in the wifi place?

fake edit: my fc also on the list.
fake edit 2: Yup, middle one
edit3: np :)

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
So I bought Pearl way back when and never played it. Now I want Black but I don't know if I should play Pearl first. I don't want to play Pearl then be pokemoned out or the otherway and get an awesome game and have to go back to something thats no where as good.

Any advice?

Achtius

lo escondido said:
So I bought Pearl way back when and never played it. Now I want Black but I don't know if I should play Pearl first. I don't want to play Pearl then be pokemoned out or the otherway and get an awesome game and have to go back to something thats no where as good.

Any advice?

Skip pearl. Play black and don't look back! (Unless you want to complete the pokedex)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
lo escondido said:

Any advice?

Black/White is much more polished. If anything, pick up Platinum if you really want to play the 4th Generation.

Emitan

lo escondido said:

Any advice?
Hated Pearl, love White. Just get Black/White.

Teknoman

lo escondido said:

Any advice?

Honestly...i'd play Black first. While D/P were great for their time...the jump between the two generations is too drastic. They feel so slow and static after starting B/W.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know where I can see a rufflet or braviary in Pokemon Black? I want to trade for one on the GTS but I haven't run into any trainers that had one so I can't.

Just made it to the postgame.

Suairyu

Banned
Crewnh said:
Gametrailers Review - 8.6

They say it's more of the same but it's the best in the series. : /
That's a great review, to be honest. Just because a sequel is better year in, year out doesn't mean it is deserving of more praise.

I'm thoroughly enjoying White, but I imagine a part of that is because of how fresh it seems to me after so many years of not playing. There's definitely an intrinsic quality to the game, but it is the same quality that was there with the original Red and Blue. The series does need to move forward at some point, rather than just hunkering down and refining what it already has.

Achtius

Monroeski said:
Anybody know where I can see a rufflet or braviary in Pokemon Black? I want to trade for one on the GTS but I haven't run into any trainers that had one so I can't.

Just made it to the postgame.

white exclusive. let me see if i can catch one for u.

edit: If you do want to trade for one, can you give me a Vullaby? :3

Machine

Teknoman said:
Tons of people of different ages came in to our store, lots of kids too.

I was in my early 30s when Red/Blue came out. I've played every generation. People my age usually give me a funny look if they find out but it helps me connect with my friends' kids.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Achtius said:
white exclusive. let me see if i can catch one for u.

edit: If you do want to trade for one, can you give me a Vullaby? :3
I know it's white exclusive, I was just hoping a trainer in the game would have one so I could see it and then search for it on the GTS.

Can't trade now.

Achtius

Monroeski said:
I know it's white exclusive, I was just hoping a trainer in the game would have one so I could see it and then search for it on the GTS.

Can't trade now.

Alrite np, but I haven't seen vullaby either.

Abylim

Weird question, but I'm picking up the game tomorrow, can anyone hook me up with the fire and grass starter eggs?
I usually trade between my old Pokemon and the new to get all the starters, but you cant this time.
If anyone can help I'd be grateful!

clemenx

Banned
Satoshi Tajiri (Pokemon creator) is trending on twitter, people are saying he died but the only source I see is a Tumblr page, I'm calling bullshit right now.

ivysaur12

Banned
clemenx said:
Satoshi Tajiri (Pokemon creator) is trending on twitter, people are saying he died but the only source I see is a Tumblr page, I'm calling bullshit right now.

I would be devastated if he did, but that's a pretty fucked rumor due to the circumstances in Japan right now.

Emitan

clemenx said:
It's probably some bullshit from /v/

Teknoman

I know i've asked this before...but without animations, wouldnt the attacks just be Pokemon shaking back and forth?

Also what happens if you fight someone with animations turned on?

Emitan

Teknoman said:
I know i've asked this before...but without animations, wouldnt the attacks just be Pokemon shaking back and forth?

They're always on in multiplayer in the previous games.

Red

What's Battle Competition on the main menu screen?

Modest Krookodile is bothering me now :/

One of the few times I regret not going for a beneficial nature.

WEGGLES

clemenx said:
The only stuff that suggests that is twitter/tumblr posts.

Suspect it's just idiots repeating what idiots said.

Teknoman

Billychu said:
I haven't seen any explanations, but it seems like it's for live tournaments.

In the manual it seems to mention something about Global battle union and official Nintendo tournaments too. Maybe we'll have an official Nintendo online tournament once Global Link is up for everyone?

Firestorm

Teknoman said:
In the manual it seems to mention something about Global battle union and official Nintendo tournaments too. Maybe we'll have an official Nintendo online tournament once Global Link is up for everyone?
On which page?

There was a press release or something before the game came out saying that top ranking players in the Global Battle Union may be invited to compete in regional / national VGC events, but I don't understand what that means exactly as regionals are open to all so it would really only apply to nationals. Unless they mean they'll pay for your trips which would be nice.

Teknoman said:

It's just a small movement and a flash so no waiting for animations to finish before HP goes down and all that. Multiplayer matches always have animations on.

Red

Forceatowulf said:
I cannot express enough how much I love the fuck out of Gamefreak for making TM's reusable. It changes everything for me.

No kidding man. I fought a shit ton of them and my guys are stupid strong right now. I've only got two badges too.

It got to the point where I just started running away because I didn't want to level my guys any more.....
Yep, same here. I use repels after catching all new Pokemon in any given area. It's not worth fighting only to get the 60-80 experience points I'm nabbing now.

Izayoi

Banned
I can't help but crack a huge smile when I'm
walking through the badge checks
. So well done, so much nostalgia. They really know how to tug on the older fan's heart strings.

Damn.

Boogiepop

Just fought and beat
Cynthia
which was awesome and an intense battle, and totally came out of nowhere.
Also, what's with the occasional "super throw" or something I've been getting, where it only needs to shake once and then catches? I definitely appreciate it, but I'm curious.

Emitan

Mank said:
Just fought and beat
Cynthia
which was awesome and an intense battle, and totally came out of nowhere.
Also, what's with the occasional "super throw" or something I've been getting, where it only needs to shake once and then catches? I definitely appreciate it, but I'm curious.
Critical captures. They're either a guaranteed catch, or greatly increase your chances.

ivysaur12

Banned
Started raining hard on Route 6 at midnight. 16 hours in, 5 gym badges. I'm in love. Training Ferroseed by 4 levels (thank you Lucky Egg) then gunning through Chargestone Cave.

Teknoman

Firestorm said:
On which page?

There was a press release or something before the game came out saying that top ranking players in the Global Battle Union may be invited to compete in regional / national VGC events, but I don't understand what that means exactly as regionals are open to all so it would really only apply to nationals. Unless they mean they'll pay for your trips which would be nice.

It's just a small movement and a flash so no waiting for animations to finish before HP goes down and all that. Multiplayer matches always have animations on.

Page 54 it says "You can also enter competitions via Nintendo WFC if there are any being held." I might be reading too much into it though.

EDIT: Clay seems like he would sound like the Simpson's rich texan.

Griffith

Banned
All 8 badges are now mine. Now onto Victory Road.

My team

yBQ9L.png
2oRVA.png
W1g3L.png
36cN0.png
acL8w.png
FQthy.png

Lv. 41 Zebstrika
Lv. 43 Fraxure
Lv. 41 Boldore
Lv. 42 Chandelure
Lv. 41 Sawk
Lv. 42 Krookodile

Red

Can someone in the know explain to me what's so good about Krookodile? I'm raising one right now, and he's good, but he's not blowing my mind or anything. Is there a trick to using him that makes him stand out? He seems to be a staple in so many B/W teams.

My current team is
Samurott
Musharna
Krookodile
Victini

+ Lillipup for pick up
+ HM slave (cycling Watchog, Swanna)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Crunched said:
Yep, same here. I use repels after catching all new Pokemon in any given area. It's not worth fighting only to get the 60-80 experience points I'm nabbing now.
I've never bought this many repels this early in any pokemon game I've ever played.

Lemonades and pokeballs usually ate up my money. Not this time around though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom